Demon's Souls Going Offline End Of May

Discussion in 'PS3 - Games & Content' started by MakiManPR, Apr 12, 2012.

Apr 12, 2012
    • Banned

MakiManPR Banned!

Message Count:
    Puerto Rico
    Source

Personally I just bought the game(a week ago). Bad news for me. :'(
    • Global Moderator

TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

Message Count:
    United States
    It's still a decent game offline, though. In fact I preferred offline when I played it.

elgarta New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I got this back before I was able to setup the ps3 online in my house and did not even know about the online play. I might need to give it a go before it's gone
    • Reporter

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Message Count:
    Finland
    It was bound to happen, but still I don't like it.. Online is in many cases the only thing keeping a game going :I

Nathan Drake Oh no you didn't *snap snap snap*

Message Count:
    United States
    The beauty of Demon's Souls is that it was a game built around a feeling of isolation, and being alone against impossible odds. Having played the game quite a bit, I can confidently say that the loss of online will not hurt this game, though, it'll make the fight the Monk, I believe it was, a bit less exciting. The fight is significantly easier when it's a generic game black phantom vs an actual player. That's the only part of the game I see as truly taking a hit though. If anything, it will be a bit of a reprieve to not be invaded by black phantoms that lag to hell and kill you, or useless blue phantoms that don't help you one bit.

DJPlace BREAKING NEWS!! i don't give a ****!!

Message Count:
    United States
    i tried this game and i never cared for it.... too hard... and it's such a shame that company's like this are killing games like this so soon... i'll just wait until the ps3 is dead before cutting it off.
    • Banned

prowler Banned!

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Demon's Souls has been out since 2009 and Dark Souls is still going to be online...

Message Count:
    United States
    oh yeah i forget games that are 3 or 4 years old online die so often. sucks for the poor people who can't afford dark souls through...
    • Banned

prowler Banned!

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    if they can afford an internet connection and ps3, i'm sure they can get dark souls.

Message Count:
    United States
    good point.

10_0ARMY THE *Original* 1 Man Army

Message Count:
    United States
    ...but not all people care to buy games when they come out but wait a while to buy them. The game is only 3 years old, which isn't that old. Personally, I'd be pissed if I got a game on a current console and learned it had part of its functionality taking away...maybe though this game isn't that popular and that's why they are taking down its servers, to save money and all...
    • Newcomer

SilentSinr New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I didn't really ever play it online so it doesn't really bother me at all. I always found it annoying when other players would invade anyways lol

DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Message Count:
    Norway
    The best part of online play is the attempt of a random person you never know invading you and killing you in all this isolation. In fact i think the part that hurt the game the most is co-op. The game is a faceroll in co-op.

cosmiccow Original Hippie

Message Count:
    Germany
    Good news everyone!
    The multiplayer servers will stay online for now.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/5/25/3043759/demons-souls-may-31st-server-shutdown-canceled
    http://www.co-optimus.com/article/8312/the-demon-s-souls-servers-have-revived.html

I started this game only 2 weeks ago and began to love it. The writings on the floor from other players have helped me a lots of times. So seeing they will still be there is kind of a relief. (Or not. *fears the black phantoms*)

By the way I think the European servers were never announced to shut down. They are run by Namco-Bandai, not Atlus.

clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

Message Count:
    United States
    You are right the European servers would still be up, I believe only the US servers were getting shut down.

Deltaechoe The Dopefish

Message Count:
    United States
    Meh, I finished this game ages ago along with buying 2 new ps3 controllers (yes it can be that frustrating)

Message Count:
    Germany
    Heh. I don't actually find it very frustrating. Just hard. OK, I have to admit I looked up some bosses in the wiki, to see what they're weak against. And I'm not that far yet, I think... Level 29.. slain a few demons but no archdemon yet.

I just realized I am playing the US import version. So probably I'm on the North American servers and not European...

Does anybody know if the saves work across regions? Guess I would have to start over if I buy a European version of the game.

clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

Message Count:
    United States
    I do not think the save will work on different region copies; at least it did not when I bought Rayman Origins off the UK store; my original US save did not work with the PAL digital copy I got.

Deltaechoe The Dopefish

Message Count:
    United States
    Different regions have different game identification data so the saves for one id won't work for the other id

Message Count:
    Germany
    Thanks. Thought so.
    But all is good for now, since all servers are up. Yay.

Right now everything has White World Tendency for Memorial Day. So you could just try to tackle some boss that was too hard before.

SPONSORED LINKS