Hacking Custom Nand-Loader MOD 1.1

stev418

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry for the bump. This is working great, but I have small problem. I patched and installed Ocarina Of Time NTSC WAD. It works great, but when I press reset button on my console, it resets my wii, not only the game. Is there any way to change it, so it works normally?
sorry for this bump, but i think this question should get answered - this seems to be an issue with the loader and N64 games, it only affects N64 games so its very strange. Im not a coder (im limited to copy/paste code) so im not sure what to do to fix this, but how often do we actually 'reset' a vc? generally you just start or stop a game. If anyway can offer a suggestion it would be nice just to know why this only effects N64 VC. The most i can try is just compiling with latest devkit but i highly doubt that will change things.

Susum

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi guys! Sorry for bump, but maybe you can help me fix the problem. I'm using Pal Wii with RGB video cable, using Custom Nand Loader to patch NTSC wads to run on my PAL wii, but I keep getting red screen on all my patched wads. How can I fix this issue? Some way to force at least PAL 50 mode? I dont wanna use composite crap cable. Please help.

Also, when I'm using original Wakinkoko nand loader I getting error 002.

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys! Sorry for bump, but maybe you can help me fix the problem. I'm using Pal Wii with RGB video cable, using Custom Nand Loader to patch NTSC wads to run on my PAL wii, but I keep getting red screen on all my patched wads. How can I fix this issue? Some way to force at least PAL 50 mode? I dont wanna use composite crap cable. Please help.

Also, when I'm using original Wakinkoko nand loader I getting error 002.
Your TV or monitor might not support NTSC mode. As for the 002 error, you're probably using it on newer games that run on a different IOS.

stev418

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trying to run Double Dragon II for example, it uses ios56. What I need to do to fix 002 error? Somehow change ios, another nand loader?

The original waninkoko version does not include a 002 error fix, hence why this is a 'mod' version. As for as the red screen i take RGB cable = scart or some such thing? you TV dont have component inputs there? I dont compile wii stuff anymore so all i can advise is to copy my 002 source over to waninkoko's original source and compile it (or ask someone to) then try setting PAL60.

De1

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
DUDE. OK, I registered here yesterday because I couldn't get this to work properly. Today I figured it out and it WORKS LIKE A CHARM. You sir are a bloody legend. Your work here is worthy of a medal of some sort. Not only can I now play through one of my favourite games of all time, Majora's Mask, at 60 hz (you can notice the difference even on the loading screen), the crackling sound that often plagues many VC versions is not evident. Merry Christmas and have a good new year!

seriousLP

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey stev, first things first: I love your work!
But i got a problem with your launcher, it seems to change something on the reset button of the wii.
when i play a vc game (for example zelda oot or mm) it runs smoothly when patched with wwpacker and your launchers, but when i hit the reset button on the wii the whole wii resets instead of taking me back to the n64 logo.
this is really bad for speedrunning purposes, is there any way to change this?
without your launcher (with normal wwpacker region change) the game is running absolutely not smoothly, the sound and video laggs, it's worse than 50hz.
like i said, i love your work and need your loaders because they work that great, but this resetting thing is really making me problems.
hope you can help me, greetings
serious

stev418

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi, Please see post #41. Sorry but im actually no coder at all - my skills are limited to minuscule task such as copy/paste, some hex stuff and compiling. the 'reset bug' is a strange one that i have no way of solving, the lucky/strange thing is that it only effects N64 games.

Edit - I suppose your other option is just do a total region change on you wii and turn it into an NTSC wii, something i really should have done to start with in hind sight

seriousLP

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you stev, but changing my Wii to NTSC via Anyregion Changer does neither remove the reset bug from a patched WAD or the sound problems from an unpatched one.
I tried this first, even before I tried to make a WAD regionfree.
For speedrunning purposes I will prefer the way to accept the sound problems, though, because the resetting thing costs me more than 2 minutes throughout the whole game otherwise.
serious

stev418

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hm, iirc there is more to a full region change then just using anyregion changer. Ive never done it myself but i think something like comex's nand formatter to do a full job using using setting.txt, system wad, eula, and region select wads - then you could run standard unpatched NTSC wads all at 60hz. As quote by bushing "there are absolutely no hardware differences between Wiis from different regions."

