Gaming Danball Senki BOOST translation help

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, you could shorten everything like, for the image above, the CPU explain becomes "Best for Spears. AT ↑4%. Made by C.L" See if that fits.

EDIT: Can I assume that MemoryExplain and MotorExplain has the same limitations? If so I'll try and make it brief. Also, consider using ↑ symbol instead of UP. Every character space saved helps.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe those do.
I'm also not certain if the game can print the ↑. It can't print the english % so I have to use the JP verison %. An EVER so slight difference, but otherwise doesn't work.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I'll just translate as usual and if doesn't fit, then you can shorten it. So, the game's font doesn't have the ↑ symbol does it? I'm hoping it does.

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
I'm rather doubtful. It seems to lack " marks and a few other english symbols. It's very limited. I've been making use with just using UP and putting ATK X% UP.

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
True. However I think I've got it. About to compile and test to check. I'll post results in about 30 minutes.

EDIT: So I herped and compiled an old version. Let's try this again.
EDIT2: Welp gotta chop em down again. I chopped most of them down to just "Spear based CPU. ATK 4%UP. Cyber Lance." But even that's too long. Gotta chop out a bit more since the Lance part extends to the 3rd line, which is too much sadly.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Looking at the screenshot from the last page, the CPU type already shows what kind of CPU it is, which is in this case a spear. Do you think we could just remove the 'Spear based CPU' all together and just leave the description as 'ATK 4% UP. Made by Cyber Lance.' ?

Maxtram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi i've been away quite a long time from gbatemp but i will try be back until i get full of work again

i may help with the image editing. Can you send me some files to try and see if they work well?

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Phew... here's LBXMEMORYEXPLAIN_JP.BTX. I'm going to work on LBXMORTOREXPLAIN_JP.BTX next. Heh... Mortor... Mordor...

Attachments

• LBXMEMORYEXPLAIN_JP.BTX.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 288

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Sweet. It has been added in. Gotta work on those CPU descriptions again today. Passed out early yesterday.

Also Max, here's the majority of the files from the 06_GScene folder. You know how to use the Madoka tools already so just go ahead and take a crack at em. I'm just giving you the original un-translated versions so you can start fresh and use whatever fonts/styles you want. My only request is that you keep things as close to original as possible. If you gotta change something though for space or whatever, so be it.

EDIT: Oh also. I realized that by using the DecocdeGIMA and EncodeGIMA it seems to work better and less likely for images to get all fucked up.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?90965l9667osz1y

EDIT EDIT: Did a lil math, we're about 86% done with the MenuMessage.Pac file. However that last bit consists of the Item Explain, Motor Explain, Sub Explain (Shields and such), Weapon Explain, and RPG Item Explain. Now that weapon Explain has ~700 or more records. So we can ignore that for now if you guys want or someone can dedicate a while to doing that and I'll keep going and work on other stuff.

EDIT 3: After a bit more mathing, turns out we're only about 40% done with the MessageData folder. So that's a good sign. The MessageData contains the biggest bulk of stuff we need to translate, next to the story. Then it's onto images, unless Maxtram works on those. Then we'll be doing them in tandem. Which would make things much much faster.

acer7

Graphic Designer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might be able to help you with the image editing as I have some knowledge of photoshop.But I don't know Japanese.
If Japanese knowledge is not required send me a few pictures and give me the details what font,color etc it should be.And show me an example too.

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
I might be able to help you with the image editing as I have some knowledge of photoshop.But I don't know Japanese.
If Japanese knowledge is not required send me a few pictures and give me the details what font,color etc it should be.And show me an example too.

Font choices are entirely up to the editor. As far as not knowing Japanese, post the image here before you get to editing it and I'll let you know what it says. Most of them are pretty self explanatory with the folder they're in.
Alternatively if that isn't fast enough for you, use Wikipedia and Google Translate. Cross check the Katakana from Wikipedia then copy/paste them in-order over to Google Translate. Ta da! Rough translation of what it says! Most of the time Google is right, but if it seems off, just let me know.

All the files are in the above link posted for Maxtram. I'll be putting that on the Main Post here in a sec.

acer7

Graphic Designer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Font choices are entirely up to the editor. As far as not knowing Japanese, post the image here before you get to editing it and I'll let you know what it says. Most of them are pretty self explanatory with the folder they're in.
Alternatively if that isn't fast enough for you, use Wikipedia and Google Translate. Cross check the Katakana from Wikipedia then copy/paste them in-order over to Google Translate. Ta da! Rough translation of what it says! Most of the time Google is right, but if it seems off, just let me know.

All the files are in the above link posted for Maxtram. I'll be putting that on the Main Post here in a sec.
I downloaded the pack and I saw they weren't in the image extension.I already downloaded the tools you said in the first post.But how do I encode/decode them for use in photoshop?

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Put the images which you want to decode in the folder for the "Madoka" tools. They'll have the extension .gim Then run the DecodeGIMA.exe to decode them properly and keep transparency. It'll output .bmp images. You can then edit those BMPs however you wish so long as you save them as the same form of BMP again. After that run the EncodeGIMA.exe to save the images.

I think I just threw the .pac files in there. If that's the case run the DecodePAC.exe (with the .pac files in the Madoka folder) then run the DecodeGIMA.exe (they might be stored in .csb first if that's the case run DecodeCSB.exe) After you're done editing run the EncodeGIMA.exe, then EncodeCSB.exe, and lastly EncodePAC.exe.

Long process I know, but has to be done.

acer7

Graphic Designer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep on getting an error when clicking decodegima.exe
"Program Stopped Working"
Why is it happening?

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Look at the CMD window and see what that last file name is. Remove it from the Madoka folder. Run it again.
It means you ran into a file, that for whatever reason, doesn't work with the program.

EDIT: Realized there were a few more files in the 00_Data folder. Another set of files totalling up to 987Kb. So yea. Luckily quite a bit of it is reused data from things we've already translated. I'll upload each file to pastebin later tonight or tomorrow for people to look at and translate if they want.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT EDIT: Did a lil math, we're about 86% done with the MenuMessage.Pac file. However that last bit consists of the Item Explain, Motor Explain, Sub Explain (Shields and such), Weapon Explain, and RPG Item Explain. Now that weapon Explain has ~700 or more records. So we can ignore that for now if you guys want or someone can dedicate a while to doing that and I'll keep going and work on other stuff.

I thought I already posted ItemExplain. Did you forget to strike it off the list i.e it's done? Also I'm starting MotorExplain and SubExplain today. Hopefully I can get it done quickly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1