Homebrew [Custom Launcher] Spider3DSTools released

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Check your toolchain. I compared the Pokemon's code with one got precompiled somewhere in this post, they are the same. Also check it from my site, just in case.

This is the weird thing. I used the Yagarto thing that was linked in the github of those tools, it compiled fine. I also compiled the code.c using that, and using pokemon's exploit site it did run on my 3DS. Well, whatever, as long as the code part compiles and this thing works I am happy enough.

EDIT: Well, I quickly compared the source of pokemon's webpage to what I compiled and hosted and, well, it's the same. So either I have something screwed up in my hosting, or I dunno, maybe wrong encoding or something?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
PewnyPL get loadcode.DAT and index.HTML from my site, compare the former with your compiled version, if no differences, just host my index.HTML, there is not much since sticking to gateway original version.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would a "Make your primary Mii a gold pants Mii" code.bin be beneficial to anyone? Would literally take me less than 30 minutes to make.
I'm not sure what the purpose of such a thing is, as people would get confused as to who this gold-pants Mii is since they're usually reserved for important Miis from Nintendo.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, it was LoadCode.dat by default in Spider3DSTools, so you'd better just rename it
Second, you do not need to modify index.html at all, as the default "LoadROP.dat" may be substituted by the parameter in URL, like for my mirror http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/index.html?LoadCode.bin (or just the shorter version http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop?LoadCode.bin)
Third, you can even substitute the default code.bin filename with the second URL parameter, like http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop?LoadCode.bin&GBC.bin
Fourth, you can even place this index.html on your personal/local http server.
Okay, I see what you did there. That is much more easier, however even after visiting your site, my 3DS browser does not crash at all. I can load the page up and if I call for LoadCode.bin it would say "Downloading ROP file LoadCode.bin:" My guess is because I am in GW Emunand. btw how do you tag someone like you did to me a couple of posts ago?

I do have a question tho, is the LoadCode from those things modified in any way from the one that is in the OP of this thread? I compiled it myself and while it crashes the browser on my 3DS (9.4) it did nothing else. But launching that projectpokemon website actually ran the file from my SD card.
Are you in Gateway EmuNAND? Cuz my browser will not crash for somereason. It is rock solid, and I am using am old 3DS XL

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I see what you did there. That is much more easier, however even after visiting your site, my 3DS browser does not crash at all. I can load the page up and if I call for LoadCode.bin it would say "Downloading ROP file LoadCode.bin:" My guess is because I am in GW Emunand. btw how do you tag someone like you did to me a couple of posts ago?

Are you in Gateway EmuNAND? Cuz my browser will not crash for somereason. It is rock solid, and I am using am old 3DS XL

Don't do it in GW emuNAND, it won't work. Only sysNAND. Unless I'm wrong ofc, but I've never had it work in emuNAND.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't do it in GW emuNAND, it won't work. Only sysNAND. Unless I'm wrong ofc, but I've never had it work in emuNAND.
Yea, I figured as such, so far I finally able to get the browser to crash, nothing more.
@duke_srg
I made an error; I meant Downloading ROP file LoadCode.dat: not .bin. Sorry.
@Every one
How do you compile a code. Huntereb released his MK7 code, but would like to know how to go about compiling it so that way I could make modification to the value on the VR code. I know I ain't that good XD.

Secret Dragoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I figured as such, so far I finally able to get the browser to crash, nothing more.
@duke_srg
@Every one
How do you compile a code. Huntereb released his MK7 code, but would like to know how to go about compiling it so that way I could make modification to the value on the VR code. I know I ain't that good XD.

You need a custom gcc toolchain for arm processors.
I used linux, if you're asking you probably don't have the knowledge to do it the way I did.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@duke_srg
@Every one

You need a custom gcc toolchain for arm processors. I used the recommended one, Yagarto. Just install the path variable and run "make" under a command window. code.bin should come out; add it to your SD card.

Helper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the interest of rapid prototyping; it seems that the LoadCode.dat has easy access to the browser applet's own RAM. 3MB of RAM, right? Would it be feasible to load the "code.bin" file from a Javascript array? My idea would be to point the browser to a cgi script which generates a page consisting of the static use-after-free exploit along with dynamically generated Javascript which creates an array and fills it with a copy of the server-side code.bin file. This would alleviate the need to copy code.bin to the SD card with each new build.

