Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
not working why ? without information we can't help you. unless you don't want to be helped.

the other dumperS are:
TCPGecko : dump the /content folder using Gecko dot net in the FSA tab, you'll need the kernel patch to use it.
Dumpiine : dump the game's RPX and RPL to put in the /code folder.
Loadiine XML dumper : dump the values used by loadiine into cos.xml and app.xml to put in the /code folder
You'll miss the meta folder, that you can get from many different methods.

Additionally, you can use:
Saviine : dump the savegame
There's no dumper for AOC folder (dlc data)

Reactions: Rizzorules

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks @Cyan, my problem is that my computer keeps saying "waiting for wiiu"
Heres what im doing:
I use my pc as a hotspot with connectify
I run cmd, press ipconfig and my ipv4 is 192.168.2.4
I create a folder called game in my desktop
I open another cmd window, type: titledumper.exe /vol c:\Users\Rizzo\Desktop\Game
I run homebrew channel and i open DDD
I select 192.168.2.4 as my computer ip
Then i press "a" and the game is launched
but my computer doesnt find my wiiu

Months ago i tried tcpgecko and it worked but DDD is refusing to work

Last edited by Rizzorules,

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
your steps are good.
Maybe it's a firewall, router or antivirus protection? can you connect to the wiiu using ftpii?
That's what I was thinking. Also, sometimes on Windows, there won't be a pop-up to allow the program to connect through the firewall, and you have to manually allow it. Figured I should say that, so he knows he will have to probably add the permission manually.

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
your steps are good.
Maybe it's a firewall, router or antivirus protection? can you connect to the wiiu using ftpii?
Yes ftpii its working, i have alredy allowed tittledumper.exe in firewall settings.
I noticed that in ftpiiu it says that my wiius ip is 192.168.90.102:21 but they are usually 192.168.2.1, maybe connectify is the problem

Edit:
I used 192.168.90.1 and now its working!!! Thanks a lot cyan and brienj :)
My wiiu was trying to connect to my connectify ip not the original one

Last edited by Rizzorules,
Reactions: Cyan

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I was thinking. Also, sometimes on Windows, there won't be a pop-up to allow the program to connect through the firewall, and you have to manually allow it. Figured I should say that, so he knows he will have to probably add the permission manually.

I wonder what version he's using, I'm on 7 and I never really had issues with that, so maybe Windows 8+ changed permissions for that?

Edit: Oh! He got it working, never mind XD :P

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, there's currently no way to skip them if they are installed on the console.
the /vol/content folder is actually a merge of both game+update
there's no access to the real game folder nor the update alone.

you could try to delete your updates from the console, but I've read users saying the game doesn't boot without updates, even if network is disabled, if it knows updates exist.
I thought there were a prompt to choose "launch anyway".

Finearel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is it possible to dump Super Smash Bros for Wii U on a Mac? And if yes, how? I tried it with the methode from Etikas Tutorial, but I never got past the point where the game should be stuck on the loading screen and the dump begins on the computer, cause titledumper and notepad are both for windows. Can anyone please help me? :)

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it possible to dump Super Smash Bros for Wii U on a Mac? And if yes, how? I tried it with the methode from Etikas Tutorial, but I never got past the point where the game should be stuck on the loading screen and the dump begins on the computer, cause titledumper and notepad are both for windows. Can anyone please help me? :)
The titledumper also has an OSX version:
https://github.com/dimok789/ddd/releases/tag/v0.3

Always download and look for the newest version on the official github release pack and don't usefiles from random packages :P

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar

Oyashiro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi o/
I have a little problem while dumping smash 4 :
everytime the titledumper is opening the file "/Smash/vol/content/patch/data/model/figure/bayonetta1st_d/packed" (at around 11.4 Gb), my wii u crash.
Is there any ways to resolve that problem ?

Last edited by Oyashiro,

Finearel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The titledumper also has an OSX version:
https://github.com/dimok789/ddd/releases/tag/v0.3

Always download and look for the newest version on the official github release pack and don't usefiles from random packages :P
Thx for the replay :) Yeah i know about the titledumper for OSX but how do i do the notepad part then? And in general my titledumper looks like this:

Title Dumper by Dimok
Usage:
titledumper [WiiU Path] [Local Path]
WiiU Path supported: /vol (for complete dump), /vol/content, /vol/code, /vol/meta, /vol/aoc and /vol/save or any sub-directories of those)
Local Path e.g.: D:/some game/path or ./some game/path
logout

[Prozess beendet]

Im from Austria so my mac is german and Prozess beendet just means process finished so that you dont wonder^^ But I suppose this doesnt look as it should. Can someone please just link or explain the complete dumping process for a Mac? That would be super helpful :)

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Finearel
What notepad part? I guess in the tutorial they are creating a .bat file? Thats not needed.
Just follow the usage in the first post of this thread (did you read it before asking?).

Linux
Open a console, browse to the dumper and use this command line format:
./titledumper <dump_path_on_wiiu> <output_path_on_pc>
Same for OSX, open a Terminal window, navigate to the titledumper file and open it with the right arguments.

The OSX alternative of the .bat would be a bash script.
Code:
#! /bin/bash
./titledumper <dump_path_on_wiiu> <output_path_on_pc>
Fill in the right arguments, save it as a .sh file and give it execution rights (Terminal -> "chmod 755 scriptname.sh"). Then you can use the double click on the file to start it

Finearel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Maschell
Thx for your answer. Yeah I did read it but i have very little knowledge about things like that and i have absolutly no clue about Linux, so when I saw that there was no usage for Mac I supposed that there is no way to do it on mac and just asked right away. Sry :/ And as I said dont know much about stuff like this and so do i not know how to navigate in the terminal. Also what do you mean by "right arguments"? English is not my first language so this probably sounds dumb for you but i am really unsure what you mean with it. Sry that I keep asking questions that sound stupid for you but I really want to learn how to do it :)

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not know how to navigate in the terminal.
you use the cd command, which stands for change directory. You type cd, add a space, and then drag and drop the folder where the app titledumper is located into Terminal, and press enter.

I recommend you type
Code:
./titledumper
to make sure it works. If you get an error stating that there is no such file or directory, then you did it wrong.

Also what do you mean by "right arguments"?
What he means is replacing <dump_path_on_wiiu> and <output_path_on_pc> with what you want.

For example, let's say you want to dump everything from the Wii U to a folder called test that is in your documents folder.
Then you would replace <dump_path_on_wiiu> with /vol
(If you are not sure where the /vol came from, I recommend you to look at the examples in the first page.
and you would delete <output_path_on_pc> and drag and drop the folder where you want the content to be dumped into.

So you command should kind of look like this in terminal:
Code:
./titledumper /vol '/Users/CuriousTommy/Documents/test'
Now, your username will obvious not be CuriousTommy.

Last edited by CuriousTommy,
Reactions: SlimPortable

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte