Gaming Dare I say it... Majora's Mask?

ForeverAlone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I want it.
I mean, I want it, like, really bad.

Like, I'll actually buy a 3DS if it comes out.

But first.. do you think the big N is/ will be working on it?
:unsure:

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It be awesome to have this game with refined graphics, but Nintendo won't do it because (1) they just released OoT port in June and (2) Majora's mask wasn't very popular (at least according to what I've heard over the years) even though it was my favorite Zelda title and I'm pretty sure I played it the most, except for Wind Waker, which was hated a lot too. Maybe it'll come out on Virtual Console in the future, but don't expect a full blow game. I hope Nintendo is working on a new Zelda exclusively for 3DS (that doesn't suck like the DS exclusives).

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I feel like they'll do it eventually. Some time during 2012.

Grezzo already made Ocarina of Time on the 3DS, I would imagine porting/remaking a second game would be much less work. I would say I don't want this anytime soon, only because it would interfere with Nintendo's games that are currently being made, but Grezzo is a completely different developer. I would really like to see it happen. Especially because I never played Majora's Mask that much.

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree, i hope they make a new Zelda 3D and not a port, tho a port would be great of course only if it was wind waker or twilight princess for the 3DS wooohooo

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Nooo... not another port, it's just what the haters want. Seriously though, the 3DS has had it's fair share of ports / remakes, I'd rather them work on a NEW zelda game.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remove the time limit and make events time of day, day of week and date based (events for popular holidays and your birthday) than I would definitely want it.

D

Deleted-236924

chartube, it wouldn't be Majora's Mask if there was no time limit.

Nooo... not another port, it's just what the haters want. Seriously though, the 3DS has had it's fair share of ports / remakes, I'd rather them work on a NEW zelda game.
So basically, what you're saying is that they shouldn't remake Majora's Mask because the people who dislike Nintendo would not like it?

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
chartube, it wouldn't be Majora's Mask if there was no time limit.

So basically, what you're saying is that they shouldn't remake Majora's Mask because the people who dislike Nintendo would not like it?

That was a joke, my real opinion starts where it says 'Seriously though'

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remove the time limit and make events time of day, day of week and date based (events for popular holidays and your birthday) than I would definitely want it.

While were at lets remake Super Mario 64 and just give mario a shotgun, jumpings for tards.
Also lets take Kirby and make it all emo and stuff you know like bleeding skulls and satan worship stuff like that (no offense emos or anyone who follows that stuff)

That would just ruin the basis of the game and make it a fancy OoT reskin.

Reactions: 1 person

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

While were at lets remake Super Mario 64 and just give mario a shotgun, jumpings for tards.
Also lets take Kirby and make it all emo and stuff you know like bleeding skulls and satan worship stuff like that (no offense emos or anyone who follows that stuff)

satan kirby would be rad, emo shit is more fashion based rather than worshiping el diablo

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

satan kirby would be rad, emo shit is more fashion based rather than worshiping el diablo

You didnt miss the point at all bravo :I

ForeverAlone

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This isn't Animal Crossing we're talking about.. although, I do remember seeing a post about them making that game for 3DS.

D

Deleted_171835

They have all the assets already. I would say it's pretty much a given that they're going to release Majora's Mask 3D.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course it'll happen. Nintendo gotta milk the series for all dat money.
I don't see it happening in the near future.
Don't bother about it, cause it's not going to happen.
Hello Nintendo, I didn't know you joined this forum.
im sorry dude, with MM wont work like OoT can work.
the new features on the Oot3D were the boss rush and the inverted master quest.

boss rush: already exist on MM, you just need to teleport to a temple, enter it and just go to the boss, you dont need to do the dungeon again and can be done by just going back in time if you already killed it

master quest: Oot already had a masterquest coded, you didnt need to make anything new -at all-, MM doesnt have a MQ so its not just a sprite revamp, they need to redo all the dungeons.

inverted map: MM has a circled map... you wont be making much difference inverting the map.

I am sorry, i want a MM3D, i just dont see it happening in the near future... if they release a new zelda for the 3ds, only diehard fans of MM will be interested in getting it (not every zelda fan likes that game) and it will take time until they create a MQ for MM.

so this game is not in the near future, and it wont sell if it is released after a new zelda - meaning if this game is released it will delay a new zelda.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(that doesn't suck like the DS exclusives).
THIS

This isn't Animal Crossing we're talking about.. although, I do remember seeing a post about them making that game for 3DS.
I'm going to assume you don't have a 3DS, because they've given proof of AC3D on the eShop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.