• Total voters

xfrostx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And here is the famous “fix” of the wiinja developer for the white screen problem.

You can find it here:

http://www.wiinja.com/Foros/viewtopic.php?t=2108

Again, complimentary LITERAL translation. No problem.

* This fix doesn’t confirm that 100% of the owners of wiinja deluxe original can play dvd9 ssbb but will help many of them.
* Use High/Excellent quality DVD+R DL (Verbatim DVD+R DL & MEMOREX DVD+R DL tested)
* Use a DVD9 ISO and tested-as-working-properly burner.
* Burn the DVD at a slow speed.
* Open IMGBURN, select to write iso to DVD, select DVD9, click in TOOLS, SETTINGS->Write->Layer Break->User specified and type 2084960. Burn the DVD.
* Enjoy

NOTES:

* White screen + Japanese green text = Wii reader doesn’t like the DL media and can’t find second layer
* White screen and dvd turning with no text= DL Media w/o Layerbreak fixed.
* DVD9 DL Original & Backup require excessive laser use, forcing and abusing it will provoke future damage in your laser taking the risk of damaging … use at your own risk!
* If your drive gives 3 dry noises (like TOC,TOC,TOC) your reader is defective or dirty or not capable of reading DL
* SSBB Import Backup will create some new Japanese channels in your wii after you update with it …
* All of you that can load the game alter this help will see that the [wiinja] chip is perfectly capable to read DL, other faults like erroneous readings or hang ups are due to the reflexion index of the dvd, because the wii drive is not capable inclusive of reading correctly the original discs like it has been reported by hundreds of users to Nintendo.
* Once the game loads, we should check to see if we observe delays in the audio, go to the options menu and turn off the option Deflicker (a wrench icon) and then re-run the game.

We work exclusively to support Wiinja Deluxe, but we know that the information about this fix is going to be used by clients of different commercial chips that have had the white screen problem and we are happy that the whole community can enjoy this backup….

God bless your lenses
Wiinja Team 2008

So in short, he says to use that hard layerbreak setting. I believe this does NOT work with DVD-R DL media, only DVD+R DL, so your call if you wanna try. Also, I'm unsure if the layerbreak will leave enough space etc on the second layer etc (running to get my calculator and tables), but the best thing to do is for you to just test it and, if it all works fine w/o problems, then you know that the dc2key has an issue with reading past that layer mark and that's it. No more speculation whether the iso was dumped this or that way and whether it could produce this or that problem with this or that chip or if it was patched for wiikey or other (unlikely) rumors.

On the other hand, if not a single one of your can get the game FULLY running after this "fix", then we can meet again and try to figure it all out.

amazingnoob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm gonna go and waste my last dl disc on this. I'll post the results later
Wish me luck!

Update: Works 100% Tested with playing some movies and the first stage of subspace.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1