Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Honestly the best you can do is read the thread and learn what I've done, then go from there. I'm not messing with Danball any further for the time being due to it's western licensing. Chances are the 3DS version will get released stateside and if it does this version will be completely obsolete.

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
I'm fairly certain it will. Given that the anime is being dubbed and they're releasing LBX kits here in the US, I wouldn't doubt the 3DS game getting a release.

Tools are listed in the first post.

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
I haven't messed with it in forever but the general process goes like this:

UMD Gen, Extract Install CPK.
CPK Tools, Extract data with the Install CPK.
Use the Madohack "decodeBTX", "decodeCSB", and "decodePAC" programs to extract text from various files. I can't recall which files contain story data, I believe it's in the 00_data/GameData.pac but I'm not 100% certain anymore. It should be mentioned earlier in the thread.

After editing the text using a text editor use the "encode" programs to create a re-built version of your file. Then put the file in a folder with the other translated files (Note: Keep 2 folder, 1 original and 1 translated. Both should be identical except the translated has the new files replacing the old ones) and use the CPK tools to create a new Install CPK. Make sure to leave force compression off. Then replace the original Install CPK using UMD Gen (Drag and drop method) and save it as a new ISO. DO NOT OVERWRITE YOUR ORIGINAL ISO. Congratulations, you've not made an edited version of Danball Senki BOOST.

dwight2048

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
When i try to patch i get:
image.png

Ideas?
This file says XD3_Invalid_input, like mentioned earlier by NicoBlogs

Last edited by dwight2048,

CodeSeeker000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey CrashmanX, I've been looking for an updated translation of this game, but found nothing above 24% done. Can you provide a link for the game? I've played SD Gundam G Generation Overworld and LOVED IT! If you have done translations for the other games I would like to have links to those as well. As long as the games are usable as SDGGOW or better than perfect. If certain things that don't hinder story or sidequest events are still in Japanese that's OK, as long as i can tell what the floop people are saying when I'm talking to them and ALL items(Parts, weapons, etc) then it's 100% done in my book.

EDIT: if there's already such a file can you just tell me what page it's on plz?
Edit: P.S. I've tried to download the link on the previous page and i get the run around. can you provide a better link to that plz?

Last edited by CodeSeeker000,

WomegaXz462

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
good night, I am trying to translate this peculiar game but I still can't find the file that contains the dialogues of the story and if I am basing all my translation to see the dialogs of the 3ds version, it would be a great help if you indicated the name and location of that file

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...