Hacking Dear DVD9 users

Roflcopter_Down

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you guys play online or play SSE? If not I don't think the DVD9 has anythnig over the DVD5 and is simply a terrible scene release.

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Using the DVD9, I can play SSE and Online just fine. Just faced two fellow members on GBATemp myself! (gg Kirby Hammer XD)
SSE I'm going to assume will work fine for the remainder of whats left, I just finished the Petey battle and saved.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the DVD9, I can play SSE and Online just fine. Just faced two fellow members on GBATemp myself! (gg Kirby Hammer XD)
SSE I'm going to assume will work fine for the remainder of whats left, I just finished the Petey battle and saved.

Are you talking about random battles or FC battles? The DVD5 version works with FC but on the random online mode you'll either get kicked/error out, or just wait forever for an opponent.

I have a feeling that the online mode not working isn't due to the burn/modchip/region or anything. It's most likely because Nintendo's servers are not only getting mega hammered by the 700,000 legit JAP copies purchased in Japan, but also by the 500,000 illegitimate copies in Japan and the 2,000,000 illegitimate copies trying to connect from other regions of the world.

The same problem happened with Mario Kart DS on the first couple days, the same thing happened with MP:H DS for the first 3 weeks, the same thing happened with Mario Strikers Charged: Football and Mario Strikers Charged on both of their release dates for a few days. Chill out on it, and let Nintendo upgrade/fix their servers.

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, forgot to mention it's friend list only. However, even if you play With Anyone, chances are you'll be paired with 3 people in Japan, meaning major laggage. At least with Friend Codes on GBATemp, you can find people in a more local area.

Roflcopter_Down

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you guys play online or play SSE? If not I don't think the DVD9 has anythnig over the DVD5 and is simply a terrible scene release.

what brand of dvd+r dls are you using?
I'm using some shitty HP DL DVD+R I bought awhile back. That could be my problem but I've seen that other people have the same problem with verbatim discs.

Also: How does SSBB's multiplayer work? Is it P2P or through Nintendo's servers? Either way, I've played some games of Company of Heroes against people in Japan and the latency hasn't been too bad.

edit: If/when I get new DL discs, should I get +R or -R? I will be using these discs for backup 360 games as well, thanks. I've heard to get both so I'm quite unsure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended