Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
So, I was casually browsing GBAtemp, and suddenly this pops up:
upload_2017-10-6_13-29-3.png

What We Know
This error only appears on the normal desktop version of Chrome.
This happens on Windows, Linux, and Mac
All of FileTrip is blocked because of "phishing"
FileTrip results are omitted from Google search, but not other search engines
GBAtemp.net only gets this warning on specific posts, such as the "Starfox 2 already dumped, and it sucks" thread.

Last edited by PrincessLillie,

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ain't nobody got time to look through the entire thread. I barely have time to finis
xD hahaha! 10/10

One thought I've had :
When coming into a thread with a signature image uploaded to filetrip, I got the red screen and it warned about filetrip (not gbatemp). Now, if it would be ads that were deceptive, shouldn't it warn for whatever server that ad is hosted on instead?
Or is it fine to host deceptive ads, as long as it's only others who show them?

Hmm...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
xD hahaha! 10/10

One thought I've had :
When coming into a thread with a signature image uploaded to filetrip, I got the red screen and it warned about filetrip (not gbatemp). Now, if it would be ads that were deceptive, shouldn't it warn for whatever server that ad is hosted on instead?
Or is it fine to host deceptive ads, as long as it's only others who show them?

Hmm...
I was actually testing to see my signature was the issue. I decided to upload it to imgur instead and made this thread, in an attempt to test that. I heard back from one person, but I was hoping more would start commenting on that thread to see if they got an error on a new thread of mine using a different host.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I was actually testing to see my signature was the issue. I decided to upload it to imgur instead and made this thread, in an attempt to test that. I heard back from one person, but I was hoping more would start commenting on that thread to see if they got an error on a new thread of mine using a different host.
I saw in another thread that that was the case. Go into a gbatemp thread, red screen warning about filetrip, go in anyway and check source code, only occurrence of filetrip was a signature.

I'll check your thread on my computer in a moment!

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I saw in another thread that that was the case. Go into a gbatemp thread, red screen warning about filetrip, go in anyway and check source code, only occurrence of filetrip was a signature.

I am still rather confused as to why Costello and I both aren't having this issue.
Cool! ^-^ Please leave a comment with your results. I am wondering anyone still having an issue with this thread is just a cache issue or not.

D

Deleted User

I am still rather confused as to why Costello and I both aren't having this issue.
Cool! ^-^ Please leave a comment with your results. I am wondering anyone still having an issue with this thread is just a cache issue or not.
It might be a windows issues, maybe something isn't parsing correctly on the SSL check, maybe certs. If so, that could be a problem.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I haven't gotten once any of those "deceptive site ahead" warnings

Neither in one of the 2 computers and a virtual machine I use for coding

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

I have officially "tainted" that thread with an image from filetrip. So it should give an error when going back to that thread.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sure did taint it! Red screen now!
Nice! My experiment worked!
Right, so this is very clearly an issue with filetrip and doesn't effect everyone. It's also an issue that carries over to other sites when filetrip links are present on the site.
This is quite the pickle, but something I will unfortunately have to leave to Costello to figure out. At least I was able to narrow down the issue here on the Temp by confirming the connection that the issue was my signature.

Last edited by The Catboy,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn filestrip ads :rolleyes: Certain threads and Filetrip downloads are triggering it big time now, I'm baffled, who or what the deuce flagged it in the first place? Google, I love your browser and YouTube, but you sometimes make dumbass decisions.

gbatemp is a virus.

Nah, just the 3DS hacking section.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, I was casually browsing GBAtemp, and suddenly this pops up:
View attachment 101808

What We Know
This error only appears on the normal desktop version of Chrome.
This happens on Windows, Linux, and Mac
All of FileTrip is blocked because of "phishing"
FileTrip results are omitted from Google search, but not other search engines
GBAtemp.net only gets this warning on specific posts, such as the "Starfox 2 already dumped, and it sucks" thread.
FileTrip is also blocked on Firefox, except it doesn't seem to affect GBAtemp pages that link to it.
I suggest everyone report it as a false positive like I did. There's not much else you can do.

D

Deleted-355425

If filetrip is used for hosting pirated files etc then of course its going to get flagged and blocked.

D

Deleted User

Lilith hosts her sig pic on FileTrip. Any thread she posts in will bring the red warning screen of doom lol
upload_2017-10-7_21-47-8.png

Lillith signature and no error on 4th page. Weird. It's a random error or something?
Oh i just noticed that chrome hidden the "Dangerous" symbol. no https, lame.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi