War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Im getting tired of 10kbs speed. I just recently moved, and apparently when I changed from Cox Communications to Roadrunner, my ports were all closed back up. I had it set up perfectly before I moved, and I was reaching almost 200kb/s, which for my connection is VERY fast. However, I checked my uTorrent, and it says my port is closed. I tried forwarding other ports, and nothing works. I do have a Static IP set up, and I tried to re set it up many times, but everytime I try it, uTorrent keeps saying that the port is not forwarded. I've done it correctly 3 other times (all before I moved) so I'm pretty sure I'm not doing anything wrong :\ Could it be this new provider?

My router is WRT54Gv2.02.7 Linksys, running Windows XP.

Can someone help me out, please?

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
ohmy.gif

Im gonna go try that now.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jiggah said:
You could just turn on UPnP. It'll auto-port foward.
You will find it easier searching BaUPnP
Also, it opens two ports, 80 and 3423 I think.
I'm sure it opens 80 though.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you could also try default ports that are usually open for other stuff such as email incomming port 110

or web browsing thats usually 8080 or just 80
smile.gif

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
The auto port forwarding didn't work, so I'm trying out BaUPnP right now. However, it says that my router doesn't have UPnP enabled... so I'm trying to figure out how to enable it on my router.

Edit: Just checked, and UPnP is enabled...however, the program says it isn't...maybe that's whats causing all these problems @_@

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Using the latest uTorrent version. And Jiggah, I already found the setting, but even if its enabled the program reads it as disabled :\ I already tried turning it off and on and stuff and it wont work.

The main point of this is to speed up my downloads because I just got a Wiikey... and downloading 4. something Gig games at 30kbs max speed takes a VERY long time. I'm thinking I might just buy a premium account for Megaupload and get them through there :\

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Warcueid said:
Using the latest uTorrent version. And Jiggah, I already found the setting, but even if its enabled the program reads it as disabled :\ I already tried turning it off and on and stuff and it wont work.

The main point of this is to speed up my downloads because I just got a Wiikey... and downloading 4. something Gig games at 30kbs max speed takes a VERY long time. I'm thinking I might just buy a premium account for Megaupload and get them through there :\

some torrent trackers have banned or crippled the latest utorrent client due to some bugs in it killin browsing speeds along with download speeds
frown.gif
... as above try an older version before shelling out cash for a premium acct!
smile.gif

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the official Linksys firmware? Have you updated the firmware? It's finicky with actually applying the settings.

For WRT54Gv2, I'd recommend slapping the DD-WRT or Tomato firmware on it.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I didn't even know it could load other firmware o-o How would I do that? And would it mess up my wifi settings? Because my mom would litereally kill me if I messed up her wifi...we had to hire someone to set it up for us.

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's a long shot, but... is the Windows XP firewall blocking it? You may have to allow uTorrent's port there, also, if you run the Windows XP Firewall. (I usually just turn it off altogether).

Anyhow, I hope it isn't your ISP
frown.gif

Port Checker
http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

You can also check if uTorrent is lying by using the link above. Test it on any port you have opened. If you have it open and uTorrent says it's closed, there may be some funny business going down with your ISP.

I suggest forwarding a random port and checking it with that link. THEN try setting uTorrent up on that link and see if it says opened or closed. ... THEN if uTorrent says it is closed, try using the yougetsignal website again on the same port. If it is closed, then... shady business!

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Javacat said:
Just a note, but I would avoid using UPnP. It's a huge security risk.
I normally don't use uPnP because of past trauma.

I used to have a Netgear router (WGRsomething or other I think). My Internet connect was continuously cutting out to the point that I had to turn my router off and on every hour or so. After turning off uPnP, my connection stayed on longer and my router-power-cycles became less often.

I still had to power cycle it every week or so... because it was a crappy Netgear router. It looked pretty, though
smile.gif
Oh, the younger years.

Anyhow, it wasn't like anything I used was using uPnp, it was on by default! I've always port forwarded my stuff manually since the early days because there was no other option

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr