Homebrew Did I accidentally brick my wii u?

efen3001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no money, I'm only in eight grade. I couldn't have bought it even if I did have money because I don't have a credit card
Two mistakes, you should read more before installing Haxchi, as I did and if you're young and have no means to earn money, you should ask your mom and dad.

Last edited by efen3001,

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Two mistakes, you should read more before installing Haxchi, as I did and if you're young and have no means to earn money, you should ask your mon and dad.
My parents don't like to buy me stuff if I don't have money, plus I didn't really care all too much about my wii u anyways which is why I didn't read too much into it.

efen3001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're letting me get a switch because I'm selling all of my old Wii U games for it, obviously that wouldn't add up to 300 dollars but I'm selling the wii u controller and some 3ds games as well because I have backups of them.
Less bad then...

Yoni Arousement

Trophies
Website
yonihq.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
What a conversation over a mistake! I made sure to take my time and read the instructions carefully. "Go to the eshop on your Wii U and purchase one of these DS games (I got Kirby Mass Attack in USA for 5 bucks). Make sure to install to nand not usb." So I unplugged my USB drive, purchased Super Mario 64 DS from the eShop, played it once, used the Internet Browser, went to a website to start Hombrew Launcher, installed Haxchi over my legitimately purchased DS Virtual Console game, then installed CBHC. I was scared to do it, but the end result turned out good.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt I'll install cbhc. I doubt anything bad will happen with my install since I have a legit haxchi game running (my second one actually!). all I need to do is transfer it to the mlc NAND, then toggle the toggle switch to off on my wii u drive. however, if something were to happen then or later down the line or if I somehow forgot not to move the game, I'd brick. it wouldn't be such a big deal to risk if I had bought all physical games, but I bought all digital (75 to be exact). I can't risk losing that money.

aljpn91

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Ironic that now you want him to use the very function that everyone begged him to bypass.

i'm only asking him to apply the checks to coolboot, not haxchi, since that is pretty harmless and has zero risk of bricking.
but why would people want him to bypass the feature anyway? there's 100% chance of bricking if you try to use a non-legit game to coldboot, and still, they show up on the list.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm only asking him to apply the checks to coolboot, not haxchi, since that is pretty harmless and has zero risk of bricking.
but why would people want him to bypass the feature anyway? there's 100% chance of bricking if you try to use a non-legit game to coldboot, and still, they show up on the list.
You missed the point. I'm saying that you want a signature check when the reason for CBHC (in part) is to bypass signature checks. If someone has sigpatches running at the time of the install, and the implementation didn't specifically bypass the sigpatch by calling the original function's address, the check would always succeed.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You missed the point. I'm saying that you want a signature check when the reason for CBHC (in part) is to bypass signature checks. If someone has sigpatches running at the time of the install, and the implementation didn't specifically bypass the sigpatch by calling the original function's address, the check would always succeed.

that's probably how these a non-legit haxchi title mistakes happen.

aljpn91

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
there's no way to get around it then, thanks for the explanation mate

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.