Gaming Daigasso! Band Brothers P

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi @deadf1sh . It is knowned that the homebrew app can only import officials songs.

As for doing local multiplayer, first of all region locks could still apply. Second, are you doing download play (where only one copy is use) or each 3DS has its own copy? Did you make sure all 3DS have the latest game update? I haven't try local multiplayer but I can exchange custom songs between two 3DS.

deadf1sh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It is knowned that the homebrew app can only import officials songs.
I didn't know they were edited song, i thought they were bad dump.
are you doing download play (where only one copy is use) or each 3DS has its own copy?
No each 3DS has its own game, it's not download play.
I can exchange song no problem too.
When the games are on 1.0 i can local play.
When both are on 2.1, i can't. Like Taiko no Tatsujin it throw an error when i click on "Host".

If anyone can find what changes make the update, that could possibly help remove that local region lock (i'm dreaming i know :lol:)

Last edited by deadf1sh,

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see. I guess Nintendo patched local mutiplayer.

I have a JP and US 3DS. Of course the JP3DS (running Luma emunand) has no problem while the US3DS (running Gateway emunand) throws an error when I try to host.

LarukuHolic

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi, I try to import some song with Degausser3ds
but, i got a error message : unable to open dbbp extdata.
i've installed dbbp and 2.1 update. what am i supposed to do?

deadf1sh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I try to import some song with Degausser3ds
but, i got a error message : unable to open dbbp extdata.
i've installed dbbp and 2.1 update. what am i supposed to do?
you should follow the advice from this post before doing any import:
I was able to redo the steps that I took to make Degausser work on another 3DS, and it worked flawlessly. I am running Band Bros P with the 2.1 update installed on AuReiNand and using the Degausser 2.2 homebrew tool. As soon as I start that game I get through the main tutorial and let the game save. Next step is to make your own song using the edit function. It doesn't have to be complicated but you do have to save it. I believe this was the missing step that was causing the data to be corrupted. Once you have a test song, exit out and use home-brew degausser tool to import the songs you'd like to play. I didn't have the hold A+B+X+Y or anything to fix errors and the songs loaded just fine.

I hope this works for you.

deadf1sh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@gnc140
Your link doesn't work for me.
From the translation it would mean: "the page does not exist"
Do you have access to any other upload site ? like mega for example ?

Forget what i said the link works now ! thank you very much i'll try right away !

Last edited by deadf1sh,

deadf1sh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So this is 568 more songs added !
Omg i have way too many songs now haha :gba: thanks to all the uploader.
I wish there was some better filter in the game (genre, artist.. )

twede86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there any interest in localizing the game to make it friendlier to newer players? I am a graphic designer and would be willing to redo all the graphics with japanese text to english. I know there are other localization projects for the 3DS, but I haven't had the time to dive into the tools. If anyone is interested in forming a group I think it would help make this game more attractive for new players.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with this game is that many of the menus aren't the original default ones any more, and are actually the result of game updates. Thus to translate those, you'd need to patch the update files instead.

gnc140

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
i just find a way to speed up the process of transforming Vocaloid.
use NTR CPU Clock 804MHz, it will save 2/3 of the time!
may be you guys knows already.

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Again thanks @gnc140 for the pack. Wish it only contain songs not already available so I don't have to manually sort it out. :P
And nice video showing off the speed difference. This would be great for new player who have a homebrew enable N3DS. They can render thousands of songs in no time! :rofl2:

@twede86 I wouldn't mind a translation but it will require lots of work.

deadf1sh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Again thanks @gnc140 for the pack. Wish it only contain songs not already available so I don't have to manually sort it out. :P
If it can help i used Winmerge, put all your songs in one folder, all gnc140 in another folder, and compared. Then you can copy files from winmerge.
resulted in 578 new song, but degausser told me that 10 songs already existed.

Regarding translation, the game is really not text heavy, and once you got the grip it's always the same thing.
I think some simple screenshots of the menus overlayed (?) with translation would be as helpful and easier to do.

Last edited by deadf1sh,
Reactions: Lookie401

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any interest in localizing the game to make it friendlier to newer players? I am a graphic designer and would be willing to redo all the graphics with japanese text to english. I know there are other localization projects for the 3DS, but I haven't had the time to dive into the tools. If anyone is interested in forming a group I think it would help make this game more attractive for new players.
I was curious about it myself, so I'm looking into this.

The textures and language files themselves are pretty darn simple. Text is in .mbst format, which is fairly standard for 3DS games. The graphics are in .arc format. I put them through Ohana, and what did I find?

dbbp_gfx.PNG

We can edit the ingame text and graphics very easily.

So yes, to answer your question, editing the rom to make it more English-friendly would be fairly easy.

Last edited by ultramario1998,

deadf1sh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was curious about it myself, so I'm looking into this.

The textures and language files themselves are pretty darn simple. Text is in .mbst format, which is fairly standard for 3DS games. The graphics are in .arc format. I put them through Ohana, and what did I find?

View attachment 52110

We can edit the ingame text and graphics very easily.

So yes, to answer your question, editing the rom to make it more English-friendly would be fairly easy.
Nice ! but you did it with the game, it must be done on the game update, because the update changes all the menu. I tried it with your tool, and it can be done.

dsync

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Just wondering whether someone has the latest version for this game? I have v2.1 so far but couldn't get online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn