Gaming Daigasso! Band Brothers P

r4bbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
is there any way to import a bbp of official song as a custom song,so that i can edit it in the game?thanks

update:nevermind,solution found...just open the bbp with a hex editor,and change the first 4 characters to 02 00 00 80 .then the song will become edit-able after importing.(tested with minidegausser v0.2.exe)

update2:not really fully work with minidegausser v0.2.exe,the imported song will be able to be edit in game,but not able to be saved. Degausser v2.2a works perfectly so far.

Last edited by r4bbit,
Reactions: Neobeo

Neobeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is there any way to import a bbp of official song as a custom song,so that i can edit it in the game?thanks

update:nevermind,solution found...just open the bbp with a hex editor,and change the first 4 characters to 02 00 00 80 .then the song will become edit-able after importing.(tested with minidegausser v0.2.exe)

update2:not really fully work with minidegausser v0.2.exe,the imported song will be able to be edit in game,but not able to be saved. Degausser v2.2a works perfectly so far.

Thanks for the updates. That's actually quite interesting. It's been a while since I've worked on these, but from memory you have to actually "duplicate" the song into the custom songs area... which is what Degausser does. minidegausser will still install it into "official songs", but that probably doesn't work very well even if you've modified the "editable" flag to be on.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't tell me 9399 in the file name stands for how many songs are in the pack. :rofl2:
Yes. x_x

Edit: Now that we have basically a complete song dump, some way to manage and sort through these for people should be the next task. Ways to organize by song origin, genre, etc. Difficult for most to find songs they'd even want among such a massive list.

Last edited by Spikey,

gnc140

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
new song today:
幻視の夜 ~ Ghostly Eyes (ばけばけ).bbp
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1nuJ23fN

five new songs yesterday:
スポットライト(勝負曲受賞曲) (ニャンシス).bbp
さくらニュータウン (タカヒロ).bbp
Admission[2](勝負曲受賞曲) (じゃい).bbp
KATSU-DON(勝負曲受賞曲) (コメのこだわり).bbp
間奏曲 (あほやま).bbp
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1nvApq8T

gnc140

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
all the 40 mv songs and 10 Vocaloid singer like 小林幸子 こばやし さちこ

(MV40_VOC10_filer.rar 1.6g) pack is here:
https://mega.nz/#!oB9HALYR!FZvAC4HIa8XiW4iCnbVKAucMB-ugFI3MxjOoecC_g2M

1. download and unzip get a folder "filer"
2. use savedatafiler.cia to import this ext save data
then you can play all the 40 music with movie video like this:

notice: cause there is no tools like minidegausser to deal with these MV songs,
use savedatafiler.cia importing will overwrite the bbp songs already imported.

Last edited by gnc140,

Naderino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@gnc140 at it again! Thanks man. Given the fact that there are over 3700 songs, you can't install them all at once or go above thet limit. Either the degausser homebrew will freeze or Mini-Degausser will throw an error.

So the next step as the others said is to index and organize the files @gnc140 gave us, or/and to translate them. It's very difficult to find which songs are which exactly. I'll start by organizing the files using english titles and seperate them by artist. Anyone willing to help can always tag along :)

I'll share them here as well

Reactions: gnc140

Neobeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Given the fact that there are over 3700 songs, you can't install them all at once or go above thet limit.

After finally studying the mgr2.bin format (motivated by the presence of 40 new MVs), I'm convinced we can have up to 5200 songs in total (3700+1500). The songs in mgr2.bin can have some extra information I haven't fully figured out, but mainly videos and images I think. It's still just speculation at this stage -- I haven't actually implemented or tested any of this.

