Tutorial  Updated

DeSmuME WiFi with WLAN using Hamachi (NO VIRTUAL BOX)

I feel I'm a bit late, considering how long it's been since people have made their emulators WiFi capable, but I decided to make a tutorial on how to connect your DeSmuME to the AltWFC server with a wireless connection without a virtual box. It seems this hasn't been done before, even though the Chinese have known about this for years.

Relevant links for this tutorial:

Hamachi: https://www.vpn.net/

AltWFC: https://github.com/polaris-/dwc_netwo...

DeSmuME with WiFi and other utilities (bios and firmware not included):
http://puu.sh/qjMiX/3dc9c56666.rar

Video:

Sorry for my English, I'm German ;-;

Step by step instructions:

1. Install WinPcap 4.1.2

2. Download a DeSmuME version with WiFi capable bios files and a firmware (This and WinPcap are included in the package)

3. Download Hamachi and install it (NOTE: You don't have to use Hamachi, you have a lot of alternatives for this. Anything that acts as a virtual LAN device will work.)

4 Go to your Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center -> Change adapter settings

5. Right click your Wireless Device -> Properties -> Sharing tab and select Hamachi as your Home networking connection and tick the box "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection"

6. Get the DHCP server address of your wireless device by opening your command prompt and typing "ipconfig /all" (It should be something like 192.168.X.1)

7. Right click the Hamachi network device -> Properties -> IPv4 properties

8. Select "Use the following IP address:"
- For IP address and your default gateway put in your DHCP server address you got earlier
- Leave the Subnet mask at 255.255.255.0

9. Type in the Google DNS bellow (Preferred 8.8.8.8, Alternate 8.8.4.4)

10. Click OK and open DeSmuME

11. Go to Config -> Emulation settings and select the biosnds7 for ARM7, biosnds9 for ARM9, and the firmware for the Firmware

12. Go to Config -> Wifi settings and select Infrastructure and pick Hamachi from drop-down menu

13. Open your ROM (MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PATCHED IT WITH WfcPatcher.exe OR YOU'RE USING AN AR CODE)

14. Go to "Nintendo WiFi Connection Setup"

15. Edit your settings and put:
  • SSID - SoftAP
  • Auto-obtain IP Address - No
  • IP Address - [The DHCP server address of your Wireless device and +10 on the last three digits, e.g. 192.168.0.1 -> 192.168.0.11]
  • Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0
  • Gateway - [The DHCP address of your Wireless device]
  • Auto-obtain DNS - No
  • Primary and Secondary DNS - 104.131.93.87

16. Save and test connection

17. If it works, reload your ROM and enjoy, you're done :)

Let me know if this was helpful or if I forgot anything.

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Fixed Hamachi link -rp

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It is a nice tutorial, but it is against the rules on GBATemp to link to BIOS or firmware because they are copyrighted files.

I suggest creating and uploading a new RAR file without them for linking to the files for this tutorial.

Last edited by I pwned U!,

pacemakzer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've fixed your link for Hamachi, you were linking to Softonic which notoriously bundles malware and viruses along with the stuff you download.
Oh what, really? I didn't actually download it from there, because I already had it. It was the first result that popped up in Google so I just took that. Thank you :D

shadowvz96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey pacemakzer. I like your tutorial but i can't seem to get set up properly. please help. thanks man! i get stuck at choosing hamachi as a bridge adapter in wifi settings.

Louis Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I followed everything exactly, but when i go to Desmume's WiFi setting to select Hamachi, it isn't there? Instead, there are three times "Windows" in the selection list. What's wrong?

gengardenne

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Redone the process always locked at that point on desmume.
From controll pannell it tell me the web is not knew.Maybe is this the problem?
Also if I've done all perfectly ...

Jay_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone figured out how to do this on windows 10? I've followed all the steps and tried both Hamachi & Windows Loopback Adapter but still no success.

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried this, first I was able to configure the connection, but I could not connect to the Pokémon SoulSilver and Diamond, so i restart my computer and now i can't configure SoftAP again ( Error Code 52100, 52000 or 20100 ) ( I noticed that FATAL Bad Memory Block is always on, is this normal? )

Now i use ''Internet Via Radio ( I don't know if '' via radio '' has any translation ) and my PC is connect to a TP-Link router via cable, but i still can't configure DeSmume to play online, somebody can help ?

PS : Sorry for my english, Brazilian here.

PS: I Use Windows 10 and Win10PCap, on Wireless/WiFi

I had successfully set up SoftAP in both Diamond and SoulSilver but I had not been able to connect in either game, I rebooted the computer and could not configure it, it always gave error
now that I'm using the internet connected on the computer directly to the cable connecting the router to the computer I still can not connect DeSmume Online

[EDIT]
I do not know if that counts for anything, but I noticed that the default gateway in IPv4 properties of Hamachi always goes away when I try to use DeSmume

Last edited by Moon164,

soup1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my dhcp server doesnt fit in the ip address if i add 10 the last 3 numbers are 254 and 264 doesnt work

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
my dhcp server doesnt fit in the ip address if i add 10 the last 3 numbers are 254 and 264 doesnt work
Probably use any IP that isn't being used at the moment, something like 192.168.0.100 or something and you'll be ok. IP addresses cap at 255, but the usable range is usually between 2 and 254.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: 3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a...