Hacking Datel WiFi Max Freezes PC?

x_comp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just wondering if anyone else has this problem and if so, have you managed to fix it? It seems after I plug the adapter in for a certain amount of time, the PC completely freezes and all I can do is press the restart button or, turn off the PC and then back on again. I'd say it freezes after about an hour or so of use. Unplugging it before the hour is up and then plugging it back in later still causes it to freeze = /

Golds

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my computer does that with my nintendo wifi one.

are you using front loading USB 2.0 PCI card? Thats what I use.. it seems to happen when things go on standby, or if i plug in something else, like a digital camera.

i think its a power issue, but I cant figure it out either.

x_comp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, I think it might be an USB issue because whenever I plugin something bandwidth intensive such as a multi-card reader, the internet connection drops. It might have something to do with the USB data bandwidth but I'm not sure. I have an USB ADSL modem plugged in.

Think I might go order a Netgear router now and try using this to hook up the other computer I have to create a WLAN.

-Update-

Well, just tested it on my other PC which has no USB devices plugged in apart from a graphics tablet and it never froze. It seems any PCs with a device plugged that sends lots of data to and fro will crash the device... Or it just might be because I'm not using the stand that comes with it. Going to test further.

-Update 2-

Well, looks like it's because I'm not using the extension stand that comes with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.