Hacking Devolution - Public Release

Traveller777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

Something odd has happened with my Devolution setup. I ripped a new game via clean rip, then moved the iso into the games folder, but when I loaded up Devolution most of my games aren't showing up. There's like 6 files listed when scrolling through on Devolution.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

Something odd has happened with my Devolution setup. I ripped a new game via clean rip, then moved the iso into the games folder, but when I loaded up Devolution most of my games aren't showing up. There's like 6 files listed when scrolling through on Devolution.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Use Nintendont

megatokyo500

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're probably using left and right to scroll through the list 5 games at a time. Use up and down instead.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I was more fishing for info than anything. Just want to know what features Devo is still holding onto to claim "superiority" over Nintendont.

Of course, because there are no advantages over Nintendont, compatibility is near perfect and you don't have to go through that AP disc verification bullshit, which IMHO, is unnecessary.

Disc verification. :P

Yeah, well disc verification can fuck off :creep:

Reactions: ShadowOne333

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fully support Nintendont, but here the devo-exclusive features I know of:
Wireless BT controller support for non-nintendo controllers (DS3, OUYA)
Wired/Bluetooth keyboard support (Nintendont might support wired, not certain).
Wired XBOX360 controller support without an adapter
Screenshots
Image stretching to remove the black bars on the left and right of most HDTV's
Dynamic widescreen toggling in game
Forcing wireless controllers to connect to a specific controller slot
Modem emulation
Wireless debugging
Slightly more stable than Nintendont with large 16MB/128Mb memory cards (?)
Memory card image on the Wii's internal NAND (seems like a bad idea to me, but it's a feature)

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was never able to successfully launch devolution but I run nintendont with none of the problems you're reporting at all it makes my wii feel pretty much like a gamecube. Actually better.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fully support Nintendont, but here are the features I know of:
Wireless BT controller support for non-nintendo controllers (DS3, OUYA)
Wired/Bluetooth keyboard support (Nintendont might support wired, not certain).
Wired XBOX360 controller support without an adapter
Screenshots
Image stretching to remove the black bars on the left and right of most HDTV's
Dynamic widescreen toggling in game
Forcing wireless controllers to connect to a specific controller slot
Modem emulation
Wireless debugging
Slightly more stable than Nintendont with large 16MB/128Mb memory cards (?)
Memory card image on the Wii's internal NAND (seems like a bad idea to me, but it's a feature)

Nintendont has DS3 support, actually, not sure if you've been following Nintendont last year or not. But many BT controllers work just fine.
Widescreen/stretching is also supported for many games
No disc verification bullshit needed, that's a big turnoff for me
Why old no-longer-being-sold games need to be verified is beyond me.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont has DS3 support, actually, not sure if you've been following Nintendont last year or not. But many BT controllers work just fine.
Widescreen/stretching is also supported for many games
Wireless DS3 support? As in you can sync it to the Wii and play with it without a cable?
And Nintendont still doesn't support "stretched" widescreen. Regardless of the settings, There are still pillars on the left and right of the screen ranging in width depending on the game.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Discussing this in the Devo thread is not where this should be. We need a new thread if we want to discuss which is better:lol:

Also bluetooth controllers can change controller ports using the power button on the controller

Reactions: Etheboss

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Yeah, I call bullshit on his claim lol. Denial is a very popular thing for people to resort to.

LOL you obviously haven't tried SSBM in Nintendont. Devolution definitely has its flaws, I was only responding to someone who claimed it was obsolete. Well if it runs a bunch of games better then it's not obsolete, eh? It's just logic. Also don't assume things, I'm just stating facts and I don't take sides.

I won't write a list, just use what works best for you. However if someone makes a thread for it then I will contribute to it.
Widescreen/stretching is also supported for many games.

He meant being able to toggle widescreen in-game with a wiimote, and horizontal stretching, two very different things Nintendont cannot do. The stretching is for modern TVs with lower horizontal overscan, not necessarily for wide screen TVs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Cool didn't know they ported cuphead on vita