Homebrew DevMenu as Launcher.dat possible?

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
why not try to decrypt any if these launchers, change some magic value to true(isCardInserted) and profit!

Because the code is obfuscated, full of ROP calls (so it's difficoult to understand), protected with CRC check to avoid modifications, and last but not least there is the possibility of some timebomb bricking code hidden somewhere if you bypass all these protection.

Not to say that if one have onought knowledge to understand fully the GW code, he can write it's emunand loader and FW patcher with less effort (and propably will not share it)

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usb fuzzing duh
Fuzzing wouldn't be the word, but dumping data transmitted over USB could work pretty well, actually. If I remember, the writes to the card are all in plaintext... it's almost like they don't care if their software gets reverse-engineered so long as somebody bought their product to do it. That being said, though, I don't own the cart. Nor do I want to, really.

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can verify that this works. Incredible. Thank god gateway's launchers are so simple to effortlessly decrypt and modify!

I laughed so fucking hard.

In order to run the illegitimate CIAs, you'd need gateway (or MT) mode. Which requires a card, and you'd just be able to run devmenu on that anyway. Which defeats the purpose of using it as a launcher.dat.
Pretty sure .CIA are archives, not executables.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just making sure you knew, because of how you said 'running' .CIA.

It's pretty much the same thing. Install and then run. I just say running a CIA as shorthand, since it's implied, and I don't know if there's a name for an installed cia.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: shit like goku mui and beerus and other dbs stuff lmao