Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Jim Sterling said:
Kid Icarus: Uprising is equal parts tremendous and terrible, with a fine line clearly separating the two distinct territories. Unfortunately, since each stage ends on a sour note, the overall emotion one gains is that of bitter disappointment. It's a game that repeatedly starts strong and ends despicably, and as much as I want to adore it, I ended every session cursing its name. For its humor, its ambition, and its genuinely thrilling flight segments, it deserves a lot of credit. However, everything else it does is a bitter pill to swallow and damages all the genuine good that has been accomplished.
Truly a shame.

Final Verdict:
Mediocre: 5s are an exercise in apathy, neither Solid nor Liquid. Not exactly bad, but not very good either. Just a bit "meh," really. Basically, this is like a "7" on your grandfather's blog.​
I had to post it before someone else did.​

A brief history of Jim Sterling reviews:

Vanquish: 5/10
Assassin's Creed 2: 3/10
Mario Kart 7: 5/10
CoD MW3: 9.5/10
Killzone 3: 10/10

Reactions: 2 people

Judas18

Queen Kunty
Trophies
XP
Country
He only gives those shitty scores for attention on his blog. He knows about as much as a bog brush when it comes to video games.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mediocre: 5s are an exercise in apathy, neither Solid nor Liquid. Not exactly bad, but not very good either. Just a bit "meh," really. Basically, this is like a "7" on your grandfather's blog.
No this I do not agree. It's lke saying that scoring a test with a mere 50% is 'not exactly bad, but not very good either' when it's plainly not good. This guys doesn't know how to make a decent review. And I'm so glad he's not teacher. Or else he would fail so many students.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you implying that the guy only likes 1st person shooter games by putting those two at the end for comparison? Do you have any comparable scores from similar games?

Mediocre: 5s are an exercise in apathy, neither Solid nor Liquid. Not exactly bad, but not very good either. Just a bit "meh," really. Basically, this is like a "7" on your grandfather's blog.
No this I do not agree. It's lke saying that scoring a test with a mere 50% is 'not exactly bad, but not very good either' when it's plainly not good. This guys doesn't know how to make a decent review. And I'm so glad he's not teacher. Or else he would fail so many students.
The blog defines what the scores mean, not the reader. His 5 might be the equivalent of an IGN 7 by his own standards. Regardless, people are entitled to their opinion, and you guys are entitled to disagree with those opinions, but only when you've had the same experience.

ITT: People who haven't played this game judging him.
Welcome to GBATemp.

Me, I'm staying open minded. Nintendo Life scored the game 9, IGN 8.5, this guy 5. From what I've seen of the game and other reviews I'm thinking a 9 is probably going to be a bit strong, but I won't know until I play it, right?

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
ITT: People who haven't played this game judging him.
Hush now prowler. You do know who this guy is, right? I gave some hints in the OP.
I know who this guy is and I fucking hate him for giving Vanquish a 5/10 but Kid Icarus isn't even out yet.
And clearly he deserves a fair chance when it comes to his reviews, right?
Guilds twin.
Oh come now, that's a little harsh to Guild
Just a little

Reactions: 3 people

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: 6 people

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Guilds twin.

Because Guild plays CoD and dislikes Vanquish?
He hates anything Nintendo.
That's not accurate at all.
Are you implying that the guy only likes 1st person shooter games by putting those two at the end for comparison? Do you have any comparable scores from similar games?
I'm not implying anything, I merely presented some of his old reviews. And there are no similar games to Uprising...

Reactions: 4 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guilds twin.

Games on Midna's list I played:
  • Vanquish
  • Assassin's Creed 2
Games on Midna's list I did not play:
  • Mario Kart 7
  • CoD MW3
  • Killzone 3
'Kay.

EDIT: And an 83 Metascore is not the glorious 10/10 everyone was expecting.

I'm more outraged at the Assassin's Creed 2 thing. 3/10? You shittin' me? Vanquish is also an outrage. I'd accept a 7/10 AT THE LOWEST but 5/10 on a TPS game that really went streets ahead of other TPS games is rather remarkable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup