Hardware Developer Mode?

D

Deleted User

If used with dev config app, you can enable settings that cannot be enabled otherwise. (Extended ram mode and test menu)
Ooooooh, I'm liking the sound of that!! :tpi:
Would you mind telling me more about this? (Or anyone else for that matter, I suppose)

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ooooooh, I'm liking the sound of that!! :tpi:
Would you mind telling me more about this? (Or anyone else for that matter, I suppose)
Just get the sdk config app and enable luma dev mode, then activate the following:

• System mode: Allows you to be in dev2 mode (SSB mode) with 80 MB of RAM. This means launching apps in 80MB mode will launch as fast as New 3DS, and won't need a reboot. However, you won't be able to launch miiverse, browser, etc, and system boot will take more time.
  • Menu: Allows to switch from Test menu/home menu. However, test menu is not present in retail units, so you will brick (until you disable dev mode) I only have a factory test menu, and it crashes, we'll need a working test menu cia to check if this works.

Last edited by PabloMK7,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Just get the sdk config app and enable luma dev mode, then activate the following:

• System mode: Allows you to be in dev2 mode (SSB mode) with 80 MB of RAM. This means launching apps in 80MB mode will launch as fast as New 3DS, and won't need a reboot. However, you won't be able to launch miiverse, browser, etc, and system boot will take more time.
  • Menu: Allows to switch from Test menu/home menu. However, test menu is not present in retail units, so you will brick (until you disable dev mode) I only have a factory test menu, and it crashes, we'll need a working test menu cia to check if this works.
For me, turning on the test menu just boots into the normal HOME Menu, but I can't boot into extended-memory games, and exiting from system modules like the Friends List and Notifications causes the system to hang.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
He*
6cWdXwJ.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you?