Hacking DeadSkullzJr's NDS(i) Cheat Databases

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Ok I'm getting very frustrated with this. I recently got a pre installed 208 game cart from E Bay. The usrcheat was blank with no cheats. So I have to put them on manually. Everyone is saying that I can find a usrcheat.dat file with pre installed cheats and just put it on the RPG and Cheat folder. So I downloaded this one put it on the sd card and it's still blank when I should be seeing cheat codes. I enabled the feature in settings and that did nothing as well... What am I doing wrong here? Is there a extra step I need to do? I really don't want to do this in the cheat editor if one is already made....

why buy a pre installed 208 game cart?

buy a flashcart
buy microsd
put games you want.
???
profit

MagicalWingLT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's more involved then simply dumping the roms onto a SD card. You have to put firmware onto it in order to get it to work on your DS, 3DS, 2DS.... From what I have seen on several YouTube videos....

MagicalWingLT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it working finally but I have some questions on how to use them. I selected them in the settings but do I have to press a few buttons to activate them in the game? Do do it each time I start playing? I'm trying to get the codes to work right for the Sonic Classic Collection. Trying to use the emerald codes but one seems not to work. Getting a emerald when getting a blue ball in the special stages. As soon as I press the buttons which is L and R and I try going through the Giant Ring it just disappears... Instead of taking me to the special stage... The other codes seem to work but this one...

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I'm getting very frustrated with this. I recently got a pre installed 208 game cart from E Bay. The usrcheat was blank with no cheats. So I have to put them on manually. Everyone is saying that I can find a usrcheat.dat file with pre installed cheats and just put it on the RPG and Cheat folder. So I downloaded this one put it on the sd card and it's still blank when I should be seeing cheat codes. I enabled the feature in settings and that did nothing as well... What am I doing wrong here? Is there a extra step I need to do? I really don't want to do this in the cheat editor if one is already made....
That is strange, the 208 game cart may not support cheats properly. Those game carts are technically flashcarts with a microSD card already in it, however their functionality can be questionable at times, especially in cases like this. How much space do you have left on that microSD card? Could you provide some screenshots of whats on the microSD card? I can determine what type of kernel the cart is using and we can go from there.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I got it working finally but I have some questions on how to use them. I selected them in the settings but do I have to press a few buttons to activate them in the game? Do do it each time I start playing? I'm trying to get the codes to work right for the Sonic Classic Collection. Trying to use the emerald codes but one seems not to work. Getting a emerald when getting a blue ball in the special stages. As soon as I press the buttons which is L and R and I try going through the Giant Ring it just disappears... Instead of taking me to the special stage... The other codes seem to work but this one...
Posts just updated on me so disregard the top comment, I will test the cheats for that game. Some flashcarts require one extra step to activate them, did you save what you wanted to use or did you just turn some cheats on and exit?

Reactions: ninjistix

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheat works just fine for me, strange it is acting like that for you.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Major Update!

DeadSkullzJr's Cheat Databases (v1.8) - January 27, 2018
v1.8 - January 27, 2018
1. Added and updated the SCC cheats.
2. Added the DS Phat Backlight Control cheats to each game.
3. Added Anti-Piracy Bypass codes to numerous games.
4. Cleaned up the cheats for numerous games.
5. Added Cheats for the following games:

