Detective Pikachu game unveiled, coming to Japan next week

jpKk7jV.jpg

Way back in 2013, you may recall that a new Pokemon game featuring Pikachu was teased. This was announced as a title featuring the classic character in a detective role. The project finally resurfaced today, and you might be surprised to hear that it’s coming out in Japan next week.

Great Detective Pikachu: Birth of a New Combination, developed by Creatures, releases on February 3 as a 3DS eShop game. Pricing is set at 1,500 yen (1,200 yen between January 27 and February 29). You can watch the first trailer below.

The game is described as a “cinematic adventure”. Detective Pikachu features a story set in Rhyme City, a place where people and Pokemon live together. A young boy named Tim Goodman comes to this city to fulfill a certain objective. There, Tim and Pikachu have an unexpected encounter. A new story begins from here.

HMchrGO.jpg
Great Detective Pikachu: Birth of a New Combination takes up 800MB of space (6,400 blocks). You can access the official site here.

:arrow:Source

Last edited by Lycan911, , Reason: Pics updated

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
It just strikes me as an odd idea, what's next? Policeman Pikachu? Fireman Pikachu? Doctor Pikachu? Nurse Pikachu? Nurse Joy Pikachu? Pikachu Pikachu?

Well at this point in time Pikachu is really like Mario. You can put the character in all position (sportmans, nurse. doctor, policeman, ecc...) and the idea can work any time. Is not waht the pepole probably want, come on we all want Pokèmon Z/Pokémon Y2/Pokémon X2/ Pokémon XYZ whaterver that game call, but i can see still work in buissnes prospectvie especialy for the child. I like the idea to manage a detective agency in the Pokémon world personaly but this game...is not what i have in mind when i think about this idea.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if it will have English language stored in the game like Hyrule Warriors and other titles!
Hyrule warriors has that because it's getting localized, this doesn't seem like something they'd bring to the west until they see how it sells in Japan.

There's always fan translations.

TJHeartnote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be an episodic game. I wonder if they might get some starpower behind the english voice for Pikachu. Maybe David Tennat?

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Watched the trailer first without sound and saw this expressive, mo-capped Pikachu. My first thought was "Go for the deep hard-boiled detective voice and I'm sold."
The contrast would be so unfitting that it's hilarious!

Last edited by henn64,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt