Hacking D2X:Call of duty and just dance 2015

dc740

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm using cIOS base 57 for these two games (required) and I updated my system using modMii
  • cIOS202[60]-v5.1R
  • cIOS224[57]-v5.1R
  • cIOS249[56]-d2x-v8-final
  • cIOS250[57]-d2x-v8-final

Call of Duty-Black Ops and Just Dance 2015 only work when loading from a usb pendrive

Using my external hard drive doesn't work for any of them

Is this a known error? Is it just me?

Thanks

Update: I upgraded d2x to "V10 beta52", same problem.

I also just noticed that the main difference is that the external HD is formated as NTFS, while the pendrive is formatted as WBFS and I use a manager to copy the backups. Maybe that's the compatibility problem I'm experiencing? BTW: I'm using USB Loader GX

Last edited by dc740,

gburgue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I run COD:Black Ops (NTSC) selecting ios=250 on Wiiflow (USB HDD FAT32 32K, cIOS d2x-v10beta52). No issues.

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Call of Duty-Black Ops and Just Dance 2015 only work when loading from a usb pendrive... I also just noticed that the main difference is that the external HD is formated as NTFS, while the pendrive is formatted as WBFS...
Even though it works, WBFS is an antiquated file system. And if you're only going to be playing Wii games then it's fine. But transfering games on and off a WBFS formatted drive becomes tedious, and getting it to run anything else other than just Wii games can be problematic. As for NTFS, it's a Windows file system and not highly compatible on devices that aren't running a Microsoft OS.

You'll find that most of your issues disappear when you format your drives as FAT32 with 32kb clusters. FAT has always been a more universal file system in general. One of its issues though, is that individual files aren't allowed to be larger than 4GB in size. So for some Wii iso's the file will have to be split, but it's not an issue as up to date usb loaders can handle split files.

To transfer your existing files to your FAT drive, or convert iso's to .wbfs files you should use "Wii Backup Manager."

Last edited by portugeek,
Reactions: HaloEffect17

dc740

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I kept trying. NTFS is NOT the problem after all. I formatted the same pendrive as NTFS, moved the game, and it worked!

So far the only reason I see (I double checked all other possible options) is this one:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List

If the Device automatically spins down due to inactivity

Some drives are configured from the factory to automatically spindown after a set number of minutes of inactivity, which could cause issues. Configuration software is usually available to configure such devices to disable this feature.

I'll try that later. But I'll probably just use a different external HD (without the sleep function)

dc740

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Update:
I tried with a different external HDD, and it worked fine. Formated as NTFS too. So the problem is the first external hd drive.

Thanks everyone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night