- 4 Elements (Europe) (B4EP)
- 7 Wonders - Treasures of Seven (USA)
- Animaniacs - Lights, Camera, Action! (Europe) (Rev 1)
- Barbie and the Three Musketeers (Europe) (BB3P)
- Barbie and the Three Musketeers (Europe) (BB3Y)
- Big Time Rush - Backstage Pass (USA)
- Cats and Dogs - The Revenge of Kitty Galore (USA)
- Chronicles of Mystery - Curse of the Ancient Temple (Europe) (Rev 1)
- Crystal Mines (Europe)
- Enchanted (Europe)
- Enchanted (USA)
- Game Hits! (USA)
- Gauntlet (Europe) (Proto)
- Gauntlet (USA) (Proto)
- Giana Sisters DS (USA)
- Heathcliff! - Frantic Foto (USA)
- Littlest Pet Shop 3 - Biggest Stars - Purple Team (Europe)
- Lock's Quest (Europe) (CSPX)
- Mahou ni Kakerarete (Japan)
- March of the Penguins (Europe)
- March of the Penguins (USA)
- Mario Party DS (Japan) (Rev 2)
- Mario Party DS (USA) (Rev 2)
- Max & the Magic Marker (Europe)
- Max & the Magic Marker (USA)
- Meet the Robinsons (Europe)
- Meet the Robinsons (USA)
- Monster High - 13 Wishes (Europe)
- Mr. Bean (Europe)
- New Super Mario Bros. (USA) (Alpha Replica v2.5)
- New Super Mario Bros. (USA) (Classic Adventure Beta v0.1.2)
- New Super Mario Bros. (USA) (Endless Earth Demo v0.03a)
- New Super Mario Bros. (USA) (More Super Mario Bras. 2 v1.1d)
- New Super Mario Bros. (USA) (More Super Mario Bras. B.E. DS v1.4c)
- New Super Mario Bros. (USA) (Super Mario Run DS v2.0)
- Phineas and Ferb - Quest for Cool Stuff (USA)
- Plants vs. Zombies (Europe) (BWBX)
- Pocket Monsters - HeartGold (Japan)
- Pocket Monsters - HeartGold (Korea)
- Pocket Monsters - SoulSilver (Japan)
- Pocket Monsters - SoulSilver (Korea)
- Pokemon - Edicion Oro HeartGold (Spain)
- Pokemon - Edicion Oro HeartGold (Spain) (Light Platinum Christmas English v0.1.4)
- Pokemon - Edicion Oro HeartGold (Spain) (Light Platinum Christmas Spanish v0.1.4)
- Pokemon - Edicion Oro HeartGold (Spain) (Light Platinum English v0.1.5)
- Pokemon - Edicion Plata SoulSilver (Spain)
- Pokemon - Goldene Edition HeartGold (Germany)
- Pokemon - HeartGold Version (Europe) (Rev 10) (Golden Edition v2.6)
- Pokemon - Platinum Version (Europe) (Rev 10)
- Pokemon - Platinum Version (USA)
- Pokemon - Platinum Version (USA) (Bloody Platinum v1.0)
- Pokemon - Platinum Version (USA) (Enhanced Edition v1.5)
- Pokemon - Platinum Version (USA) (Origin Platinum v1.51)
- Pokemon - Platinum Version (USA) (Paradox Platinum Alpha v1.1)
- Pokemon - Platinum Version (USA) (Perfect Platinum GUI v1.0)
- Pokemon - Platinum Version (USA) (Prestigious Platinum Beta v1.1)
- Pokemon - Platinum Version (USA) (Rev 1)
- Pokemon - Platinum Version (USA) (Sol Platinum v2.0)
- Pokemon - Silberne Edition SoulSilver (Germany)
- Pokemon - SoulSilver Version (Europe) (Rev 10) (Golden Edition v2.6)
- Pokemon - Version Argent SoulSilver (France)
- Pokemon - Version Argent SoulSilver (France) (MindCrystal French v3.0.2)
- Pokemon - Version Or HeartGold (France)
- Pokemon - Versione Argento SoulSilver (Italy)
- Pokemon - Versione Oro HeartGold (Italy)
- Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon - Ao no Kyuujotai (Japan) (Rev 1)
- Puzzler World 2013 (Europe)
- The Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks (Europe) (Rev 1)
- ThunderCats (USA)
- TNA Wrestling Impact! - Cross the Line (USA)
- Tsumiki - Block Drop Mania (USA)
- Tsumiki - The Infernal Tower (Europe)
- Tsunde Tsumikiss (Japan)
- Where the Wild Things Are (Europe)
- Where the Wild Things Are (USA)
- Xia-Xia (USA)
- Zhu Zhu Pets - Quest for Zhu (Europe)
Download:
https://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/cheat-files/download-deadskullzjrs-cheat-databases-v1-8-f33707.html

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,

Psycake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey there.

I put in the cheat.dat in the correct folder in my R4i Gold 3DS RTS' microSD card, but I didn't get the "Cheats" option after pressing Y on a ROM.

I tried with usrcheat.dat in the color text folder too, and now I got the "Cheats" option, but doesn't matter how many times I press X or the button, no cheats or other menu appears.

What can I do here? I got latest firmware for my card.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there.

I put in the cheat.dat in the correct folder in my R4i Gold 3DS RTS' microSD card, but I didn't get the "Cheats" option after pressing Y on a ROM.

I tried with usrcheat.dat in the color text folder too, and now I got the "Cheats" option, but doesn't matter how many times I press X or the button, no cheats or other menu appears.

What can I do here? I got latest firmware for my card.
That is strange, did you go into the settings under the "Patches" section and set the AR cheats to "on"?

HrrrPenny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey, I found an old usrcheat.dat whilst searching for Rayder's mega cheat compilation for my R4 Revolution. It has some cheats from games missing in your own, and I'm hoping it'll help with growing the file.

I'm uploading it as a .txt file, because apparently this site doesn't agree with .dat files

Attachments

• USRCHEAT.txt
    4 MB · Views: 463

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I found an old usrcheat.dat whilst searching for Rayder's mega cheat compilation for my R4 Revolution. It has some cheats from games missing in your own, and I'm hoping it'll help with growing the file.

I'm uploading it as a .txt file, because apparently this site doesn't agree with .dat files
I'll look into it, thank you. I recommend you host it on filetrip or something, it will be harder for me to use the text file.

HrrrPenny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry, but, MY GOD I FOUND IT!!! I finally got ahold of the old usrcheat.dat. Turns out, the WayBack Machine has its uses. If you search the old cheats.gbatemp.net on the archive, they still have working download links to all the old cheat files. I'll put it up as a .txt again, just for simplicity's sake (yes, it's just renamed to a .txt, I'm not actually editing the file, sorry for the confusion last time), but if you're looking for others to help in your compilation, that's where to find them.

The file is updated to Pokémon B/W 1, so late 2011. If you download the file from the archive, it has a full list of the games in it. Also, apparently it's so big that the old R4s can't read the cheats for games past the letter T, so that's something to be cautious about.

Attachments

• usrcheat.txt
    8.2 MB · Views: 386
Last edited by HrrrPenny,

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but, MY GOD I FOUND IT!!! I finally got ahold of the old usrcheat.dat. Turns out, the WayBack Machine has its uses. If you search the old cheats.gbatemp.net on the archive, they still have working download links to all the old cheat files. I'll put it up as a .txt again, just for simplicity's sake (yes, it's just renamed to a .txt, I'm not actually editing the file, sorry for the confusion last time), but if you're looking for others to help in your compilation, that's where to find them.

The file is updated to Pokémon B/W 1, so late 2011. If you download the file from the archive, it has a full list of the games in it. Also, apparently it's so big that the old R4s can't read the cheats for games past the letter T, so that's something to be cautious about.
My database already has everything from that usrcheat file already. Mine was based on the official CMP usrcheat database from 2012. Everything in that 2011 database is present in the current versions we have today. The original R4 flashcarts weren't able to read big databases like we can today, this was due to hardware limitations as well as the whole limited SD space requirement issue (2GB). As we speak the Pokémon Black and White cheats are far more expanded than the ones present from 2011 and 2012 all together. Everything you see in those old databases for those games are already present in the current database and then some. Thank you though, I really appreciate you digging through the archives for it.

HrrrPenny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ah, sorry, then. I was under the impression that these were hard to find, as there wasn't really a paper trail leading here seeing as the old site is down. I've been checking usrcheat.dat files by using them on my own R4, and it's come to my attention that it's not showing me cheats for all of the games I have them for.

Kind of annoying, though, as to rectify the issue, I've been trying to upgrade some firmware for nearly an entire day, which has been a right pain.

Again, sorry for potentially wasting your time, and if I do, in fact, find another old cheat.dat I'll make sure to check it first before raising an alarm.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, sorry, then. I was under the impression that these were hard to find, as there wasn't really a paper trail leading here seeing as the old site is down. I've been checking usrcheat.dat files by using them on my own R4, and it's come to my attention that it's not showing me cheats for all of the games I have them for.

Kind of annoying, though, as to rectify the issue, I've been trying to upgrade some firmware for nearly an entire day, which has been a right pain.

Again, sorry for potentially wasting your time, and if I do, in fact, find another old cheat.dat I'll make sure to check it first before raising an alarm.
You are not wasting my time dude, nobody is, I better never EVER hear you say that again (I'm not mad). You only wanted to help me out, there is nothing wrong with that, I appreciate everything you guys have done for me. If it wasn't for everyone's help, I doubt I would have gotten as far as I have currently. Whether the databases you guys find are obsolete or better than what I have here, please post it, my objective is to make this the MOST useful set of databases for everyone to enjoy, to kill the trouble of finding the right databases. I just want to give something for the public to utilize. Regardless of how "obsolete" flashcarts are, I still enjoy using them, it seems I'm not alone either :). I was just stating that everything from that 2011 database was already integrated into the current one I have here :D.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

You are not wasting my time dude, nobody is, I better never EVER hear you say that again (I'm not mad). You only wanted to help me out, there is nothing wrong with that, I appreciate everything you guys have done for me. If it wasn't for everyone's help, I doubt I would have gotten as far as I have currently. Whether the databases you guys find are obsolete or better than what I have here, please post it, my objective is to make this the MOST useful set of databases for everyone to enjoy, to kill the trouble of finding the right databases. I just want to give something for the public to utilize. Regardless of how "obsolete" flashcarts are, I still enjoy using them, it seems I'm not alone either :). I was just stating that everything from that 2011 database was already integrated into the current one I have here :D.

Bump. Amen. All that good stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make...