Android DamonPS2 PRO (PS2 Emulator For Android)

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a little digging in the APK.
The Android Java code is packed using Qihoo "DexJiagu" into a shared library to prevent easy decompilation.
They are using the PCSX2 game database with its configs, plus a supplemental one with a handful of hacks to make games work.
Looking at one of the libs, it states that something currently crashes on "Linux 64-bit running in 32-bit mode", which may explain the lack of Shield TV compatibility.
Incidentally, sideloading it to a Shield TV from your phone should work assuming you've purchased it and are signed into the same account on both devices.

At this point, I can't tell if this is a fork of PCSX2 or Play!, or something written entirely from scratch.
The only thing tying it to Play! is the fact that Play! uses a file called "games.db". There's a file in DamonPS2 that lists that as an asset, but it doesn't seem to be in the app.
Also, the actual core of the emulator seems to be compiled with an older version of the Android NDK, one with GCC 4.8. Currently, Android uses some version of clang, which is found in one of the other shared libraries.

I don't have Ida and I don't really feel like doing any deeper digging so I'm not going to attempt to examine the shared libs further.

Last edited by bobmcjr,
P

pasc

Play! is already a thing. I trust this dev far more, as he delivers steady but incremental updates...

D

Deleted User

why use a paid PS2 emu to run P3 when you can play the upgraded version for free on PPSSPP ? not to mention PPSSPP can be used on phones with lower specs than Damon.
Some people perfer the walking around format of the game then the novel format.

Reactions: NoNAND

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DamonPS2 has said he has not stolen the PCSX2 code

So did RetroBit and Retron, after they were caught stealing non-commercially licensed code, they flatly denied it despite proof in their source code. It's just PR bull crap. Read the article on PCSX2's site, sounds like it was stolen code to me. Man, it's getting so bad that developers can't even write their own code, too hard.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, Did you left your buttplug in?