Homebrew DeSmuME Wii - DS Emulator for Wii in development.

KTurbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So...
Gamecube standard control + wiimote point?
Classic controler + wiimote point?

Would turn out awsome, can't wait.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I think it's useful for the not ds owners...
And when it supports multipile games loading i say
yay.gif

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one cannot describe, the uselessness of a screenshot of a game selection screen. It could be fake and vaporware. If you're going to post a screen (not you, but the dev), then it should be video of gameplay or something. anything but...that thing.

But I'm very excited about this project and can't wait to use it!
gbasp.gif

edit
Dev said:
Update: Just realized that (as revealed in comments) this is only a teaser of the GUI, or rather a photo shop cleaned up version of it. The only thing photo shopped in is the game case art which will eventually be put into the real GUI. There are also a few things in the GUI now that aren't in the image.
Update 2: Please please please don't ask for a release date. We can't possibly even estimate one at the moment for fear of inevitably breaking it. Please understand that this is really, really, hard stuff.
Just beginning development, why announce it? If it's no where near ready. To get hits on your web page? To feel famous?
You don't announce something way too early, and then complain about people wondering when it will be done. That is just an irresponsible dev.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
killplaystation said:
one cannot describe, the uselessness of a screenshot of a game selection screen. It could be fake and vaporware. If you're going to post a screen (not you, but the dev), then it should be video of gameplay or something. anything but...that thing.

[...]

Just beginning development, why announce it? If it's no where near ready. To get hits on your web page? To feel famous?
You don't announce something way too early, and then complain about people wondering when it will be done. That is just an irresponsible dev.
I agree, anyone who makes a fake announcement is a jackass.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
as a community, lets try to keep the hype on this project to a minimum until its released (even though it sounds awesome!). I only say this because I don't think any of us want a repeat of the reggie drama (ie. reggie was being promoted like crazy despite not having a public release, and as a result there was a flame war)

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
I was talking with him about getting it to stream DS input commands via DS homebrew, so it would essentially be DS on full screen television. Don’t know if he’s going to go through with it or not.

night_chrono

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there was already a DS emulator on wii. It only emulated the top screen so only a handful of games worked.

Is this one a continuation of that project? Will it use both screens?

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
killplaystation said:

Maybe, because these things aren't easy, to get some help from some of the few people who can, I'm sure a lot of them wouldn't want to tackle the whole project but will be happy to supply the odd patch.

If you read a bit you'll see Arikado seems concerned about people hyping this himself, but how this community gets when things take a while is the communities problem, not the devs.

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know what's wrong with everyone else... But I look forward to this and hope for REGULAR updates!
smile.gif

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
My concern is how feasible is something like that?
I hold my breath like everyone else but I can't keep thinking myself how difficult is to achieve a working DS emulator for the Wii.After almost 2 years and we have a Beta for N64 with a lot of compatibility issues and this came from a very skilled and talented team.
My best scenario is that someday we will have a 10fps DS emulator with very limited compatibility and a lot of glitches,alas...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.