Did a mod do this or was my account hacked?

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The word idiot appeared in the country field under my name after someone took exception to my description of my inferior visuospatial skills. I screengrabbed it before I managed to change it in my settings.
Need Zelda   .png

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
did you change your country to something like an ocean or a weird place?
it's a tiny easter egg on gbatemp, if you change to some "special places" it will say idiot

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i can't seem to find them, but you could change your country to pacific ocean or something like that and you would have "idiot" in the place of the flag

Reactions: Miss Panda

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
did you change your country to something like an ocean or a weird place?
it's a tiny easter egg on gbatemp, if you change to some "special places" it will say idiot
I haven't posted on here in forever but it would have said UK or possibly Europe or EU. But it never was a problem before. So I don't see that it could be that. Back in the day people used to have Antarctica as their location (not me) & it all displayed correctlly. It is only today that this has happened

Locations that aren't countries and don't have a flag to display, display a tiny icon saying "idiot" instead.
Use a real place :angry:
It was either UK or Europe. Is this a forum change because it always displayed correctly in the past & I haven't changed it since 2007/2008?

Europe is a real place, if you mean we have to put a country now & not a continent then fine. But why the angry face? I'm only asking because I didn't know why it had suddenly appeared

Last edited by Miss Panda,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I haven't posted on here in forever but it would have said UK or possibly Europe or EU. But it never was a problem before. So I don't see that it could be that. Back in the day people used to have Antarctica as their location (not me) & it all displayed correctlly. It is only today that this has happened
maybe it was a small bug or something, but like @Veho said, if you don't put a real place (like an ocean) the "idiot" is a place holder.. admins choosed the idiot probably as a funny effect.

when i started on gbatemp, i didnt bothered to put info on my profile.. it detected my country and putted the flag according to either my browser options or my ip. most likely it is based on the ip.
maybe the website couldn't figure out your actual ip location and gived you a flag for another place--
for example, i remember when i used a 3G pen drive, when i looked up my ip, it gave me a really weird place that was in the middle of the ocean.. so if i logged on gbatemp, it would change the flag to that place holder...

Reactions: Miss Panda

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Locations that aren't countries and don't have a flag to display, display a tiny icon saying "idiot" instead.
Use a real place :angry:
maybe it was a small bug or something, but like @Veho said, if you don't put a real place (like an ocean) the "idiot" is a place holder.. admins choosed the idiot probably as a funny effect.

when i started on gbatemp, i didnt bothered to put info on my profile.. it detected my country and putted the flag according to either my browser options or my ip. most likely it is based on the ip.
maybe the website couldn't figure out your actual ip location and gived you a flag for another place--
for example, i remember when i used a 3G pen drive, when i looked up my ip, it gave me a really weird place that was in the middle of the ocean.. so if i logged on gbatemp, it would change the flag to that place holder...
Yeah I'm going to assume it was a forum change. Thanks for helping :)

It's showing a flag on my end.

View attachment 29823
In the screengrab I posted it shows as IDIOT. As I explained in the first post I changed it in settings after I posted the grab. But I didn't know at that stage what had caused it

And now it says New Member under my name what the.........? Also when I posted the other thread my old avatar had gone I had to upload a new one

Last edited by Miss Panda,

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt someone hacked your GBAtemp account just to do silly things like changing your forum title and country code. If I hacked your account, I'd post a bunch of ban-worthy stuff.

Miss Panda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I cannot tell a lie, this was all Costellos doing! :sad:

:gun:
you lot are mean rotters :D I don't know what to believe
I doubt someone hacked your GBAtemp account just to do silly things like changing your forum title and country code. If I hacked your account, I'd post a bunch of ban-worthy stuff.
That is a fair point actually

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...