Hacking Dashboard 2.0.13146 and old modded console

Kamiyama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I just readed that dashboard 2.0.13146 upgrade will re-write disc drivers firmware and remove modded driver firmwares. My lil bro's got my old modded x360 that isn't banned or flagged and he was told that he want go to online and stuff without the banhammer. I tried put the orginal firmware on it, but with no dice (it was premodded when I got that). So, is it safe to update the console and its disc drive and then go to online? The driver is Hitachi and modded firmware is iXtreme 1.3 or something if I can remember it right. Pretty old, though.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So if I understand you have a modded 360 (with a hitachi drive) that you now want to take online although so far as you know it is still unbanned and not flagged for a ban. You sound like you do not care about copied games any more either (at least for now) which makes life a bit easier.

Things are still somewhat up in the air right now with regards to banning and the hacked firmwares and I am especially not sure what goes with older firmwares like this- we have had a few people be troubled by having hacked firmwares on the drive when updates come and these older ones, especially ones that old, can do some odd things that confuse the update (there are many versions of hitachi drive after all).

As for safe I am hesitant to call it safe; although nothing is safe as far as live is concerned on the 360 this seems more risky than most things to my mind. MS have not had a banwave in a while and this has all the signs of them winding up for something huge. Hitachi possibly changes things; most models of hitachi drive do not support AP2.5 and thus have no need for LT+ and beyond but that is besides the point right now. Even if it works it might still "flag" it (not in the traditional sense but MS might still know) but that is pure speculation.

If it is that old you might well be able to dump the keys just by asking the drive (as opposed to LT where it is considerably more difficult) and build an original firmware with them that you can then flash to the drive. I would suggest doing this as they might well be useful in the future; if it is a hitachi that is incapable of doing AP2.5 checks it might be nice to have although I guess if it is that old you will probably be reburning games anyway.

Kamiyama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah, we just want the orginal firmware to that driver so we can play some Marvel vs Capcom 3 and few other games in online. Its way cheaper just buy orginal games for about 5-20€ than empty dl discs anyway in here. I tried flash that drive to its orginal firmware few times, but flashing program always said that checksums isn't correct even though I downloaded correct orginal Hitachi firmware multiple times from different places. Maybe I just try it again when I'm going to visit him next time...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah the second hand prices vs trying to source writable DL discs makes for interesting decisions.

Back on topic you do not just flash the drive- you need to inject the keys into it beforehand or you will end up with a fairly useless 360.

Or if you did that sometimes Jungleflasher can get a bit touchy about flashing "unknown" firmwares to the drive (the list of known ones tends to just include c4e's releases with stock firmwares and some of the hacked ones disallowed). I forget what you need to do to disabled such options but poke around the jungleflasher site, release notes and NFos for a few minutes and you should drag it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended