Hacking Did DSI downgrade, cannot play local multiplayer

Pupwa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the DSI downgrade for a friend who wanted CFW. Installed CFW and Restored my back up on my 2ds, tried to play MHG with him and it won't work at all.
Strange part is that we're able to play online multiplayer, so I don't know why local won't work.
Any help please?

wsquan171

Trophies
XP
Country
China
So you restored your 2ds's nand backup on his console? How did you do that? Are we able to restore backups from other consoles now?

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
So you restored your 2ds's nand backup on his console? How did you do that? Are we able to restore backups from other consoles now?
I think he means:
  • His 2ds already hacked
  • He used his 2DS to transfer DSiHax to his friend 3DS
  • Then he restores his 2DS NAND backup before transfer
The situation is very similar to the ORAS guy i mention. That's why I think this is Console identity problem.

wsquan171

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I think he means:
  • His 2ds already hacked
The situation is very similar to the ORAS guy i mention. That's why I think this is Console identity problem.
You have a valid point. But considering the guy in that Oras thread did need formatting his console to create a new NNID on it, I don't think system format will help. I used my 2ds to downgrade 2 consoles but never tried to do multiplayer with those 2. I'll try and see if I'm having the same problem and report back.

Hypola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have noticed when doing the system transfer that had my main nnid on 3ds 1. I made a nand backup with hourglass9, formated system, put another NNID (to be transferd) did the transfer and restored my backup. now what i belive has happend is the 3ds 1 has transferd not 1 NNID but 2 to 3ds 2 . basically on my 3ds 1 the nnid is semi attached to it, i can paly online, see what frinds are online. but i cant use the eshop or miiverse (keep asking me to sign in/up to Nintendo Network, its like a stange state of Nintendo limbo lol, but im thinking do a format 3DS 1 and a system transfer back from 3ds 2 should fix the problems ....

Last edited by Hypola,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have noticed when doing the system transfer that had my main nnid on 3ds 1. I made a nand backup with hourglass9, formated system, put another NNID (to be transferd) did the transfer and restored my backup. now what i belive has happend is the 3ds 1 has transferd not 1 NNID but 2 to 3ds 2 . basically on my 3ds 1 the nnid is semi attached to it, i can paly online, see what frinds are online. but i cant use the eshop or miiverse (keep asking me to sign in/up to Nintendo Network, its like a stange state of Nintendo limbo lol, but im thinking do a format and a system transfer back sould fix the problems ....
When you do a system transfer, every NNID associated with a console gets transferred, whether it is the active NNID or not. You can either system transfer back or call Nintendo and ask them to return the NNID to the source console.

Reactions: XRaTiX and OrGoN3

nedron92

Trophies
Website
www.github.com
XP
Country
Germany
If you do a systemTransfer all NNIDs will be transferred (yes that's right, even if your format your system).
I had this with my friends 3DS as well after a DSiWare Downgrade. (We transferred back to mine, to have my NNID on my 3Ds, but it also transferred her NNID to mine..even after the downgrade and formating). You have to call ninty to free one NNID of your 3DS to use it on an other one. (tell them a believable story xD)

AND if you restore a backup after a system-transfer on 3DS#1 and didn't format either 3DS#1 oder #2, you will have the same ID within the Nintendo-3DS folder!.

Also, friends online are not bounded to your NNID .. ehsop is(;

Hypola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so if im right my micro sd in 3ds 1 can also work for 3ds 2 and visaversa? correct me if im wrong, meh im fine without miiverse or eshop (i have my wii u for miiverse and freshop) aslong as i can play online/wifi/infa and i can update im cool

Pupwa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he means:
  • His 2ds already hacked

Yes this is what happened, sorry for not being clear about that

I don't believe if NNID is why we can't play together, since I never set one up one for my 3ds and my friend didn't too.
It might be the console identity mentioned earlier, since I can play local smash with other people just fine

nedron92

Trophies
Website
www.github.com
XP
Country
Germany
so if im right my micro sd in 3ds 1 can also work for 3ds 2 and visaversa? correct me if im wrong, meh im fine without miiverse or eshop (i have my wii u for miiverse and freshop) aslong as i can play online/wifi/infa and i can update im cool
Yes, as long as you didn't format any of these Nands - they have the same identiy (32-char ID within the Nintendo 3DS folder) after a System Transfer.
But prefer to format one with tinyFormat ^^.

Yes this is what happened, sorry for not being clear about that

I don't believe if NNID is why we can't play together, since I never set one up one for my 3ds and my friend didn't too.
It might be the console identity mentioned earlier, since I can play local smash with other people just fine

It could be the problem, what is, if you make a backup and format one of those systems with TinyFormat and test again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You too