Zyrvan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello. Sorry for my eng. I have a problem. Failed to run "The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask" (NTSC) version. on WII PAL console, without wheezing sound. Even after the conversion in nand-loader-MOD 1.1 - the sound still wheezing, fps low. In general, those who have info on this issue, please write.
ps: I did everything according to instructions, on the other games, all right, go perfectly with 60hz

Zyrvan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
DUDE. OK, I registered here yesterday because I couldn't get this to work properly. Today I figured it out and it WORKS LIKE A CHARM. You sir are a bloody legend. Your work here is worthy of a medal of some sort. Not only can I now play through one of my favourite games of all time, Majora's Mask, at 60 hz (you can notice the difference even on the loading screen), the crackling sound that often plagues many VC versions is not evident. Merry Christmas and have a good new year!
Greetings. How do you solved the problem? I would be very grateful, if you send fixed wad of Majora's Mask you have, in my e-mail [email protected]

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
This is definitely cool. I got it working and all but I really, REALLY want to ask:
Is there possibility to do this but instead just force PAL60? Or does this break the games bad.

The Red Screen problem for us with RGB cables is just that bad. While the game still does launch, it also is not fun to play whole game looking like last moment of a bond intro.

MajorFoley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
THIS WORKS. i had the japanese version of paper mario (mario story) used force loader NTSC bin renamed it pressed X for all options and it worked! I do have a couple of questions though
1. if i wanted to is it safe to change the language when asked or is it not recommended?
2. If i were to use a PAL wad of any other VC game would it play in 480P or is it only NTSC?

sfjuocekr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a problem with Paper Wars Cannon Fodder, I know people say it's a shit game but it is the only game I simply can not get to work :(

It's a NTSC-U game and I tried using the IOS56 loader, but I still get a black screen.

azakhan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I need some help! I downloaded and extracted the file but I don't understand the instructions. it contains: bin\force NTSC loader (plus IOS 53, 55, 56), then a source folder, then a no error loader.c, then makefile, then rvl.ld

I downloaded, extracted and installed wwpacker 1.84 but couldn't find the common key.bin. Could someone help explain the other steps too- I'm using showmiiwads in usbloader GX and so far I've got my PAL VC games running fine, thanks.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thank you so much Stev418! It was about time I could play the games I payed for without being 50hz.

But I have one problem, it seems that when I try to do this with every n64 game that it's not F-Zero X gives me a Error-1022 on Wad Manager, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, because as I said, only FZero X works (By the way, what a massive change between Pal and NTSC). I look at the IOS that they use, for example Star Fox and Paper Mario are 21, and I use ForceNTSC_loader.bin, and common-key.bin is there too.

I seriously don't know where the problem is.

I know this is terribly late, and most probably i'll wont get any help, but well, I have to try.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thank you a lot for the link, but, maybe I wrote it wrong (English is not my first language, so it's possible) but F-Zero is the only one that actually works, the rest doesn't.

But if that exists, I guess I could look for them; I'll try, thank you for at least pointing that option :D.

Edit: Everything I see are dead torrents, what a shame... But at least I can see that the size of the Wads in those "Patched Loader FreeRegion" Packs are different that the ones I have (For example Star Fox 64 made by me is 25.7mb but in the pack is 24.5mb).

...Bad luck.

Edit2: I discovered that there are different versions of Star Fox 64, at least 3, with different sizes and, different Ios (V1 uses Ios9, V3 uses Ios21).

I don't know if my problem was the version, because I used v3 before, and the torrents show v1. But , it's the same Loader.bin (ForceNTSC_Loader.bin)... I'm so confused...

Edit3: Ok, even with the V1 I still get error -1022, but in a different packet, so definitely it's something I'm doing wrong, because if I install the un-patched NTSC version , they install fine (Although I must use Usb Loader GX with Force NTSC to play it in 60hz).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't pick random tools, look at the date of the release and if latest version is older than 2-3 years, chances are that other tools exists and are better.

Use your favorite USBLoader, they all have WiiWare and VC launching capability.
USBLoaderGX, Wiiflow, CFG Loader and PostLoader are all compatible with channel launching, even NTSC channels on PAL console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse