Gaming Despite the lack of 3rd Party Support it still has some pretty good ones

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So...

• Assassin's Creed III sucked, even on a good console. Plus I don't think the Wii U version got any of the DLC anyway
  • Child of Light is just some eShop game.
  • Cabela's Dangerous Hunt? Really? There's not even straws to grasp there.
  • Did One Piece even get localized? Does anyone care?
  • Don't care about Need for Speed.
  • Blacklist kinda came out and no one cared about it.
I am really no benchmark (Is this the right word?) for this, but this is really a list where I see even more why I do not buy any more WiiU games.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I am really no benchmark (Is this the right word?) for this, but this is really a list where I see even more why I do not buy any more WiiU games.
Maybe the word you're looking for is judge? Either way, I agree with you. Take Nintendo games out of the equation and you're left with mostly crap. Now with even more rumors of the Wii U successor coming up, I'd be very cautious in buying more Wii U games. They'll end up being worthless once the next Nintendo console comes out that likely won't have backwards compatibility. Wii U will stay as that small niche console for the hardcore Nintendo fanboys who buy everything and anything with the N logo on top of it.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you only buy games for the resale value?

I buy video games for the experience of playing said video game. Therefore if I purchase a Wii U game and its an excellent experience, its a great purchase. If money is an issue, it can be sold on after playing it for a decent price.

Most video games are worthless for the next generation (See: every XBOX 360/PS3 game... lol jkjjk).

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I buy video games for the experience of playing said video game. Therefore if I purchase a Wii U game and its an excellent experience, its a great purchase. If money is an issue, it can be sold on after playing it for a decent price.
That's exactly what I do.
Most video games are worthless for the next generation (See: every XBOX 360/PS3 game... lol jkjjk).
PS3 is still getting new games though and is for a lot of people out there still a very decent system to play games on (or watch Netflix), so the second-hand market for PS3 games is healthy. Wii games on the other hand are already worthless despite being compatible with the Wii U.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Do you only buy games for the resale value?

The low print holds it back from being cheap on the Wii U, just take a look at One Piece: Unlimited World Red (reaching as high as £60). I buy the games to play 'em but also to collect and have copies of games with low prints.

Recently I purchased another copy of Kirby's Adventure Wii (£10) but I'm probably going to resell it for £30. :P

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
It ran at what, 2fps?

I have an old PC from 2007 I'me running the game on, and everything seems fine on medium settings (4x AA, 8x Aniso).

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ @ 3.0GHz (Socket AM2+)
8GB RAM (DDR2 800MHz ECC) (but the memory controller on the CPU can only see 2GB per stick, for a total of 4GB which sucks, I only have 2 RAM slots)
Some shitty Gigabyte motherboard, Mini-ATX with PCIe 16x 2.0, and only 2 SATA II plugs, no USB 3.0 for me, sadly.
Nvidia GTS 450 1GB (GF106, internal name) developer card my stepdad gave me from Nvidia labs, where he works and tests mid-range cards.
Some shitty 550 watt PSU, ready to die from overload any day now.
Two 7200 RPM SATA harddrives by Seagate, purchased nearly 10 years ago, and still working flawless, although a bit slow and featureless by today's standards. (No NCQ, No perpendicular recording, etc...)

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have an old PC from 2007 I'me running the game on, and everything seems fine on medium settings (4x AA, 8x Aniso).
Good for you, I was specifically talking about the Wii U version though (seeing as this thread is about 3rd party Wii U games), which ran at a constant ~20-25fps and dips to even 15fps. It's a horrible port. I haven't played the game on PC, though I can imagine it running much better on a PC making for a better overall experience. Assasin's Creed III on Wii U is crap at best, though.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Good for you, I was specifically talking about the Wii U version though (seeing as this thread is about 3rd party Wii U games), which ran at a constant ~20-25fps and dips to even 15fps. It's a horrible port. I haven't played the game on PC, though I can imagine it running much better on a PC making for a better overall experience. Assasin's Creed III on Wii U is crap at best, though.

The only time when I noticed AC3 on Wii U running like crap was on the final of sequence three's stage where the horse race had really awful low framerate, otherwise the rest seemed fine to me.

Plus, you knowingly know that Watch Dogs on the Wii U runs as low as 14fps so it's not a port you'd be interested in anyway.

Gruntzer

Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Regretting my wiiu purchase by the day, this is my first Nintendo home console.
All the fanboy reviews really tricked me into buying, console is exclusively made for fanboys only.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Regretting my wiiu purchase by the day, this is my first Nintendo home console.
All the fanboy reviews really tricked me into buying, console is exclusively made for fanboys only.
At least you read reviews. I swear I'm not lying, but I bought a Wii U when Wii Party U launched in Japan and it was reported how it caused a 100K spike in sales in Japan. :D Yeah, Wii Party U is why I have a Wii U today. (Suits me to get screwed.)

Reactions: Gruntzer

goodbytes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really care about 3rd party titles, i have a PC for that, though i must say i rarely use my PC for gaming because the Wii U games are just so much more fun.

The only 3rd party game i own is Bayonetta 2 and I don't like it, i dunno, it's just too weird for me i struggle to see where it's going, the art direction and combat was great but could never get my head around what i was doing so i lost interest.

I guess it really depends how much you game over all, for me it's just a couple of times a week so it can take me months to get through something like new super mario bros... throughout the entire lifetime of my console i'll probably just about get though all of the 1st party games.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
I can understand regretting the purchase in 2-3 years once the XBOX1/Ps4 library expand but at the moment, I really struggle to see what the other consoles are offering RIGHT now other than shadow of mordor and dragon age inquisition.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I can understand regretting the purchase in 2-3 years once the XBOX1/Ps4 library expand but at the moment, I really struggle to see what the other consoles are offering RIGHT now other than shadow of mordor and dragon age inquisition.

If you buy a PS4 right at this very moment, I don't think there's much going on for it. However when you look at the release schedule for 2015, it becomes painfully apparent how many great games are coming very soon. For Wii U, unless you love Nintendo, there's little coming in 2015. I'm not even sure if Zelda will have mainstream appeal. Xenoblade X maybe more so, but still.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The real question is why no one is talking about Rayman Legends or ZombiU.

Rayman Legends is better on 360/PS3/PS4/PC/XO because it gives a traditional platforming gameplay whereas on Vita/Wii U you're gonna have a hell of a time with the gimmicky controls.

I did enjoy playing Rayman with the Mario costume, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool