Devolution - Public Release

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by tueidj, Jul 12, 2012.

1. GeBeCluck23

GeBeCluck23 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2012
    United States
    Darn it! That's quite frustrating! As niche of a feature as this is, I would be really excited to have it implemented. I truly hope it's added in soon. I understand by all means that I'm not entitled to such a feature in any way, shape, or form, but I would sincerely appreciate it if the developer did add this in.

2. Cisz

Cisz Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2013
    Indeed. Homeland might be one of, if not the only one, that uses it. But it seems there are quite a few of us that want the feature. I wouldn't hold out hope for it to be implemented, but if it happens we could both play online on Wii :)

3. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

GBAtemp Patron
    pwsincd is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    no ones seen from tueidj in a good while ,, in fact i think since the uproar over his anti piracy measures in this app.. i do wonder what hes up too , clearly a talented guy.

KiiWii likes this.
  4. Etheboss

Etheboss Official LULWUT supporter

Feb 24, 2009
    Netherlands
    Around somewhere
    Best bet to get some answer is to post something on the gc-forever forum

5. laz305

laz305 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2008
    United States
    I finally got the GC game disc it's on it's way. So is this way of getting online still working?

6. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    Does anyone with Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly have it working with Devolution? I have not tried in a while but the last time I did, it did not work.

7. CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47 Complex Donut

Oct 11, 2011
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    Yeah actually that was one of the games I tried with Devo ages ago and it was one of only a couple that didn't work.
    Just switch to Nintendont.

VinsCool likes this.
  8. LoggerMan

LoggerMan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 10, 2011
    So now that Nintendon't has surpassed Devolution, is he going to release all of the code behind Devolution just to satisfy the curiosity of his more programming minded fans?

9. julialy

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    no, tudej is big on "anti-piracy" and I doubt he will release his code

10. LoggerMan

LoggerMan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 10, 2011
    Damn, that's too bad. I remember the buzz around this when it first came out so it's a bit sad that it'll all stay a secret now that it's obsolete. Feels a bit like Asimov burning his old notes before he died, so they are lost to history now.

11. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    "Anti-piracy" = Ego.

12. CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47 Complex Donut

Oct 11, 2011
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    I really don't think Tueidj is going to ever release his source code, or ever acknowledge devolution exists anymore. He hasn't posted since about 2012, and hasn't even visited while logged in since 2014.

Truthfully, I can't say I didn't see it coming, putting AP in a program made to run games from 2001 to 2007 for free, on a console already designed to play them? That's completely ridiculous and laughable to boot. :rofl2: It's a shame he had to riddle something clearly incredible with DRM. Devo truly had the potential to totally destroy Dios Mios. And it did destroy Dios Mios when you actually bothered to go through the confusing disc verification crap.

Obviously many people would've used it to play ISOs of games they didn't own, but most people that use stuff like Nintendont use it to play games they've played before, owned before, or owned on other platforms, anyway- so it's just a pointless measure that gets in the way.

Devo to me I've always equated to be sort of like if I developed a DOSBoX alternative that refused to run anything not connected directly to the system either by a CD or Floppy Drive, and it painstakingly hashchecked your disks and verified you weren't emulating the disc drive by checking if you have Daemon Tools or PowerISO and if it finds them the program will totally refuse to run to begin with.

Anyhow I guess this isn't really the place to be talking about this stuff but since Devo is all but dead anyway it doesn't really matter I think.

Glad Nintendont came about in the end. :yaywii:

cvskid, driverdis, LoggerMan and 2 others like this.
  13. galuz

galuz Newbie

Newcomer
    May 30, 2016
    Do you still need legit games to use this? I'm looking to pso online, any help would be appreciated?

14. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Yeah you still need the original Gamecube disc and an old Wii which is compatible with such (sadly)

15. galuz

galuz Newbie

Newcomer
    May 30, 2016
    thx for reply.

I have a wii that can boot bootmii (boot2) fron startup, is that alright?

I need pso plus to play online right? Which is the Japanese version?

Last edited by galuz, May 30, 2016
  16. portugeek

portugeek GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2013
    United States
    Does Devolution emulate GBA Link support for games like Four Swords Adventure, Gale of Darkness, etc..?

17. Zonta85

Zonta85 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 9, 2007
    Italy
    Ascoli Piceno
    I don't know but if u are talking about the connection between GC and GBA trough his connection cable, Nintendont does if the native control option is set to on, and without the antipiracy bullshits that devolution has.

If u are talking about a complete emulation without the GBA hardware and his pairing link cable i'm not sure but i guess that the answer is no for both.

18. portugeek

portugeek GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2013
    United States
    Yeah, I'm talking about complete emulation with the GBA hardware.

19. Snintendog

Snintendog Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2015
    United States
    Would love for him to release the only good part of his program the BBA emulation so good people can use it to finally get the lan party back up and running but we know he won't. that AP was super obnoxious not only did you have to have the disk you had to do it every time it updated because in his infinite wisdom he made it so it wont remember what games you confirmed you had and it took five minutes just to confirm that the disk is in fact real and log it. This damn program should be unpined he obviously abandoned it.

ShadowOne333 and air2004 like this.
  20. air2004

air2004 Air

Oct 24, 2008
    United States
    Anytown
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/why-add-anti-piracy-measures-to-devolution.330634/