Homebrew Did i Brick my 3DS XL? using Plailect guide?

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
its not working sir.. when i insert my new sdcard i cant press the (b) because i eject my SDcard.. BTW sir is it ok to use micro sdcard with adapter?
My goodness good sir, don't get stressed out. You're almost done, and your problem is not that hard. First of all, you don't need to do a backup if you're on v2.1 and already have a9lh. Just restore the NANDmin backup you made during the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer part. Now if you insist on doing another backup, press select on hourglass9 to unmount the sd card, then remove it and copy all its content to a larger sd card (a micro will do just fine). After that, insert the new sd card and press B.

ponching27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Remember that NAND you where supposed to back up when you made a copy of your files9 folder? Make shure you have it.
yes sir i backup all of it.. i read it somewhere correct me if i am wrong that nand have separate partition its like invisible? because all the files is 1gb and my sd card capacity is 4gb. how come that i have no enough space. thanks sir

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My goodness good sir, don't get stressed out. You're almost done, and your problem is not that hard. First of all, you don't need to do a backup if you're on v2.1 and already have a9lh. Just restore the NANDmin backup you made during the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer part. Now if you insist on doing another backup, press select on hourglass9 to unmount the sd card, then remove it and copy all its content to a larger sd card (a micro will do just fine). After that, insert the new sd card and press B.
i already do that sir.. when i press b nothing happen sir.. i think the format of the sdcard is the problem.. it should be fat32? i only see in mac is exFAt.. thanks

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
i already do that sir.. when i press b nothing happen sir.. i think the format of the sdcard is the problem.. it should be fat32? i only see in mac is exFAt.. thanks
I see you have sd card with capacity of >=64gb. You need to use a 3rd party app to format is as fat32. I personally use minitool partition wizard.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited by annson24,
Reactions: BL4Z3D247

Zabhahs

Goron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did something similiar to this the first time, its easy to fix delete the ctr transfer 2.1 files and restore nand from backup (Needs the sha file in same folder) then your good to go. If you finished the guide you would be on your original firmware.

ponching27

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I see you have sd card with capacity of >=64gb. You need to use a 3rd party app to format is as fat32. I personally use minitool partition wizard.

sir i format my new sdcard to fat32 and it work, now i can go again to hourglass9. but the problem now is that i backup the EMUNAND it says the "SD is not formatted for EmuNAND. Emunand back up failed!.. its the new sd card and i copy all what is inside my old sdcard that has no enough space..

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
sir i format my new sdcard to fat32 and it work, now i can go again to hourglass9. but the problem now is that i backup the EMUNAND it says the "SD is not formatted for EmuNAND. Emunand back up failed!.. its the new sd card and i copy all what is inside my old sdcard that has no enough space..
You need to backup sysnand, not emunand. May I ask why you're backup up your nand again?

novren

Have a banana!
Trophies
XP
Country
Double post.

You do not have to backup emunand or sysnand, you have to restore it. (edit. Sysnand. You gotta restore sysnand)

You need to backup sysnand, not emunand. May I ask why you're backup up your nand again?
He doesn't need to backup sysnand, he's already installed a9lh, he only needs to restore the original one.

I did something similiar to this the first time, its easy to fix delete the ctr transfer 2.1 files and restore nand from backup (Needs the sha file in same folder) then your good to go. If you finished the guide you would be on your original firmware.
I mean, he can delete those files, but he doesn't need the space, he needs to restore sysnand. What he does need to do is copy the full contents of the card to the pc, format the card to fat 32, then copy the files in again, and try to restore sysnand. Restore, not backup.

Last edited by novren,

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Double post.

You do not have to backup emunand or sysnand, you have to restore it. (edit. Sysnand. You gotta restore sysnand)

He doesn't need to backup sysnand, he's already installed a9lh, he only needs to restore the original one.

I mean, he can delete those files, but he doesn't need the space, he needs to restore sysnand. What he does need to do is copy the full contents of the card to the pc, format the card to fat 32, then copy the files in again, and try to restore sysnand. Restore, not backup.
That's what I'm trying to find out as to why he's backing up. Maybe he has his reasons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended