Hacking Devolution disc check question

chyron8472

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this question is asked elsewhere, but I'm new to these forums so please bear with me if it is. Does the initial disc check on the Devolution save the check status to the USB HDD (when applicable), to the SD card or to the console? I want, for my nephew's birthday, to give him a USB HDD and set up his Wii to play ripped copies of his games. The hitch is that his Wii's disc reader isn't working. So, my question is whether I could use my own Wii to verify his discs since his Wii can't.

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it adds a Wii console specific code (like the serial number or uses the personal keys) to the verification, so if you verify it on one wii, you can't take it to another without verifying it again.

This is part of the copy protection, otherwise people would just post verified images online and defeat the copy protection.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devolution verifies it to the device the game is on (USB or SD), it also saves that game check to a Wiimote, you can infact use it on another Wii/WiiU as long as the Wiimote used to verify and the hdd/sd are the same.

This is how it's done.

Rip all GC games to a hdd or SD.
Move all iso's to the /game folder.
Open devolution, choose device game is on.
Start the game.
Now the blue light will blink 4x.
Turn on the Wiimote you want to save check to.
When wiimote is on, pop the game disc in and wait till it loads.
Done.

You can now pop that (USB/SD) into another Wii or WiiU and start the game using devolution with the same WiiMote you used to verify.

If you did it right, you will no longer need the disc in there on any wii or wiiu providing you use the same device and wiimote.

Just borrow his wiimote and use a SD/HDD he can have when you rip and verify.

chyron8472

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can the check be saved to more than one Wii Remote at a time? Or does that mean that once the check is assigned to a particular Wii Remote, it then is not assigned to any others?

If multiple owned Wii Remotes aren't outwardly distinctive from each other (which his are not), and only one remote is associated with the check at a time, then that would make it difficult to ensure the same remote is used each time the game was started.

I suppose the questions really are: does a person have to verify every game once per controller they own, or are they forced to use just the one remote each time, lest their previous verifications become invalid; and does the answer to either question depend on whether the console used is the one the game was verified on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its how we get shit tons of shovelware.