Naderino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As promised, I have romanized and indexed the 9399 songs @gnc140 gave us. Forgive me if some files are not indexed in the right place or if it's too confusing. This is mainly to help visualize the files better and be able read the titles and was done very quickly. Enjoy :)

https://mega.nz/#!N4wgTSII!KrodnDUMpj9EJVzxZ5AbojAifMBdYLR1AdqWgvox0hU

And once again, thank you @gnc140 for supplying us with such a wide variety and selection of songs :D

Last edited by Naderino,

Neobeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I made an SaltySD thing for Daigasso. It's still a proof-of-concept in that it works as intended so far, but I don't really know if it might crash randomly.

What it does is basically redirect any file access (whether it be from the base romfs, the update patch, or extdata) onto the sd card, if the file exists. In this case, text translations will probably go under sd:/saltysd/daigasso/patch/msg/JpJa/*.msbt and so on.

There's some compilation instructions in the file itself, but mainly you'll need to obtain code.bin from the v2.1 update package (so you'll probably need 3dstool, ctrtool, maybe FunkyCIA and others). And then armips v0.8 which you can use to compile this asm. Well, when I say "compile" it really combines it with the code.bin to form a new bin file that goes in luma/code_sections. Oh that's right, you'll also need to be running on Luma v6.0+ I think.

Anyway, hope this doesn't appear too daunting. I think going forward that translations will be best done this way.

Just to quote from my other post in the other thread in case more people are subscribed to this thread. This patch basically allows you to redirect extdata access to the sd card, meaning you can just apply Degausser (pc version) directly on sd:/saltysd/daigasso/jb/mgr.bin. Of course, you'll need to dump your extdata first (e.g. with savedatafiler) and then place it in that location.

Naderino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! I had the time to test my work and I would constantly get crashes in game after importing the "english" files. It seems most of the files were somehow manipulated through my scripts, as the md5 of the originals did not match. I was able to re-run my scripts this time and have the md5 match. I updated the download link in my previous post :) I also further indexed some files with things that I missed, such as classic songs and nintendo songs grouped by game. I also tested the files this time, so no hidden surprises (I hope so anyway >.<)

gnc140

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
12 new songs updated
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qXDrXDU

12/21
時の眠る園 (たくや).bbp
君は天然色 (しんたろ).bbp
水上の音楽 (こぐま).bbp
パンデモニックプラネット (ばけばけ).bbp
パンデモニックプラネット (こくみん).bbp
アイネクライネ (アグニシャイン).bbp

12/22 Be rewarded songs(xmas).rar
ピコピコこそわがよろこび(クリスマスリミックス受賞曲) (みゅー).bbp
80’s Fusion mix(クリスマスリミックス受賞曲) (ウシだいこん).bbp
KAFU-MOON(クリスマスリミックス受賞曲) (にぬふぁぶし).bbp
Ready Merry,Happy!(クリスマスリミックス受賞曲) (リネィノ).bbp
Shining Star Rainbow(クリスマスリミックス受賞曲) (Y).bbp
xmas(クリスマスリミックス受賞曲) (かたくみ).bbp

Last edited by gnc140,

stefanoteco

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm sorry for posting here but since it's related I guess it's the right place hehe

I'm trying to run Degausser pc version but I need the Jb Manager File and I have no idea where to get it from, could you guys give me a little help? :D
EDIT: never mind, just got it :D

Last edited by stefanoteco,

Neobeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also there is a very weird thing with this game on my EU N3DS:
When i install the update, i can't play the local multiplayer (like all the local multi jp games i tried), i must use the internet multi.
Without the update there is no error.
I wonder what has changed and if it can be revert.
For those interested, I've fixed this issue of hosting a local multiplayer game, which was caused by having an out-of-region Download Play child. It will require a custom build of Luma which disables DLP region check (see pull request).

The desperate things people do when they purchase a second 3DS ^_^;

Reactions: deadf1sh

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those interested, I've fixed this issue of hosting a local multiplayer game, which was caused by having an out-of-region Download Play child. It will require a custom build of Luma which disables DLP region check (see pull request).

The desperate things people do when they purchase a second 3DS ^_^;
Whoa! That's big news! Especially since it helps far more than just Band Brothers. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...