Homebrew DeSmuME Wii - DS Emulator for Wii in development.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^ If it makes you happy, I say go for it. Maybe you could make WiiPSP, it would be more thread appropriate
laugh.gif
. I was going for the truly ridiculous...

elimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Have heard that there is an arm9 in the ATi Hollywood graphics chip used in the Wii. The ds also has an arm9 so i wonder if that can be used...
edit: i think its an arm9e

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mysticwaterfall said:
I would like to announce this new project of mine in the same manner as WiiDS:

wii360.jpg

If it doesn't turn out to be vaporware, WiiDS could potentially be great, I've thought for a while that DS games would play perfectly on the Wii with the Wiimote as the main controller and then classic if needed. But I have to agree that this was probably the worst way possible to announce it, as anybody can make a menu.

WOW. Looks GREAT. What a coincidence too, I'm working on a PS3 emulator, so soon the Wii will be able to run all 3!
Check it out!
1zybw2f.png

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gameking66 said:
mysticwaterfall said:

wii360.jpg

If it doesn't turn out to be vaporware, WiiDS could potentially be great, I've thought for a while that DS games would play perfectly on the Wii with the Wiimote as the main controller and then classic if needed. But I have to agree that this was probably the worst way possible to announce it, as anybody can make a menu.

WOW. Looks GREAT. What a coincidence too, I'm working on a PS3 emulator, so soon the Wii will be able to run all 3!
Check it out!
1zybw2f.png

I can't wait to see you jackasses have your balls finally drop if this is actually true and gets released.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crwys said:
gameking66 said:
mysticwaterfall said:

wii360.jpg

Check it out!
1zybw2f.png

I can't wait to see you jackasses have your balls finally drop if this is actually true and gets released.

Sense of Humor. Get some.

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KTurbo said:
Classic controler + wiimote point?

I think it would involve taping the Wii Remote to the underside of the Classic Controller. Who's in on this?

killplaystation said:
Just beginning development, why announce it? If it's no where near ready. To get hits on your web page? To feel famous?

Why would you criticize someone about showing what they're working on? To feel though? To have everyone laugh at the author?

bandersnatch said:
supersonic5000 said:
This sounds awesome! But at the same time useless...

....if you have a DS.

...or No$Zoomer in conjunction with those Wii Remote to PC thingies.

QUOTE(metroid4life14 @ Mar 25 2010, 11:53 AM)
wow, this looks amazing. Any chance for dsiware?

Nope. At least, maybe not for a LONG time.
This shows the NDS ROMS. The DSiWare ROMs might not run due to the fact that...
Wait a second...
Will this require a NDS BIOS you think?
ANYways...
...due to the fact that they're encrypted, and, like I stated above, definitly won't run if it required a NDS BIOS. It might with a NDSi BIOS.
Then again, I've never heard/seen one before.

Bumpman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[BnC said:
MissingNo.]

...due to the fact that they're encrypted, and, like I stated above, definitly won't run if it required a NDS BIOS. It might with a NDSi BIOS.
Then again, I've never heard/seen one before.
You would probably need the DSi system software and whatever else the DSi needs to run wiiware games.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm happy to see this emulator is in the way, or at least trying.
I always wanted to play my games on a big screen, even with the real DS as input for the pad and touch.
(I still have a phat DS, and sometime the luminosity is not that great, so TV screen would be welcome)

Even if it will only play homebrews or if it has not enough power for retails games, I don't care. The idea is great.

I wish great luck to this project and to the developers working on it
yaywii.gif

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
crwys said:
Sense of respect. Get some.
I actually do have a sense of humor and it is not sick like yours.
Huh? Making an obviously fake "screenshot" of a 360 emulator for the Wii is sick? Guess you haven't been on the Internet very long if you think that's a sick sense of humor.
wink.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember a while back there was a video of some guy using a DS emulator on the Wii. It seemed pretty legit. CBA to find it, though. As per controls, it'd probably be something like this...

> Touchscreen: Point/touch with A
> D-Pad for movement
> C/Z/1/2 for ABXY pad
> + and - for shoulder buttons
> B for Select

There would still be no mic support unless they are able to use WiiSpeak or something. Odds are this type of thing would work on very touch screen light or touch screen non-existent games like Pokemon. That was the game in the video I mentioned.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried to compile the latest build r49 (which says video is working !
tongue.gif
)

I installed libOGC librairies included in the download tab.
devkitppc 19
libOGC 1.8.1 ? (don't remember if reinstalled manually)
then I got this error :

Code:
GPU_osd.cpp
In file included from f:/Homebrew/Wii/desmumewii/source/src/GPU.h:34,
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ from f:/Homebrew/Wii/desmumewii/source/src/GPU_osd.cpp:25:
f:/Homebrew/Wii/desmumewii/source/src/MMU.h: In member function 'void TRegister_32::write(int, u32, u32)':
f:/Homebrew/Wii/desmumewii/source/src/MMU.h:90: warning: unused variable 'baseaddr'
f:/Homebrew/Wii/desmumewii/source/src/MMU.h: In member function 'u32 TRegister_32::read(int, u32)':
f:/Homebrew/Wii/desmumewii/source/src/MMU.h:108: warning: unused variable 'baseaddr'
In file included from f:/Homebrew/Wii/desmumewii/source/src/GPU_osd.cpp:36:
f:/Homebrew/Wii/desmumewii/source/src/movie.h: At global scope:
f:/Homebrew/Wii/desmumewii/source/src/movie.h:23: error: 'wstring' is not a member of 'std'
f:/Homebrew/Wii/desmumewii/source/src/movie.h:23: error: 'wstring' is not a member of 'std'
f:/Homebrew/Wii/desmumewii/source/src/movie.h:23: error: template argument 1 is invalid
f:/Homebrew/Wii/desmumewii/source/src/movie.h:23: error: template argument 2 is invalid
f:/Homebrew/Wii/desmumewii/source/src/movie.h:126: error: 'wstring' is not a member of 'std'
f:/Homebrew/Wii/desmumewii/source/src/movie.h:126: error: 'wstring' is not a member of 'std'
f:/Homebrew/Wii/desmumewii/source/src/movie.h:126: error: template argument 1 isinvalid
f:/Homebrew/Wii/desmumewii/source/src/movie.h:126: error: template argument 2 isinvalid
f:/Homebrew/Wii/desmumewii/source/src/movie.h:195: error: 'std::wstring' has notbeen declared
make[1]: *** [GPU_osd.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

I tested to reverted OGLRender.cpp back to rev47 as stated in r48 comment, but still got the same error.

Is there a specific libOGC base version to use ?
Anyone tried to compile it ?
smile.gif

I tried to compile a previous version to see which one is working, but movie.h is the same. since rev23.
I got no revision to compile without errors.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Guild McCommunist said:
I remember a while back there was a video of some guy using a DS emulator on the Wii. It seemed pretty legit. CBA to find it, though.

The Video was released on the 1. April by Linkinworm (Wanins Tester and Music Creator), but I thought it was fake (although I hoped it wouldn't be a fake
tongue.gif
).
Anyways, I trust Arikado more, even because this wasn't released on the 1. April. And he's been working pretty long already on it, see his blog. I would love to have an DS-Emu for the Wii, bigger Screen, and my DS is pretty f*cked up already, and I won't buy a new one. This would come very handy...

Though, I have to agree that an SDL-Port may not be fast enough...let's see how it looks when (if?) they can get it to run a game...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte