Dead battery on iPad Air?

DavidRO99

Average Ryzen user.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
My sister has an iPad Air jailbroken on 7.1.2. She states that she didnt charge it for 2 months and it started charging really slowly when she did. After that she came to me a week later saying that her iPad wont charge at all now. Any ideas?(Apple repair is just.... No.... 99$ for a repair....)

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I've just looked through the instructions on iFixit and it's a very difficult procedure. Just to take out the battery took them 111 steps, and it'll be pretty much the same in reverse due to the amount of small connectors and the sheer quantity of glue used to hold everything together.

I would personally just go for the Apple repair service. You could try local repair shops although with them you can't guarantee it will be put back together perfectly.

The possible points that could prevent proper charging is if the power socket, charger, cable, or lightning socket are faulty and not getting a good electrical current through. Otherwise it may be internal (e.g. If heat caused the battery to degrade) and that should only be fixed by Apple. As luckkill4u mentioned, an iPad Air shouldn't develop these problems when it's less than 3 years old (and mine is still going strong after constant daily use), but I can't think of anything else it could be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9p0iK877W4