Hacking Dedicated Wii Partition

Whoovian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you need a dedicated partition for running wii games? Or is it possible to have a wbfs folder in a partition with other files/folders? I could only get wiiflow or usb loader gx to recognize games if I split my partition into two parts and placed the games in the empty partition.

momocop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games (NTFS or WBFS format) must be placed in the Primary Partition if the Hard Drive is being partitioned. Use EaseUS Partition Manager, makes life much easier.

yafaiz

Old Salt
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just format your HDD in NTFS, use HDD/wbfs/game name [gamecode]/gamecode.wbfs to place your games.
Then you can use that same HDD to have anything else you like on it outside the wbfs folder.

twiddler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you need a dedicated partition for running wii games? Or is it possible to have a wbfs folder in a partition with other files/folders? I could only get wiiflow or usb loader gx to recognize games if I split my partition into two parts and placed the games in the empty partition.

Format your drive as FAT32, then put your WBFS folder on it. I use FAT32 because GC games and othe emulators require it.

yafaiz

Old Salt
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Although using fat32 will not like games above 4gb, you will have to split them using Wii Backup Manager.
Both methods are good.

-------Just a FYI-------

Whoovian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just format your HDD in NTFS, use HDD/wbfs/game name [gamecode]/gamecode.wbfs to place your games.
Then you can use that same HDD to have anything else you like on it outside the wbfs folder.

I have tried this. Currently I have two partitions on my external hard drive, my main partition for files and such, and one for wii games. The wii partition was previously formatted with wbfs manager, but I have since formatted it to NTFS. I have tried placing games in each partition as /wbfs/game name[gamecode] but usb loader gx will only read off of the partition that only has the wii games on it. They are the exact same games and in the same place, but the regular partition has other files in it. I can only get the loader to see the games if those are the only files I have there.

yafaiz

Old Salt
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's best to only have 1 partition on the HDD for better compatibility.

Copy everything across to your PC and make only 1 partition on the hdd of NTFS format.
Put the wbfs folder on that along with anything else you want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s