Hacking Devolution - Public Release

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I think I may have found my CleanRip 1.0.5 Write error problem. I just plugged in my old hard drive and started to rip the games to the NTFS partiton and everything seems to work now. Just thought I would post this in case some others have trouble with this as well. (I had to use old drive cuz new drive is only FAT32)
So again, Thanks to everybody who tried to help me with this problem

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. And it worked sorta. I got a few of my games that wouldn't work on the new hdd done but I'm still having trouble with one game: Paper Mario [G8ME01].
When I use a downloaded iso then try to verify the disc, devolution makes a file G8ME00.DVV which I don't understand..

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Yep. And it worked sorta. I got a few of my games that wouldn't work on the new hdd done but I'm still having trouble with one game: Paper Mario [G8ME01].
When I use a downloaded iso then try to verify the disc, devolution makes a file G8ME00.DVV which I don't understand..
That's the verification file. That sounds normal to me. Is there something else it's doing that's wierd?

also, just a thought with your new hard drive. Have you thought to check it for bad sectors? It might also be a bad USB cable. It seems wierd that there would be write errors so often.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the verification file was suppose to match the game ID. And I did check for bad sectors when I first got it. I got a few cords, they're the USB 3.0 ones, I'll switch those out and see what I find out. Thanks Maxternal.

Dimensio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem using Devolution with USB Loader GX.

I have used CleanRip to pull images.

If I launch Devolution directly from the HBC and I have a game image on usb1:/games then the Devolution launcher can find the game and loads and plays it properly.

However, if I attempt to use USB Loader GX to load the same game (with the same image that worked before moved to usb1:/games/[game folder]) then the screen goes black and the system hangs. No flashing disc drive (and the problem even occurs with the original game disc inserted, so it's not a problem with Devolution needing to read the disc for the first time).

This occurs whether I launch USB Loader GX directly from the Wii System menu (using a forwarder, not as an installed channel itself) or whether I launch from the HBC.

Loading GC games using DIOS MIOS in USB Loader GX works, but I'd like the option of Devolution for the games that have issues in DIOS MIOS.

What exactly am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind. I recopied the USB Loader files to apps and now it works. Not sure what it was.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has probably been mentioned (somewhere across this 105 page thread) but I wonder if this product has potential for authenticating Gamecube Games on the Wii U.

http://www.libertyphotoproducts.com/product/adapter-mini-cd-dvd,1885,1094.htm

Although these guys sure are expensive for a small piece of plastic.
Yeah, this has been mentioned already in this thread. I'm just not 100% sure which page it is.
In my opinion tho, it does have potential. We just have to wait and see..

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the WiiU has USB ports, I don't see why someone couldn't just get a GC controller adaptor or something, I think I've seen those somewhere btw.. idk, just a thought for mind..

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah your right on that.. maybe one day it would get applied to a later release. It's really the only thing I can think of that (might) actually work if applied.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👈 Always touching 🍆