Custom Wine Themes Thread

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Bubsy Bobcat, Nov 24, 2016.

Nov 24, 2016
  1. Bubsy Bobcat
    OP

Member Bubsy Bobcat vegtebales

Zimbabwe
    This is a thread for Wine themes (a compatibility layer for OSes like OS X and most Linux based OSes to run Windows software) since the default theme looks like it's from the Win9x era and would probably melt the eyes of a TempStyle Dark user like me. So here's my first theme which isn't too great but feel free use, edit or improve it to your liking, or even make your own from scratch and post it here!
    Dark Orange Theme (Old)
    Screenshot from 2016-11-24 22-14-12.png
    Copy and paste this in the appropriate section of Wine's user.reg

Last edited by Bubsy Bobcat, Jan 11, 2017
    hobbledehoy899 likes this.
  2. Bubsy Bobcat
    OP

Zimbabwe
    DARK ORANGE THEME UPDATE: It seems I forgot to edit AppWorkSpace which meant that certain programs would still have an ugly grey workspace so here's a fixed version (even though one line is edited from the previous one) :rofl2:
    Preview with Adobe Photoshop CS2 running in Crossover
    Copy and paste this the same way for previous version (Also feel free to edit this and share your edits in this thread too!)

Last edited by Bubsy Bobcat, Jan 11, 2017
  3. matpower

Member matpower A Hero of Justice

Brazil
    Doesn't Wine integrate with GTK3 themes? I never used Wine too deeply, but at least Touhou 6 looked like a native app.

4. Bubsy Bobcat
    OP

Zimbabwe
    I'm not really sure. Since I use a fair few old programs in Wine, they use an ugly grey colour scheme similar to classic Windows, which really doesn't go well with a modern material design desktop. The scheme I posted is to fit a dark theme desktop but with a few bits in orange.

matpower likes this.