Perhaps the most significant issue; does the exploit clobber too much of the RAM? And would a Javascript array prevent the exploit from succeeding, like a dirty history/cookies/cache does?

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need a custom gcc toolchain for arm processors.
I used linux, if you're asking you probably don't have the knowledge to do it the way I did.
I have used Linux before, and it is harder then Windows, I am not proeffeciant in Linux... so yeah, I don't have the knowledge to do it your way. I think I know a little like dev_hd0 (or Devhd0) is first hard drive in the list and eth0 is the first Ethernet card, as you can see my knowledge is lacking in Linux:lol:.
In a sense almost everyone is using Linux, via their model phone aka Android. Althogh Android isn't Linux as a whole, however is based off of it.

You need a custom gcc toolchain for arm processors. I used the recommended one, Yagarto. Just install the path variable and run "make" under a command window. code.bin should come out; add it to your SD card.
Welp, now I really feel stupid. I already had the code.c compiled already, when I compiled the other three dat files. Thank you for directing me to Yagarto's ARM installer. I was using the OP ARM and it worked, but lacked the make command, so installed GNU Make and installed MingGW for gcc. I was contemplating on using Cygwin, but it takes a while to install. You have helped me out.

Reactions: DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used Linux before, and it was harder then Windows, I am not proeffeciant in Linux... so yeah, I don't have the knowledge to do it your way. I think I know a little like dev_hd0 (or Devhd0) is first hard drive in the list and eth0 is the first Ethernet card, as you can see my knowledge is lacking in Linux:lol:.
In a sense almost everyone is using Linux, via their model phone aka Android. Althogh Android isn't Linux as a whole, however is based off of it.

Welp, now I really feel stupid. I already had the code.c compiled already, when I compiled the other three dat files. Thank you for directing me to Yagarto's ARM installer. I was using the OP ARM and it worked, but lacked the make command, so installed GNU Make and installed MingGW for gcc. I was contemplating on using Cygwin, but it takes a while to install. You have helped me out.

Ah, don't feel stupid lol. And that's good that I helped you :)

Reactions: RandomUser

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used Linux before, and it is harder then Windows, I am not proeffeciant in Linux... so yeah, I don't have the knowledge to do it your way. I think I know a little like dev_hd0 (or Devhd0) is first hard drive in the list and eth0 is the first Ethernet card, as you can see my knowledge is lacking in Linux:lol:.

You can always watch Linux tuts on the tube. I've been using for six years now, and I even check there from time to time.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, don't feel stupid lol. And that's good that I helped you :)
Thank you. Now I cannot get the codes to work in MK7 pre compiled nor self compiled. The browser crashes, but I don't get that nasty looking screen, I Decided to try this out on my 4.2 sysnand using retail cartridge. I suppose this is for 9.x only?
You can always watch Linux tuts on the tube. I've been using for six years now, and I even check there from time to time.
I supposed I could, knowing myself it would take a while to get a grasp on it, I ain't exactly the fastest learner. A lot of applications are made for Windows and I have not felt the need to move to Linux yet, I however do dabble in Linux sometimes, but don't spend a whole lot of time using it. Come to think about it, I think I use Mac OSX more then Linux, however again Windows is my main OS.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
In the interest of rapid prototyping; it seems that the LoadCode.dat has easy access to the browser applet's own RAM. 3MB of RAM, right? Would it be feasible to load the "code.bin" file from a Javascript array? My idea would be to point the browser to a cgi script which generates a page consisting of the static use-after-free exploit along with dynamically generated Javascript which creates an array and fills it with a copy of the server-side code.bin file. This would alleviate the need to copy code.bin to the SD card with each new build.

Perhaps the most significant issue; does the exploit clobber too much of the RAM? And would a Javascript array prevent the exploit from succeeding, like a dirty history/cookies/cache does?
It will be great, in that case it will be easy to patch code.bin content in javascript to change a parameter data, because I don't see the way to easily pass the data now through gspwn execution besides SD card.
BTW actual code.bin data can be loaded into javascript with XMLHTTPRequest, just like I did with the actual ROP data, so there will be no need to inject escaped string into html with each update, only bianary file updating will be needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte