Hacking Custom Nintendont System Menu Channels for Wii/vWii

D

Deleted User

Thanks for the quick reply! All the links for GMBv2 in this thread(http://copy.com/vRN3HgFVyk9u7YuB/Public/GetMyBanner_v2.0.rar) are broken. And regarding the tortoise patch, I do place the patch into the main nintendont file and I do right click>tortosie>apply patch... but for some reason it never opens the gui, just a file browser and it asks me to select a folder? I'm using the latest version(1.8.11.16392).

D

Deleted User

Hmm, still the same error, I'll post some pictures, maybe that will help diagnose the problem? Untitled.png Untitled1.png Untitled2.png

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    165.8 KB · Views: 442
  • Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    164.2 KB · Views: 342
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    247.7 KB · Views: 310
D

Deleted User

Okay so I see what I did wrong. So I did the "svn checkout" and it allowed me to apply the patches. Only thing is that when I went to use the build it would give me an error where dir_argument_exists was not initialized(under the update.c) so I went in there and noticed that the bool dir_argument_exists = strlen(launch_dir); was commented out for some reason, fixed that, then it gave me an error saying launch_dir was not initialized. Turns out that also was commented out. After re-adding those two lines it made the loader.dol file without a problem. In customizemii I used a wad file for animal crossing that is meant for backup loaders(https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-...ection-for-system-menu-backup-loaders.325003/ from this thread here) and inserted the dol. The issue now is that when I open up the channel it takes me to the loading screen for nintendont but then does not load. Thanks again for all your help.

Edit: Oh and the reason why I didn't use your GetmyBannersv2 was because when I used it, inputted GAF(for animal crossing) it kept trying to download a 0kb file and henceforth failed.

Last edited by ,

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Okay so I see what I did wrong. So I did the "svn checkout" and it allowed me to apply the patches. Only thing is that when I went to use the build it would give me an error where dir_argument_exists was not initialized(under the update.c) so I went in there and noticed that the bool dir_argument_exists = strlen(launch_dir); was commented out for some reason, fixed that, then it gave me an error saying launch_dir was not initialized. Turns out that also was commented out. After re-adding those two lines it made the loader.dol file without a problem. In customizemii I used a wad file for animal crossing that is meant for backup loaders(https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-...ection-for-system-menu-backup-loaders.325003/ from this thread here) and inserted the dol. The issue now is that when I open up the channel it takes me to the loading screen for nintendont but then does not load. Thanks again for all your help.

Edit: Oh and the reason why I didn't use your GetmyBannersv2 was because when I used it, inputted GAF(for animal crossing) it kept trying to download a 0kb file and henceforth failed.
Get my banners 2 uses files on copy.com and since the account is banned the url for the banners need to be updated
I'll fix the url and release a v2.1 later
as for launchdir it should be commented because there's no launchdir
that's why you get the black screen

D

Deleted User

I've tried my best to get this running but I still can't :( I've redownloaded the source files multiple times, gone through them and manually changed everything according to the patch. Yet whenever the Wii opens up the channel, I still get stuck at the loading bar when it tries to load the game. I've changed the files to .txt so I can upload them. I imagine it's a simple fix that I've just overlooked. What would prevent the channel from loading up nintendont/the game?

Attachments

• main.txt
    31.1 KB · Views: 400
  • menu.txt
    17.8 KB · Views: 295
  • update.txt
    8.6 KB · Views: 315

Ughwire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have also been tackling this again recently, and I'm having the same problem. I'm fairly confident that the issues stem from the updated source code of the latest revision of nintendont; for instance, uncommenting your preferences for the game is no longer at line 233. After installing SVN and applying the patches, the files get red exclamation points next to them, which I assume means that there are some kinds of errors. And lastly, using getmybanners v2 yields 0kb .bnr files, at least for smash bros melee (GAL). We both appreciate you looking into this!

Ughwire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even applying it manually causes it to hang at the nintendont screen. Methinks that the patch as a whole needs to be updated before this will work again, unless we could get ahold of older nintendont source code. I don't know if you have the time or plan on updating this, but we'll just have to wait until someone does.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I made these files to keep this thread alive:
Nintendont Autoboot Mod Rev 296 Pre-patched Source (edit /loader/main.c) and run build.bat (Game boots into black screen or bios if present with no verbose output)
GetMyBanners (Banner Download Link Fixed to New Repo)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101209384/nintendon-t-read-only-296-autoboot.7z
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101209384/GetMyBanner.7z

P.S> Tested with Animal Crossing, use the info in OP to change the game ID, path and Nintendont settings

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
(Sorry if posting to an old thread) I tried this today with a Mario sunshine channel, I followed the instructions perfectly but I ended up with a channel for a Spiderman game (Even i'm confused at how I did that) I tried to run the channel and it booted into what is assumed to be a game, however to only told me to make sure a controller was connected. It also turned my wiimote off (I play with a classic controller) and I couldn't get it to reconnect. Any form of help would be appreciated. =)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
(Sorry if posting to an old thread) I tried this today with a Mario sunshine channel, I followed the instructions perfectly but I ended up with a channel for a Spiderman game (Even i'm confused at how I did that) I tried to run the channel and it booted into what is assumed to be a game, however to only told me to make sure a controller was connected. It also turned my wiimote off (I play with a classic controller) and I couldn't get it to reconnect. Any form of help would be appreciated. =)
if you have downloaded the 2 files in my previous post, all you need to do is edit/source/loader/main.c file
write the game id in hex, game path and comment in/out whatever settings you need to use
when you finish editing compile using build.bat file
you will get a loader.dol in source/loader folder
now that you have your custom dol ready, run getmybanners and let it download and create the wad file
customiizemii will automatically start thereafter and you just need to replace the loader dol with the one you created earlier
install the wad and run your game directly from the system menu

Reactions: Baccabechoppin

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
View attachment 22897
if you have downloaded the 2 files in my previous post, all you need to do is edit/source/loader/main.c file
write the game id in hex, game path and comment in/out whatever settings you need to use
when you finish editing compile using build.bat file
you will get a loader.dol in source/loader folder
now that you have your custom dol ready, run getmybanners and let it download and create the wad file
customiizemii will automatically start thereafter and you just need to replace the loader dol with the one you created earlier
install the wad and run your game directly from the system menu
Tried what you said and got the correct channel this time, but the issue of the wiimote disconnecting is still at hand, when I boot from the channel I still get the make sure a controller is connected message. (If I boot from inside Nintendon't the message never shows up)

Last edited by Baccabechoppin,
Reactions: AbdallahTerro

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if you don't have a usb controller make sure this line is commented
//NIN_CFG_HID |
you might have it like this
NIN_CFG_HID |
and that's why you are being asked to connect a usb controller
That seemed to be the issue! Turned that off and the channel loaded. Only now it tells me that I'm missing a file called kenobiwii.bin on my usb, after displaying this message my Wii proceeds to shut down. Any advice?

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
kenobiwii is used for cheats so make sure you have it off
//NIN_CFG_CHEATS |
//strcpy(ncfg->CheatPath, "/Games/GAFE01 - Animal Crossing/GAFE.gct");

I believe you have it like this
NIN_CFG_CHEATS |
or
strcpy(ncfg->CheatPath, "/Games/GAFE01 - Animal Crossing/GAFE.gct");

so just add // and recompile

alternatively you can download the kenobiwii.bin file and copy it to your usb device but I prefer method 1

Reactions: Baccabechoppin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte