Hacking Decided to buy one/More questions

grifterb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know I have already opened a thread but I'm still trying to get as many answers as possible. Since the X360 scene is a bit slow, I'm going to ask away here. I'm going to copy paste my topic from the scene:

I finally decided to get an X360. Like I have mentioned before I want to fully benefit from the backwards compatibility and be able to play xbox live arcade games (high definition ports of rare's n64 titles were a great addidition, such as perfect dark and banjo kazooie) and of course I want to run the entire X360 library.

I know that I should not get an X360 arcade, since they cannot run original xbox titles.

I've seen a good deal online. Description says:

X360 Slim (Black), Jtagged with 250gb hdd.

Now I don't know the differences between jtag and rgh. What I know is only jtag consoles are avaialble around here.

Do you use dvds to run any of the X360 or original Xbox games, or do you run them all from an internal hdd with jtag?

Are there multiple ways to get Original Xbox titles to work? I see that there are normal isos as well as different kinds of rips of Original Xbox titles. Which ones provide the best compatibility?

Pardon my language, but I saw a **** ton of compatibility issues with the original xbox backwards compatibility list? Do they occur that often, or are they rather rare? I heard that Microsoft came close to perfection with small updates (for their list of compatbile games I mean). I've also seen flawless youtube gameplays (xbox games on x360s) and got in touch with the users themselves who claim that you can get %99-100 perfection from the games on the list. Is this true?

Do you know any other exclusive titles that are not on the compatibility list but run perfect?

Should I buy this X360?

I'd be very happy if you could try and answer all my questions.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Still working on obtaining the games you listed.
Me internet is unstable and slow so can't speed it up really.

Slims can't be JTAGged, only RGH'd.
It's a different hack but they achieve the same thing, which is executing unsigned code.
And yes, every 360 can run original Xbox titles.
As long as you have an internal Harddrive WITH the compatibility partition.

Best is to run everything from the internal HDD.
Not only more convenient, it'll also save you noise from the DVD drive.
Ofcourse, legit games still work perfectly fine.

Only way to make them execute (and I think I told you before..) is to extract them using Qwix and copying them to your internal HDD.
Then you can execute them with Freestyle dash.

It's emulation.
It'll never be perfect, especially on a 360.
But there's a lot of games that come close to perfect gameplay.
Ofcourse you'll have occasional hiccups etc.

Hacked emulator runs a couple more but it's not much.

If you really really want perfect playback of old Xbox titles, I'd suggest importing an old Xbox.
Yes I know this will cost a lot due to customs.
It still is emulation and it'll never be perfect.

grifterb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know I'll have occasional hicups, but will they render the games unplayable? I mean most games themselves on previous generations had suffered from glitches and framerate issues. I want to know if they are minor enough that I can play the games without caring about them.

I hear a lot of ranting on the internet, however many of the videos I watched on youtube prove otherwise. Since there is no definitive list on the compatiility list, I need to hear the truth from an experienced user(In this case I'm assuming it is you). I only care about the exclusive titles, rest is unimportant. Will I be able to play the famous Xbox exclusives without major problems? That, my friend is the question.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
No they'll continue to work.
Their minor indeed
Laggy videos mostly, unsynced audio.

MS made sure that the most popular titles where playable indeed.
I'm still working on your list btw ;]
got half of it obtained

grifterb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I found one for a reasonable price. The thing is the seller says it is JTAGged. Now I now that it is not, since as you have mentioned slims can only be rghed. Anyway, all sellers call rgh consoles jtagged, so it shouldn't be a big deal around here. According to the description:

X360 Slim 250gb
Jtagged, you can use external drives and the internal hdd, you don't have to use dvds. No region lock.
20 games will be installed from popular titles.

I don't exactly know if jtag/rgh is a softmod or hardmod or if there are any different versions of it. I mean does the loading times differ from one rgh to another rgh? Is there a significant quality difference? Can I absolutely play xbox arcade games (downloadble titles), rips of retail games, xbox1 originals (and isos of xbox1 games) and all dlc with all versions of the rgh.

Is there something that I should be extra careful with? I'll be buying the product for christmas and I really need the confirmation.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Selling trick.
JTAG and RGH achieve the same thing, executing arbitrary code.

It's a hardmod and no, the mod stays the same.
No, loading times are the same for the internal drive.
Yes, every 360 game/DLC/XBLA is executable.
No, you'll need to extract your ISO's and Xbox 1 ISO's
With Xbox image browser and Qwix.

Your temperatures.
Just set the fans to 70% in FSD.

grifterb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What is FSD? Do I set the fans to 70% with a software or something? Because I don't think I'm qualified enough to mess with the hardware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: