Hacking d2x Installer Not Showing The Beta Version I Have Downloaded. Highest Version Shown is v6

_HelpMePlease

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I have checked out other posts on this matter. Don't link me to them unless they have a solution that doesn't include flipping the lock switch, as those are the majority of the conclusions.

Yes I have checked out the tutorial on the official d2x website. I have all the files in their proper positions on my SD card. I will even post my SD cards directory here.

F:\apps\d2x-cios-installer
boot.dol
Changelog.txt
ciosmaps.xml
icon.png
meta.xml
ReadMe.txt
sampleCIOSMAPS.xml

F:\apps\d2x-cios-installer\d2x-v10-beta52-vWii
DIPP.app
EHCI.app
ES.app
FAT.app
FFSP.app
MLOAD.app
SDHC.app

USBS.app

Yes I have tried both SD and SDHC cards. The same problem occurs on both of them. And yes, they are both unlocked.

Do not tell me to reinstall the installer or the beta files. I have done that so many times, I think I am going to go insane.

3ByfZI1.png

The application only shows v4 v5 and v6. Not the one that I downloaded and need.

I have tried installing the packages on v4 v5 and v6 with no luck. They all fail or crash.

I am doing this on my vWii with a Wiimote that came with the original Wii very close to release day.

Thank you for the help, it is much appreciated. :)

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the Wii U section so I would assume that you are using the Mod v2.2 installer for the Wii U. As I recall you will not have an option to select anything including the v6 that you talk about, it will just start working.

Ughwire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem may be the ciosmaps.xml file you have. When you open it up, do you see d2x-v10-something somewhere near the top?

yonasz

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I had same problem few days ago . I can confirm sometimes i cant find d2x-v10.... (only v4 v6 etc)I just choose to exit app and next time when i start app it was there. I had this issue twice even after fresh formated sd card. Firmware 5.3.2e

_HelpMePlease

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you're on V6, have you tried press right or left?

Yes.

This is the Wii U section so I would assume that you are using the Mod v2.2 installer for the Wii U. As I recall you will not have an option to select anything including the v6 that you talk about, it will just start working.

I do have that, but I'm not exactly sure how to put it in my SD card.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I had same problem few days ago . I can confirm sometimes i cant find d2x-v10.... (only v4 v6 etc)I just choose to exit app and next time when i start app it was there. I had this issue twice even after fresh formated sd card. Firmware 5.3.2e
I have tried this SO many times, seriously it would've happened by now.

D

Deleted User

Not sure if it matters, but my hierarchy on the SD looks a lot different.

SD:/apps:/d2xciosinstaller/v10/beta52 (or 53) than the list of files.

Try replacing everything under apps with this:

Attachments

• d2x-cios-installer.zip
    665.8 KB · Views: 679

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus Christ, >180 views and only 2 of you have anything decent to say? Ridiculous.
the d2x installer mod 2.2 works the same way as the 3.1 version, except you don't need to put the IOS.wad on the sd card. the 2.2 installer extracts the IOS from the vWii and applies the patches and installs it to the cIOS slot. You do need the ciosmaps.xml in the correct location on the SD card. The d2x ciOS installer 3.1 will not work with the vWii so don't try to use it.

_HelpMePlease

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if it matters, but my hierarchy on the SD looks a lot different.

SD:/apps:/d2xciosinstaller/v10/beta52 (or 53) than the list of files.

Try replacing everything under apps with this:
the d2x installer mod 2.2 works the same way as the 3.1 version, except you don't need to put the IOS.wad on the sd card. the 2.2 installer extracts the IOS from the vWii and applies the patches and installs it to the cIOS slot. You do need the ciosmaps.xml in the correct location on the SD card. The d2x ciOS installer 3.1 will not work with the vWii so don't try to use it.

Great! Using the files given, I have a new error. 'unable to get the module mload for the d2x-v10-beta52-vwii'

This Wii hacking shit is absurd. NOTHING works like its supposed to. I haven't been able to do JACK SHIT because of this piece of crap installer.

Oh, never mind. It only showed that error once. Back to only showing versions 3-6. Nothing but fucking quality right here, folks. :glare::angry:

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great! Using the files given, I have a new error. 'unable to get the module mload for the d2x-v10-beta52-vwii'

This Wii hacking shit is absurd. NOTHING works like its supposed to. I haven't been able to do JACK SHIT because of this piece of crap installer.

Oh, never mind. It only showed that error once. Back to only showing versions 3-6. Nothing but fucking quality right here, folks. :glare::angry:
Try this installer just put it in your apps folder. http://www.mediafire.com/download/c...-3.1mod+by+FIX94-v10-beta52_beta53alt-vWi.zip

D

Deleted User

Those are the same files I linked above, didn't work for him.

Last edited by ,

_HelpMePlease

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country

Stop being a retard. If you indeed have read the stickies like you said then it should have worked flawlessly. Go back and read the stickies again.

_HelpMePlease

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://filetrip.net/wii-downloads/tools-utilities/download-d2x-cios-installer-mod-2-2-f31273.html
https://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/downloads/list

There is your download links, the only items you need to install d2x cios to the vWii. It works for everybody else so if it don't work for you then blame yourself.
Alright, fuck you. So I'm just the only human fucking being in the world with the defective WiiU? I don't think so. Is there ANYTHING else you can do for me. PLEASE. IM FUCKING BEGGING YOU. This has pissed me off for so fucking long now, I'm sick of it.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, fuck you. So I'm just the only human fucking being in the world with the defective WiiU? I don't think so. Is there ANYTHING else you can do for me. PLEASE. IM FUCKING BEGGING YOU. This has pissed me off for so fucking long now, I'm sick of it.
Ok, so I went and tested it and I get an error about not being able to get the mload for d2x v52 vwii IOS56. I don't know what to say, it worked two years ago when I first installed it.

edit
So I got it to work. When you download the file with the ciosmaps.xml, not only do you need to copy that file to your SD card, you also need to copy the folder to the SD card too. Look at my file structure in my d2x folder. I used v52 because v53 don't work with my setup, use what ever one you want.

d2x 1.PNG

I fixed one of the downloads from above, see if this works for you. Make sure to use a 2GB SD card if you are using a SDHC card and it fails.

Attachments

• d2x-cios-installer-3.1mod by FIX94-v10-beta52_beta53alt-vWi.zip
    595.8 KB · Views: 494
Last edited by stomp_442,

bruwesley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have the same probleam with my Wii U.

I put de files in sd card. f:/apps/d2x-cios-installer/choose d2x-v10-beta52-vWii

replace de ciosmaps.xml
insert sd on wiiU open vWii, launch HBC, open de d2x-cios-installer
and finally when I go select de cIOS the it not is showing

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same probleam with my Wii U.

I put de files in sd card. f:/apps/d2x-cios-installer/choose d2x-v10-beta52-vWii

replace de ciosmaps.xml
insert sd on wiiU open vWii, launch HBC, open de d2x-cios-installer
and finally when I go select de cIOS the it not is showing
Your folders are wrong. Read the thread.

Grab the zip, drop it into your SD card AS IS and it will work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.