Hacking Devmenu & save data filer as 3dsx ?

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about Save Data Filer though? If it's possible to remove the Cubic Ninja cartridge and have a homebrew application continue running (which I'm not sure of, as my copy hasn't arrived yet) then wouldn't it be possible to at least program a homebrew application with the same function? Seems simple enough.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
What about Save Data Filer though? If it's possible to remove the Cubic Ninja cartridge and have a homebrew application continue running (which I'm not sure of, as my copy hasn't arrived yet) then wouldn't it be possible to at least program a homebrew application with the same function? Seems simple enough.
I'm sure SDF still requires special services

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone create a tool that enables decryption and re-encryption of 3DS saves entirely on the SD card, using the same function that's used by games to encrypt/decrypt saves? I don't see why that wouldn't be possible; after all that's obviously something games have access to. That way it would at least be possible to, say, edit Pokemon saves with PKHeX, if you have a PowerSaves to transfer the saves.

If this is possible, then if he doesn't have one, I'd lend dekuNukem (from Twitch Plays Pokemon) my copy of Cubic Ninja to use to decrypt his PowerSaves games. (Or maybe he could send the files to someone to decrypt on someone else's 3DS if that's possible, but I assume it isn't because otherwise PowerSaves files could be shared.) That way the save files from Twitch Plays Pokemon X and Omega Ruby could be published!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.