Hacking CWCheat Help on PSPGO running 6.20 PRO-B10

Ddiabolik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I perma hacked my psp go with 6.2 pro-b10. After the perma hack I no longer had to use promethius ISO loader, it actually took all the games in my ISO directory and just made an icon in the system memory on the xmb as if the games were all installed and they all launch flawlessly. Ok so here is my problem... I am trying to run CWCheat but whenever I load one of those ISOs and hold select to access the menu, there are no cheats in the cheat list. I noticed at the top there is no game title where it usually would list the game, and then next to ID instead of ULUS-whatever it actually says either HB4B12D3BC or HB56654AAE as the games ID... Ok So I looked around and someone suggested changing the game ID to match one of those that starts with HB. So I did, and still it won't bring up the game name or the cheat list. I've tried this with EVERY game I have, so even though it sounds like that SHOULD work, its not, does anyone know what to do about this? And I can verify that CWCheat 0.2.3 which is what I have installed is working as I can definitely use it to cheat on ANY PSX game I convert to eboot and run. I am so stumped and have tried repeatedly on my own to figure this out for a good few months now, finally I am just sitting down to ask teh question and HOPE someone can help me out. Thanks in advance!

Ddiabolik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are 2 .db files in there cheatpops and cheats, I assume the one without pops in the name is the psp one, and that is the one I have tried editing to get it to recognise the game, I am not using any loader or anything, I just drag and drop an ISO into the ISO folder on the root of my pspgo, and then launch from the psp like you would launch any other game.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Just to be sure it's not a database issue, try substituting this one in.
http://www.mediafire.com/?z547bv7efutjfrr
I haven't updated my database for cwcheat in a while (I mainly use CMFusion or TempAR now), so it doesn't have codes for new games like the kingdom hearts one, but see if it shows any codes for older games for you.

Ddiabolik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok even using that one it still says ALL the game IDs are one or the other of those I put above, I think it's because it's loading the ISO through something, but I didn't install anything, it just was able to load the ISOs right away after hacking, so I don't understand what the problem could be.

Ddiabolik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have links to TempAR or CMFusion downloads? I only started using CWcheat because I could use gameshark codes with ps1 games, but if those can do the same thing? I could switch and maybe that would change it. But I do honestly think that the real problem might be that the cheat program doesn't see the game as it's actual ID but instead the ID of whatever is loading the game. But again, I don't use any type of ISO loader, I just put the ISO on the GOs internal memory, then it appears in teh XMB as if its installed.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
TempAR appears to have PSX game support, but I've never used it, instead just using cwcheatpops and the included database for PSX games (as that's always worked fine for me). Are the games you're trying to play PSX games? If so make sure you're enabling cwcheatpops.prx in the POPS text file and not the normal cwcheat, as PSX games run within a container.

Anyways.
http://raing3.gshi.org/psp-utilities/?action=page&file=PSP/TempAR
The link's at the bottom of the blue categories.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a similar issue when I installed 6.60 temp, except it would show all PSPS games as "Homebrew" in CWCheat. I installed isoloader and cheats then showed up for me after that without any problems, not sure if it was a coincidence or not though.

The games themselves loaded fine but it seemed that CWCheat just couldn't identify the game ID. I'd gone straight from 5.50 prometheus to 6.60 so I also removed ISO loader originally for the same reason you did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over