Homebrew DevKitPRO Help

Wozzie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmmk. I've been struggling with these same stupid errors, google is not helpful, so I'm here now.

I've been trying to recompile SpaceJump's multi forwarding channels since they're a bit outdated for my liking. I've acquired the source, downloaded DevKitPRO 1.5 (latest as of this post), and dropped in the jpeg library aptly mentioned in the forwarder's thread. I've redownloaded, reinstalled, uninstalled, and just about everything under the sun, and no matter what..

Code:
> "make" 
dol.c
elf.c
main.c
c:/devkitpro/dev/wfmedia/source/main.c: In function 'main':
c:/devkitpro/dev/wfmedia/source/main.c:190: warning: implicit declaration of function 'strspn'
c:/devkitpro/dev/wfmedia/source/main.c:190: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'strspn'
c:/devkitpro/dev/wfmedia/source/main.c:238: warning: implicit declaration of function 'valid_elf_image'
c:/devkitpro/dev/wfmedia/source/main.c:241: warning: implicit declaration of function 'load_elf_image'
c:/devkitpro/dev/wfmedia/source/main.c:243: warning: implicit declaration of function 'load_dol_image'
c:/devkitpro/dev/wfmedia/source/main.c:257: warning: implicit declaration of function '__exception_closeall'
c:/devkitpro/dev/wfmedia/source/main.c: In function 'draw_background':
c:/devkitpro/dev/wfmedia/source/main.c:270: warning: implicit declaration of function 'memset'
c:/devkitpro/dev/wfmedia/source/main.c:270: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'memset'
c:/devkitpro/dev/wfmedia/source/main.c:277: warning: implicit declaration of function 'display_jpeg'
c:/devkitpro/dev/wfmedia/source/main.c: At top level:
c:/devkitpro/dev/wfmedia/source/main.c:281: warning: conflicting types for 'display_jpeg'
c:/devkitpro/dev/wfmedia/source/main.c:277: warning: previous implicit declaration of 'display_jpeg' was here
c:/devkitpro/dev/wfmedia/source/main.c: In function 'trim':
c:/devkitpro/dev/wfmedia/source/main.c:308: warning: implicit declaration of function 'strlen'
c:/devkitpro/dev/wfmedia/source/main.c:308: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'strlen'
c:/devkitpro/dev/wfmedia/source/main.c:315: warning: implicit declaration of function 'isspace'
linking ... wfmedia.elf
output ... wfmedia.dol

> Process Exit Code: 0
> Time Taken: 00:02

The output .dol files do not work (it'll bannerbrick actually.) I've got access to Windows XP & 7 and it's the same error regardless. This is all a bit foreign to me, so any advice would be great.

Wozzie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
Did you try it with the libogc I linked in my thread?

Thanks for replying. Yes, I did. I actually get the same errors with or without the libogc library you linked.

Mainly, here's exactly what I'm doing.. am I missing something?

Uninstalled DevKitPRO. (Cleaned the folder out, too.)
Redownloaded & installed DKP1.5, reboot.
Dragged the libogc folder into the /devkitpro folder. (renamed previous library.)
Placed the jpeg library into /devkitppc/powerpc-geckko
Clean, Make.. errors :

Wozzie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess this might be a noobish question, but does DevKitPRO need to be "recompiled" or have the libraries rebuilt into the program? I ran the self-installer to get everything going. I would lead myself to believe that, at least, the errors would be slightly different between the two libogc versions (but perhaps not.)

Perhaps I should use an older version of DevKitPRO? I've tried 1.50, 1.49, and 1.48 with both prepacked libogc's and SpaceJump's libogc. No matter what is tried, it just seems to go nowhere. I've even tried running it through a VM on my Mac with different Window's versions, and, regardless, the errors remain the same. Please help :

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
hey Spacejump, ever got to the 9th level on Metroid
tongue.gif
lol

Site & Scene News