Hardware Did I Kill My Wii U?

Big Man Tyrone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a while back, my Wii U fan stopped working, and after a while later, I decided to get the parts to fix it. Once I got to replacing the internal fan, the receptors came off with the Wii U. I don't know what to do right now, and i'm considering to get an external fan. I also cant send it in to Nintendo because the Wii side is modded. Here's two images:

awUXL

2J288

Last edited by Big Man Tyrone2,
Reactions: bootmonster

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Do you know how you would do this, because i'm not very experienced in soldering, also what kinds of materials would you need?
A soldering Iron and some solder wire. You can probably buy a soldering iron somewhere cheaply cause you don't need a fancy one. Look it up on YouTube how to solder, for what you need to do it ain't that hard. Try it out on a piece of wood and when you're comfortable doing so move over to the wii u.

Big Man Tyrone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A soldering Iron and some solder wire. You can probably buy a soldering iron somewhere cheaply cause you don't need a fancy one. Look it up on YouTube how to solder, for what you need to do it ain't that hard. Try it out on a piece of wood and when you're comfortable doing so move over to the wii u.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013JM4AW4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3NY4E0Q4358QL

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00030AP48/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

You think these are worth the price?

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
How did you manage to do that?! The fan is socketed and its possible to simply pull it out using finger nails. From your pictures it looks like you ripped the connector off the board with a pair of pliers?

Since you have never soldered before I would recommend taking it to someone more experienced.

Last edited by Razor83,

Big Man Tyrone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you manage to do that?! The fan is socketed and its possible to simply pull it out using finger nails. From your pictures it looks like you ripped the connector off the board with a pair of pliers?

Since you have never soldered before I would recommend taking it to someone more experienced.
I was trying to get the fan out and I pulled on it way too harder than I should have. Also, I do have experience with soldering, but very little.

Last edited by Big Man Tyrone2,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1