Did anyone get Final Fantasy XV for Xbox one?

Discussion in 'Xbox One - Games & Content' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I looked through twitch for everyone who was playing the game but i didn't find one person playing it on xbox one, and there is lots of people playing it, so i was curious. I hope square enix didn't waste time and money selling it on there. :ninja:

2. Zero72463

Zero72463 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 27, 2016
    United States
    No I might get it. Getting an xbox one s tomorrow! :)

3. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Oh, Congratulations sir. :)
    Hope you like it. Is been selling way better than playstation 4 i hear so maybe a step in the right direction. I had the idea that people prefer the playstation 4 verison cause it has better performance on the new pro system but maybe xbox one version isn't so bad. :unsure:

Maybe try the demo before deciding to purchase.

4. Zero72463

Zero72463 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 27, 2016
    United States
    Yeah, the xbox one has hdr so I hope it looks better. I hope I stepped in the right directions. :)

5. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    I can only hope the Ps4 Pro upscales it. I wont be able to know till Xmas unless theres video comparisons out already

6. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend ~Apprentice Game Designer~

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    It was selling more for a while, but I think PS4 retook top sales again this month.

I believe the PS4 Pro version has HDR as well.

PS4 Pro runs the game in either 1080p @60fps or 4K @30fps, your choice. 4K mode also has better graphics than standard 1080p mode. 1080p mode is on par with standard PS4, except at 60fps. You can also downscale from 4K to a 1080p screen for better visuals. Hope this helps~
    (and yes, video comparisons are out there!)

MasterJ360 likes this.
  7. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I'm not really interested in sales, just content. Exclusive games is what makes me buy the stuff. :P

Now xbox finally got another JRPG to play that isn't Pier solar on xbox market. (I don't know if there any others) :ninja:

8. HaloEliteLegend

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    I feel ya xD
    I'll take whatever box lets me play Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, DragonQuest, and Persona.

9. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well i was just concernd that square enix printed all those disc and if they were gonna sell at all, might been waste of time and money. I haven't played the game yet but it looks harder than Xenoblade chronicles. Is amusing and fun to watch but i dunno if i can bring myself to play such a game that is drastically different from turn based JRPG the series is known for. I wish i could play the demo, but the judgement disc needs a asia account to download, i heard the platinum demo or the duscae demo from the Final fantasy type 0 isn't that great compared to the final build.

10. HaloEliteLegend

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    It might sell alright in the west. And yeah, that's been an understanding qualm about the game for a lot of long-time fans. Mmm... D'you think GameStop or another store might have demos?

11. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Psychosystem Denomination
    Nah, waiting untill PC....

if ever :cry:

12. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    I guess the pre order DLC's are really nothing to boast about since we will get them eventually via xbmarketplace/psn
    judging from what Square did to the XIII pre orders
    Day one Editions are actually timely exclusives, but my local store has a ton of them lol

13. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    If you mean like demo stations set up like at game conventions, then depends on the game i guess, but i meant like a download demo that wasn't the platinum one.

14. HaloEliteLegend

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    I think such a demo would go a long way in giving would-be buyers some more confidence, especially heading into the holiday season here. Porting the Judgement Disc or something similar would be great, I agree.

15. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    The judgement disc demo exist in chinese region (i think) I guess the possible reason why the other regions do not have it cause maybe lots of pre-orders, perhaps showed it was unnecessary to set one up, which kinda makes sense if you think about it. Still i would have appreciated it at least.

16. HaloEliteLegend

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    A while ago, I saw articles like these that cited research showing game demos were harmful to game sales, contrary to their supposed "try before you buy" benefit:
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/game-demos-can-hurt-sales-suggests-research/1100-6410863/
    It'd make sense business-wise, then, to forego the Judgement Disc or other demo, especially in a questionable market for JRPGs. Unfortunate for on-the-fence players, tho.

17. jimmyleen

jimmyleen GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 28, 2016
    Sorry to revive a old topic but that sounds like a the same thing company's talked about before dlc was popular, I'm talking about the late 1990's and the early 2000's.