Android DamonPS2 PRO (PS2 Emulator For Android)

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RZUnZkjn1oglJd-7TAX8JMy_sP-kTxa5A5JLw0N5S98Q0W5q5Ht-XlMX6faOVlJyw40=w300

Support for this app has seem to drop, I would advise from purchasing this app until further notice.
QUOTE]
DamonPS2 PRO (PS2 Emulator)
The fastest PS2 Emulator for Android in Global !!!! On Samsung S8 smartphone, the DamonPS2 emulator runs most of the PS2 games smoothly, For example (Samsung Galaxy S8 \ Mi6 \ Huawei P10 \ Snapdragon 835 Inside),
* Final Fantasy X : 60fps
* God of War II : 55fps
* Contra - Shattered Soldier : 48 fps
* marvel vs. capcom 2 : 60 fps
and more ... (More than 90% of the PS2 games can run)[/QUOTE]
:arrow:Google PlayStore Link

I just found out about this Emulator while surfing YouTube on my phone and I didn't see any post about it.​
It is a PlayStaion 2 Emulator on the Play store that for the moment will cost you $9.99 USD (The price is so they can get more people on board for development). There is no free version of the app as of right now but the developer(s) wants to provide one have the emu hits more than 50 thousand downloads and will be open source once the free version hits 80 million downloads which is a big mile stone. The emulator is still in early stages app version 0.940-pro.
Video by YouTuber ETA PRIME

Nvidia TV is not officially supported since extracting the apk from your phone and loading it to the system would only ask you for a license. The devs said support should happen in two weeks or so according the person in the video.

For sure I thought it was a scam. I bought it, turned off my WiFI+LTE and started to run some games on my Samsung Galaxy S8 (snapdragon 835). I will​
also be comparing it to the PS2 emulator know as PLAY! and the different experiences at default settings.
Devil May Cry 3-Dante's Awakening Special:
Play!: Text Displayed properly and cut scenes do load but at a very low 5fps. In game was even worst at a solid 3-4 fps.
DamonPS2 PRO: Text did not display properly and cut scenes were black but audio playback was there and seem to run at 40+fps. In game seem to run between 52-60 fps which is a massive improvement.
Kingdom Hearts II:
Play! : Menu ran at a solid 58-60fps but the audio seems to be delayed a second or two. video cut scene did terrible running at 4fps, skipping the scene runs at 60fps and in game cut scenes run at 16+fps. In game plays at 12fps+ with graphical glitches.
DamonPS2 PRO: Menu ran at a solid 59-60fps but the audio was not delayed. video cut scene did better running at 48-50fps but sounds super scary, skipping the scene runs at 60fps and in game cut scenes run at 60fps mostly but dips as low as 22fps. In game plays at 38-60fps with no graphical glitches, in fact it was very detailed.
I will test more games once I get the files from my PS2 disc extracted but all in all I got to say this is quite the emulator. You can sync up a Bluetooth controller (I imagine USB controller works) and even save states.
EDIT: Big thanks from @ShadowOne333 for helping out with some info and Video source

UPDATE 1/15/18:The app was removed from the Google Play store as of January 5th and explained on their FaceBook Page
Since DamonPS2's page description on Google Play violates Google's specifications, we received a Google mail notification asking us to modify the DamonPS2 Google Play page description. So, at the moment DamonPS2 is not visible on Google Play. We will work with Google's needs to modify the DamonPS2 Google Play page. After the page description reaches the Google standard, we will release the APP again.
As of January 10th they had told the people a paid and free version would be arriving shortly to celebrate 300,00 user but has been renounced due to issues with with licensing and beeing "hampered" from the outside.
Yesterday, we made a statement on our facebook. The DamonPS2 team decided that the next update would release both free and paid versions. Because we receive more than 300 e-mails per day, we add more than 10,000 new users per day and total more than 300,000 users. Although only 1% of paying users. In the face of huge enthusiasm players, we chose to allow more players to share our happiness.

However, when we tried to release a free version of the PS2 emulator to allow more players to play on Android, we were hampered from the outside! This obstruction from the PCSX2 community!

UPDATE 1/16/18: DamonPS2 Pro will be back on the Google Play store within the week or so. The developers have said they will be brining a free (but ad filled) version before the 15th of Feburary.
The paid version of DamonPS2 will soon be resumed on Google Play(Within a week, and previously purchased users do not need to buy again), and the free version (ad version) will be newly added to Google Play before the 15th of next month.

