Gaming Daigasso! Band Brothers P

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to cearp's heroic efforts in providing JP game updates, this game works great online, but you aren't allowed to pick custom songs. Does anyone know if the same happens when playing online with friends?
Yep, you can select custom songs when playing with friends. We should try to have a jam session sometimes. :)

Reactions: thomeval

twede86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that there is a bug renaming songs. I had a bunch of my custom songs wiped out after renaming some impoted songs. I'm gonna try to get them back.

A jam session would be a blast!

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that there is a bug renaming songs. I had a bunch of my custom songs wiped out after renaming some impoted songs. I'm gonna try to get them back.

A jam session would be a blast!
I suggest you take thomeval's advice: When you make a copy it will correct the song title. Then you can delete the placeholder.

Also, I recommend not restoring the "adpcm" file aka recorded vocaloid since you can do that yourself in-game. That might mess up with the renaming/deleting of custom songs.

And I'm happy to report that the latest update to the extdata tools does works. Guess I should edit my previous post.

thomeval

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All times are in GMT + 2
Best: 16:00-21:00 any day, or 10:00-22:00 on weekends. I may be able to make times other than that, but it depends how busy my day is.

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy, this is going to be difficult. Being able to play with people around the world is great but timing can be a pain. I guess we can play for now.

In homebrew/hacking news, from what I read, the next update from Gateway team allow region changing firmware. That means people with physical copy of the game can finally redeem the 100 free tomatoes code (or at least have access to the JP eShop to buy tomatoes). If it's done by emuNAND you can have different region on your 3DS.

Added: Anybody wants to join in feel free to stop by this chat: http://www.chatzy.com/77973477573948
Just ignore the chat room name. lol

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Could it works if you update the game with the japanese update and then running regionthree?
Just an idea, I can't test it since I am on emuNAND, which foreign update works.

Edit: Nevermind, I forgot that CFW users have the game installed as .cia and not as .3ds.

Neobeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here are the current issues when importing a "pack":
  • The "pack" contains its own ID, and this has to match with the folder it's in or things will go awry.
  • The title is not updated until you re-save or duplicate the file.
  • The author (and possibly other metadata) are missing.
The first of these can be fixed by modifying the "pack" alone, the latter two will require modification of mgr.bin (in the jb folder). I think there might also be other random errors such as things going missing and/or game freezing, which are probably related to these.

The mgr.bin isn't too bad, once you un-gzip it it's just a sequence of 3700 312-byte-structs of information (title, ID in which to find the actual record data, etc.), and a bunch of stuff I haven't figured out. Then mgr2.bin isn't too different, it's 1500 320-byte-structs. This is currently only used to hold the three songs that came with the V2 update? Maybe it can also be used to extend 3700 to 5200 songs, I don't know.

To that end, here's how you can help with this investigation. Assuming you have an extdata dump, grab jb_reader, place it in your jb folder and run it. It doesn't modify anything except creating a jb_contents.csv file (which can be opened with excel or notepad). Alternatively, send me a copy of your jb folder and I can analyse it.

I'm investigating things like:
  • Is the Zeros column always 0?
  • What are the Flags for mgr.bin? (I think 0x800000 is to make it hidden, and some of it determines if there's lyrics or vocals???)
  • What is Unk1 or Unk2 in mgr.bin?
  • What are the 8 extra bytes used for in Mgr2Extra?
  • What are the Flags in each "pack"? (I think 0x01 means it's received from another 3DS?)
  • Which of the values/bits are modified for official/DLC/tomato songs?
If you're not sure what to look for, here's a sample CSV output (after making it pretty)

The goal is to have something that can easily import songs (without these issues), I'm aiming by the end of March maybe. Beyond that I'm looking at importing BDX files as well, as the file format isn't too different.

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Interesting finding Neobeo. It would be great when the metadata are kept when importing to know who the original author and when playing online the game knows we already have the same song selected thus can playback the vocaloid recording.

I'm also looking forward to the importing BDX feature as I like to have some western songs in my game instead of manually copying note-to-note. lol

Once I'm in my computer and give that jb_reader a go and post my result.

Neobeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, got on my computer and here my jb_contents output: https://www.sendspace.com/file/at7qzo
Hope you find this useful.

Also, I updated "Dancing in the Moonlight". It now have harmonizing (background singer)! Download it and tell me how it sounds. I just started learning how to do it.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/r1pszf

Thanks, I think I have enough to work with. For anyone interested in playing around with mgr.bin, it's just a gzip so can be opened with 7zip or winrar (might need to rename to mgr.bin.gz first). But it basically keeps track of pretty much everything you'd expect it to, e.g. scores, singer, icon, fans.

I'm still not able to make it detect any of my songs as "DL" though, I suspect that the DL tracks must have its own specific range of IDs. So it would be really nice to have at least one DL track to play around with. Otherwise, at this point it's fairly straightforward to fix the mgr.bin to reflect whatever is in the directories, so it's now more a problem of what's the best way to package all the extra information not in the pack (which is mainly the author and the simplified title, the latter of which becomes an issue if we have kanji in titles).

Reactions: Lookie401

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm still not able to make it detect any of my songs as "DL" though, I suspect that the DL tracks must have its own specific range of IDs. So it would be really nice to have at least one DL track to play around with.
Yeah, if only the game doesn't require you to have/had tomatoes just to download the free songs. Too bad you can't access the JP eShop on a non-JP 3DS as I would had purchase one tomatoe for it.

Edit: This launcher called Spider3DSTools looks interesting. Says it can dump the memory to your SD card. If someone make it work for the game we can load song(s) into memory, dump it and rip it. Maybe. Who knows. Anyway here's the thread for more info: https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-launcher-spider3dstools-released.379427/

Neobeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Edit: This launcher called Spider3DSTools looks interesting. Says it can dump the memory to your SD card. If someone make it work for the game we can load song(s) into memory, dump it and rip it. Maybe. Who knows. Anyway here's the thread for more info: https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-launcher-spider3dstools-released.379427/

As far as I can tell, the shop streams m4a rather than the actual playable data. On the other hand, a RAM dump might work with online play.

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As far as I can tell, the shop streams m4a rather than the actual playable data. On the other hand, a RAM dump might work with online play.
Yes, it streams m4a when you want to hear with vocaloid but if you turn that off (just hearing the instrumental) the "sequence" data is downloaded and play off from that.

Also, I'm talking about dumping your own DL songs. I could select a song under free play, launch the tool and it should dump the memory with the song since it's loaded.

Maybe I failed to mention this but my JP 3DS cannot run homebrews but can still run the browser exploit (unless someone makes a exploit to run homebrews; none that I have seen). You get what I'm trying to say? ;)

Reactions: thomeval

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