Misc [DECEMBER] GBATemp Pokemon ORAS Tournament

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added, and do you mean the ORAS pokedex ?

When ORAS links with XY, new Items and moves that was not available in XY are not usable by the ORAS player. so if i have a team with Mega beedrill, i cant use the beedrill megastone. (but i am not too sure if it means i can still battle but just cant mega, or if i need to remove the item before i can use beedrill.) i do know if you attempt to link with someone it warns you that they are using XY before proceeding.

Also I got my team finished last night and was doing some test battles on battle spot. it was actually planned for doubles this time, and not just my singles pokemon mashed into a doubles team.

Reactions: breaktemp

breaktemp

D-Sun who was called D-Moon
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
KazoWAR

* hmm, all of my text disappeared *

Thanks for the heads up !!

Well that means that every entrant must have a copy of OR/AS to participate in this tournament.

Also, has anyone found/compiled the list of legal pokemon that can be used in a Flat-Double battle ?

* having a bit of trouble finding it online *

DarkKnightPT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
When ORAS links with XY, new Items and moves that was not available in XY are not usable by the ORAS player. so if i have a team with Mega beedrill, i cant use the beedrill megastone. (but i am not too sure if it means i can still battle but just cant mega, or if i need to remove the item before i can use beedrill.) i do know if you attempt to link with someone it warns you that they are using XY before proceeding.

Also I got my team finished last night and was doing some test battles on battle spot. it was actually planned for doubles this time, and not just my singles pokemon mashed into a doubles team.
you have to remove the megastone from the pokemon or you wont be able to use it in the battle. I've already had this issue while playing online

breaktemp

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Quick reminder everyone, since everyone seems okay with starting the tournament on the 6th (this Saturday)...i'll go ahead as start setting up the brackets.

As I have only just earned my 6th badge...I am unsure what is legal in Double-Flat battles for ORAS.

So, as long as the pokemon in legal for wifi double flat battles...you can use that pokemon on your team.

Luckily, you can get the VS-Recorder earlier in this game...so do make sure you save you battles and share them after the tournament concludes.

Do communicate any questions in this thread (by posting or messaging me)

ßleck

Console Peasant
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah... I'd like to join but there's no way I'll have enough time to put together a decent team. I'll probably join the next tournament, if there is going to be one of course.

breaktemp

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
stanleyshmanley

well, i just got my 6th badge and fly ^_^"

but okay, i'll adjust the brackets.

ßleck

okay, and if no one else is able to host one...i can re-host in January.

also, about to update the OP with the current brackets :

http://challonge.com/dgbat

even though the tournament start date is this Saturday...since the brackets are posted, you are now welcome to start battling and posting your results.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
I might have to cancel my entry, my 3DS has been out of commission and out for repairs and I haven't got too far being unable to play. Maybe a tournament sometime in January would work better for everyone?

breaktemp

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
endoverend

so you are officially dropping out of the tournament ?

i plan on letting this tournament play out, even though we have lost a few people.

stanleyshmanley

sure, you are welcome to start your January sign-ups after this tournament concludes.

* let me know if you need a copy of my OP-Format *

what battle format do you plan to use ?

breaktemp

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
kpanthony

it's all good, I hope you are free to join the next one ^_^"

* i'll post the VS-Recorder Codes once the last few battles conclude, at the end of this week *

EDIT #3

Alright, all of the battles are finished now !!

KazoWAR is our new GBATemp champion.

Finished editing the OP.

Sheimi VS Chaoskiller218

7A7W-WWWW-WWWG-H8L2

6FMW-WWWW-WWWG-H8V3

BUHW-WWWW-WWWG-H97M

KazoWAR VS mrhomiec

58ZG-WWWW-WWWH-AX8A

VJUW-WWWW-WWWH-AXUS

Sheimi VS KazoWAR

MKZG-WWWW-WWWH-A2WV

KUBG-WWWW-WWWH-A22W