:arrow:Damonps2 Facebook page

Last edited by BlackWizzard17,

BlackWizzard17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$10 for something that's never guaranteed to run full speed without hacky shit going on? Nah.
Yeah $10 dollars is a lot but that is why Im doing these test. So far is seems legit from my experience.
No thanks. 10 dollars ? What a dirty! I am fine with PC/Laptop with a PS2 emulator. :)
Well I would say do the same with all Emulators and play on a Computer. $10 is a lot to ask for but I bought it to see for my self just to see the progression over time.

Reactions: KiiWii

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I believe the devs mentioned the $10 price tag so that they can hire more coders for the project.
Once they hit a goal, they will remove the $10 price tag.

I think I heard this from an "ETA Prime" youtube user video in which he tested the emulator himself.
Hey at least we are getting more emulation options for the PS2.
Hopefully something that can be optimized more than PCSX2 and can run within Android, and hopefully one day implemented into RetroArch for ARM architecture to start with.

BlackWizzard17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the devs mentioned the $10 price tag so that they can hire more coders for the project.
Once they hit a goal, they will remove the $10 price tag.

I think I heard this from an "ETA Prime" youtube user video in which he tested the emulator himself.
Hey at least we are getting more emulation options for the PS2.
Hopefully something that can be optimized more than PCSX2 and can run within Android, and hopefully one day implemented into RetroArch for ARM architecture to start with.
Thanks, I forgot to provide that info.

Would it run better on shield tv? Play! Is a great POC but god awful in all honesty for gameplay.
I think only suggest snapdragon 835 devices. As of right now I don't think you can download the app from the shield without side loading it.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks, I forgot to provide that info.

I think only suggest snapdragon 835 devices. As of right now I don't think you can download the app from the shield without side loading it.
Welcome :)
Also, you might want to provide the following info as well:
Would it run better on shield tv? Play! Is a great POC but god awful in all honesty for gameplay.
The devs also mentioned they are working on bringing support for the Nvidia Shield as well.
@BlackWizzard17 you can add this video as reference if you want, it's the one I am using for quoting and referencing everything lol

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The logo looks like a ripoff of PPSSPP's.
Cuz it is, it's the exact same but slightly rotated (and a different color, of course) :lol:

As to the news, interesting, but the emu uses a lot of frame skipping and hacky methods to get games running as smoothly as they do, which is something I'm not all that interested in for the most part. Nice to see another decent-ish PS2 emulator out there, but I'd rather just use my PC/stream it to my Shield devices than anything.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Cuz it is, it's the exact same but slightly rotated (and a different color, of course) :lol:

As to the news, interesting, but the emu uses a lot of frame skipping and hacky methods to get games running as smoothly as they do, which is something I'm not all that interested in for the most part. Nice to see another decent-ish PS2 emulator out there, but I'd rather just use my PC/stream it to my Shield devices than anything.
uh... just noticed this, the package name is "com.damonplay.damonps2.pro.ppsspp" lul

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
uh... just noticed this, the package name is "com.damonplay.damonps2.pro.ppsspp" lul
Yeah the devs themselves have said that the logo and UI is based off of PPSSPP.
You can tell easily by booting up the app in the phone.
Looks very similar to it, but with the core of a PS2 emulator instead of PSP one. :lol:

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
who is idiot enough to BUY an EMULATOR
E
M
U
L
A...
fuck off you got it, wtf
Don't be like that. Emulators are just like any other piece of software. I'm perfectly fine with this being sold for profit. 10 USD does seem a bit much, though.

Reactions: dAVID_ and cearp

BlackWizzard17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About DamonPS2 vs. PPSSPP :

Special statement:
Trademark and intellectual property and gaming entities such as Game ROM, PS2 BIOS, Playstation2, PS2, PSP, PPSSPP etc, belong to Sony and other game manufacturers. The software does not integrate PPSSPP, so it can not run PSP game
Literally from them

who is idiot enough to BUY an EMULATOR
E
M
U
L
A...
fuck off you got it, wtf
I also bought Drastic DS emulator as wellB-), Anything wrong with that!

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Literally from them

Why would they put that in the package name? The logo is one thing, but the package name.... why?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

but its an emulator dude :/
i really can't see an emulator being sold
I can. DraStic is one of the most widely known ones.

Emulators aren't just "omg such piracy on another system" programs.

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Literally from them

everything ;)

Why would they put that in the package name? The logo is one thing, but the package name.... why?

I can. DraStic is one of the most widely known ones.

Emulators aren't just "omg such piracy on another system" programs.
yah i know abour drastic, but i got the paid version for free XD

... i just realized, this is Piraception

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using this on my Shield K1 and it works fairly well. Not full speed of course, but we'll enough in its infancy. I've only tested it with one game so far, but it's fair.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
  • Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit:
    hello, anyone is able to create cheat patches for cemu? i have a simple request if anyone can help
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, she'll always love you too. :sad:
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, she'll always love you too. :sad: