sckelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Folks,

Please forgive me if I am asking questions that have been asked a hundred times before.

Please don't reply and tell me I am an idiot, just kindly move on to the next topic.

Im in the market for a modchip for my Wii. Until the SMG security stuff happened, I was for sure going to order the WiiKey.

Now it looks like the best alternative is the CycloWiz. Im surprised that I cant find a review on the site.

Is the Cyclowiz compatible with all chipsets? I assume my chipset is the earliest as I purchased my wii in december of 2006.

Please share any stories you may have with regard to the cyclowiz, or reasons why I should be purchasing the wiikey instead.

Pricewise, it seems the wiikey is about half the cost. The cost isnt an issue for the most part, i just want the most functional chip I get.

As well, if anyone can recommend a site in canada to order from I would be forever in your debt.

Like I said, if this has been hashed out a hundred times before, please just provide a link to the topic.

Thanks in advance.

- Sean

sckelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
An online tool gives me this info when I enter my wii serial number:

Your Drive Chip is most likely GC2-DMS.

Your Drive Pins are most likely not cut.

- Sean

SuperGeek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are very lucky, that Wii was probably bought at release or a little earlier. Any modchip you buy will work with it except for the D2CKey.

However, the best is probably, at the moment, the Cyclowiz. (For you anyway)

The cyclowiz is the only modchip for you that works with SMG, but the Wiikey team is also working on an update.

Give the WiiKey team a week; if they don't release an update, buy a cyclowiz, otherwise buy a wiikey.

sckelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So after reading this mornings update.... the WiiKey wins the battle.

Thanks for the response SuperGeek.

- Sean

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.