Gaming Damaged 3DS carts

macd1876

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My sons copy of Poke months Sun for the 3DS was chewed by our small dog, it appears to just be the outer casing, but although it fits into the 3ds,it isn't detected , so he bought a replacement, only problem is he had played about 140 hours on it, is there any way nintendo or someone else can retrieve the save games from the damaged cart?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My sons copy of Poke months Sun for the 3DS was chewed by our small dog, it appears to just be the outer casing, but although it fits into the 3ds,it isn't detected , so he bought a replacement, only problem is he had played about 140 hours on it, is there any way nintendo or someone else can retrieve the save games from the damaged cart?

If the cart isn't readable, there's nothing you can do. Sorry

D

Deleted User

If the cart isn't readable, there's nothing you can do. Sorry
This is sort of true. I found chewed carts that still work however, so what I suggest doing is breaking off the tiny little tabs that space out the cart pins - they sometimes snap off and block the cart (do not do this on the new one, you should only do this if one or more are damaged)
Dz6lWOr.png
just to ensure you know what I mean.
It could be possible further damage has occured: can you post a picture of the cart (front and back)? You might be able to actually open it up and fix it but that'd take a lot of effort for no potential fix.

Reactions: BORTZ and Blue

macd1876

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
89badf40ed306576869a7e7d121292e5.jpg
84143a4f48e4e0b1d485bde5894aa3af.jpg

That back photo looks worse than it really is, there are small teeth marks on the connectors, but the circuit board isn't broken, it was a chihuahua puppy so it has small teeth.

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
89badf40ed306576869a7e7d121292e5.jpg
84143a4f48e4e0b1d485bde5894aa3af.jpg

That back photo looks worse than it really is, there are small teeth marks on the connectors, but the circuit board isn't broken, it was a chihuahua puppy so it has small teeth.

the top right corner of the cart might be a problem as part of it has damage but the bottom for the most part seems intact minus the contacts.

D

Deleted-351540

These carts just snap together. There is no glue or adhesive holding it together. The circuit board underneath looks mostly undamaged. If it were me, I'd go up to the local used game store and buy as many $3 carts as I need/want, then I'd carefully swap the Pokemon circuit board into another cart case. You may need glue or an adhesive to hold the cart back together afterwords if you damage the locking mechanism.

I say purchase many because you will almost certainly break a few trying to get them apart.

Wallydraigle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same thing happened to me, but mine has basically one tooth mark that didn't perforate the plastic case and which appears to have not damaged the circuit bard, but the card won't read anyway. I suspect what happened is the stress broke one of the pins underneath the ROM chip. Some day I'll get around to trying to reflow it and see if it works long enough to get my save off it. I'll report back.

macd1876

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am pretty sure his 3ds is on the latest firmware, can't remember exactly but I think it was 1.36 so softmod is out of the question I'm afraid. :-(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1